A new De-enabling thread for 2008

magpie9

Debra said:
Oh Hell. I just enabled myself into buying that book of illustrations.
ROLF PMPL :D :D :D !!!

GryffinSong

Debra, you rock!!! LOL

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that I've talked myself out of the Dante. I still love the art. Don't honestly care if it has nothing to do with the real Dante, 'cause I was intrigued by the images.

BUT, I thought long and hard about what kind of deck would complement the ones I have with NO overlap. I have a medieval rider waite interpretation. I have a bright contemporary deck. I have a fantasy deck. I have a gorgeous animal meditation deck.

What I'm missing is an abstract, make-you-do-the-work-of-interpretation, intuitive deck. I've been entirely too much in my head, and am having trouble sinking into that deep, intuitive place. So I spent hours on taroteca last night, reviewing my wish list.

The bad news is also good news I guess. I gave in and ordered the Margaret Peterson last night. It's abstract, levels of depth to her work, the kind of thing where I can sink into the image and let my intuition and imagination loose. I'm really excited about this deck, and feel very lucky to have found a copy at a reasonable price. It seems very hard to find and rare at this point.

Anyway. After this I'm really going to stop. Really. Bwahahaha ... I'm addicted. It's both good and bad.

Let's all of us on limited budgets have some meetings, eh? :)

Lavandula

Please help. I need to be de-enabled from buying the Illuminated Tarot. I'm also sniffing around for a Whimsical Tarot and probably need to be talked out of that one too.

Trouble is, I'm fully aware of their price tags, but I've convinced myself that the price is worth it (for the work in the Illuminated, and for the scarcity of the Whimsical). Money is an issue, don't get me wrong, but the "oh but they're expensive" line is doing nothing to de-enable me because I can talk myself into justifying the price.

Can anyone help with talking me out of these cards for reasons other than cost?

Skimo

Lavandula, you should make some research about the Illuminated here, there are a lot of posts about it.
A few people weren't happy about the cardstock and the lamination, or the way the iridiscent paint is painted on the cards.

I would need a de-enabling too...
For this Lenormand Oracle :
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7438317
Anyone here has it and isn't happy about it?

Nina*

Skimo said:
I would need a de-enabling too...
For this Lenormand Oracle :
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7438317
Anyone here has it and isn't happy about it?
Yes and NO.

Not much help, huh?!

As for the Whimsical it doesn't have to be expensive at all. I've seen it online on both French and German sites at perfectly ''normal'' prices.

But in my opinion it isn't even worth a ''normal'' price. Too cute.

Debra

Lavandula, Skimo, this is really weird. For some reason, late last night I found myself wanting all three of those decks--Whimsical, Illuminated, the etsy Lenormand. I've seen them before and admired them from afar, but last night I WANTED them.

So something is in the air.

Wait a week. Just go on with life and let's all wait a week.

Then let's see if we really want them.

wytchwood

I have weeks like that and now I try to make myself wait a week or two before hitting the trigger. Quite often it turns out to be an emotional slump which passes quite acceptably without buying anything, and had I bought something to indulge myself, the need would have passed by the time it arrives in the post leaving an empty feeling when the package arrives.

Zoe xx

Ange

I need the Fenestra...like NOW.....:)

I need it......:)

Ang x

Gavriela

The idea of a BEIGE Rider-Waite really turns you on?

Odd.

gregory

The Fenestra ? No you don't. That's like saying you need another line of coke- the high goes the minute afterwards (so they tell me lol) Only addicts have that sort of need - and you aren't one of THOSE.

It is wishy washy, soggy..... There are threads here saying so.... It's pretty. But pretty on its own isn't tarot. I don't want to read wallpaper.

It says it
combines elements of Art Deco, Egypt, mythology and Japanese Manga.

Mishmash, we are talking here. Muddy mishmash.

Buy chocolate. :D