Bizarre First Night With My Deck

LaLaToro

First off, I think this is the right place for this thread. It's a personal matter regarding cards. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I know how annoying it is for newcomers to muck up forums.
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a sissy. I've had startling experiences with spirit boards before and inexplicable occurrences regarding ritual, pendulum, etc. The cards are totally new to me though. I've been studying them for a few weeks, deciding what I wanted, jumping into the sea of knowledge that obviously sustains lifelong students such as yourselves. Then my cards arrived yesterday, brand new Marseilles. I felt like I met an old friend. I studied the cards, they fell into place so to speak. Everything came natural. The day passed and I went to bed. I fell asleep as was quickly awakened by a bump. It could have been my little one beside me, it's not uncommon. I heard a chorus, singing. The wind was not blowing, my kids were asleep. I tried to go back to sleep then I heard tropical birds. Clear as day. My husband heard nothing. I told myself, it's nothing, you live in the middle if the woods, surrounded by animals, you have a new tool in the house, it's nothing. But I felt something. Not menacing, but I wanted it to stop so I could rest. I was thinking about the maladies that come after you have a child, the night sweats and chills and things that you have to adjust to with a new beginning. I thought maybe that's inevitable with my new deck. However I can't shake the memories of my spirit board. It doesn't feel like it did with the board but I can't help but get a touch of the heebie jeebies. I can't help but wonder what's going on. Am I cut out for this? It came so natural, too natural to dismiss it after one bizarre night. Has anyone had a similar experience or advice? Last night I decided I would keep them outside at night or get rid of them. But upon awakening, I decided that's not always the answer. I should also mention, I kept them in the window, tied with a black ribbon with a quartz crystal, amethyst and obsidian bound to them. Please don't think me a fool. I'm quite intuitive. I just wanted advice because I have no one around me that's experienced.
Thanks

Padma

It sounds like the deck truly speaks to you. It doesn't sound threatening to me - not with birds singing! It may also be that you just had some spirit pass through the house, and it was completely unrelated to the deck....

LaLaToro

Thanks for your reply Lotus Padma. Maybe I'm looking for reassurance. If I read this post I would probably dismiss it for a moron that's being skiddish. It doesn't help I can't voice all my concerns because I only have my iphone to type on. Today has been most interesting. People and animals are uncommonly interested in me so I take it as a positive omen. I just didn't expect this dramatic change, especially so quickly. Maybe it is my path. Again, thank you for your reply.

Padma

I don't think your concerns are offbeat! ;) Interesting that animals are attracted to you today - I find them to be very psychic and empathetic...perhaps they sense your openness. Perhaps working with the deck helped you unblock an area of sensitivity that you were not aware was blocked.

I also laughed at your animals being interested comment, when I looked at my avatar! :laugh:

Good luck! :love:

ravenest

... Perhaps working with the deck helped you unblock an area of sensitivity that you were not aware was blocked.

This. It may not be the cards so much themselves but you and the response to energies and yourself , either way ( by that I mean, 'energy' is reacting to you or vice versa ) .. that was stimulated by you getting the cards.

I hesitate to say that 'in a past life' you may have used them ... but that sort of thing is what I am inferring. Its a bit like someone with a different ethnic background to where they live ( even maybe generations back ) eats an 'unusual' and 'unknown food to them, but it was part of their ancestral diet and it now triggers a deep response via the genetic memory.

I have studied and practiced magick most of my life. Once my GF and I joined a coven for a bit of a lark and did the 'silly' joining ritual. I knew what it was previously, and knew the history and the BS of it ..... but boy , did things 'go off' later that night when I went to go to sleep ! All sorts of things :laugh: .

LaLaToro

Interesting idea Padma. The thought has crossed my mind but never to that degree.
Ravenest, the idea of past lives is so foreign and taboo to my part of the country I had never previously considered it but this came to me this morning. It's still difficult to admit to myself but my ability seems inexplicably natural. It's as if I were remembering how to do a simple task I used to do everyday. And I feel eerily aware of everything around me. I'm welcoming to all of the above as long as it's true. I know how pesky and tricky bad spirits can be and I guess that's a concern for me. Being tricked into welcoming something with bad intentions. If this is all from my past, then I know what my next topic of study will be! Thanks for your input!

moon_light

I don't know if you meant your bedroom window or not, but you might just want to try putting them in a different room, preferably one as far away from the bedrooms as possible. Having some physical distance from them might diffuse the energy that you pick up on.

ravenest

Interesting idea Padma. The thought has crossed my mind but never to that degree.
Ravenest, the idea of past lives is so foreign and taboo to my part of the country I had never previously considered it but this came to me this morning. It's still difficult to admit to myself but my ability seems inexplicably natural. It's as if I were remembering how to do a simple task I used to do everyday. And I feel eerily aware of everything around me. I'm welcoming to all of the above as long as it's true. I know how pesky and tricky bad spirits can be and I guess that's a concern for me. Being tricked into welcoming something with bad intentions. If this is all from my past, then I know what my next topic of study will be! Thanks for your input!

:) ... I am a doubter, critical and a cynic ... but the first time a sword was put in my hand, something happened. Sometimes I surprise myself and my teacher; "Where did you learn THAT from?" he will say when I 'surprise' him. Once he even got shirty with me "You have been training somewhere else at the same time haven't you ? "

I dont know where 'natural ability' comes from ... some say we are ' born with it' or we have a particular propensity to learn a particular thing better than others ... but IMO thats just a round about way of saying the same thing. .... we tend to 'bring' some things with us when we 'arrive'. It isnt all just learnt IMO.

PS. What is you next topic of study ? (You got me curious now. )

earthair

Last night I decided I would keep them outside at night or get rid of them. But upon awakening, I decided that's not always the answer. I should also mention, I kept them in the window, tied with a black ribbon with a quartz crystal, amethyst and obsidian bound to them.
Thanks

Don't keep them tied up, free them. Select a few cards that you find reassuring and look at them just before you go to sleep. Try to dream them :)

Laurelle

Possibilities:

1. Sounds like some kind of spirit.

2. Have you ever had a night terror? It's a dream that feels so real, but it's not. It's an errie feeling and they scare me. Since you heard these noises and your husband did not, it makes me think of a night terror. Perhaps you thought you were awake, but you weren't. You can't wake up from them easily because your body actually thinksit's already awake.

3. Have you heard of the process of ascension? When you said you had night sweats from your baby..? Never had that happen to me after childbirth and I've never heard of anyone else having that. It sounds like all those symptoms could be part of an "awakening" process. You should look into that.

4. I prescribe to the belief that if something scares me then it's wrong. It doesn't make you a "sissy." Fear is a part of our biological wiring that is meant to protect us. I have had many occurrences that are strange. Many feel wonderful, many do not. I do not mess around with anything that makes me scared.

5. I've never had strange occurrences from tarot cards. I wrap mine in black cloth though. Perhaps placing those types of crystals on them with a black ribbon were somewhat ritualistic. Did you do that instinctually or read it somewhere? Sometimes rituals are real (depends on the ritual). The can evoke entities.

6. Be careful too. If it doesn't feel good, then don't do it.

7. I would ask to be surrounded by angels and ask them for help. They can neutralize any negative entity (if there are any) and help protect you.

Very interesting! PM me or post any more details.