A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

Ok, Gregory and MDR, I shall proceed to buy decks, enjoy them for a little while (aren't I depraved?) and then ship them off to either one or the other. Gregory will no doubt end up with doubles and triples.

moderndayruth

Daer BE, you know you can count on me when the going gets tough... :insert trustworthy smiley:
Btw, you don't have to enjoy the new decks for too long - i know it would make you feel even worse, so i am here to help... :angel:

Yuck, a classical example of demagogy, i am disgusted at my own post...
:D

SolSionnach

Mods, it seems to me that this thread is veering SERIOUSLY off-topic. Instead of de-enabling, people are **Enabling**.

Bright Eye, consuming for consuming's sake is what has gotten us into the current global financial meltdown - people buying more than they can afford. Just remember, you can't eat tarot decks (though you could use them to heat the house, for a little while.)

Debra

For me, in the middle of the night, lots of decks look good by the light of the computer screen. By day, I wonder: What was I thinking? So I try to come here first.

The zaftig women in the Mitelli look good to me. It's the thin-thighed ones I don't relate to. I never look twice at vampire decks, or wispy fairies.

BrightEye

Debra likes women with big thighs, MDR has morphed into a demagogue, and BrightEye is responsible for the global economic crisis. Lol. Sorry, which thread was this again?

.traveller.

BrightEye said:
Debra likes women with big thighs, MDR has morphed into a demagogue, and BrightEye is responsible for the global economic crisis. Lol. Sorry, which thread was this again?

Oh god, this had me laughing so hard, tears came to my eyes.

General de-enabling since I don't know who wants what or why.

Just don't buy it. You're bored and looking for a thrill. Buy an espresso instead, you'll spend about the same and thrill will last about the same length of time, but you won't have the let down of ANOTHER DECK THAT DOESN'T WORK cluttering up your life.
If ya gotta have a fix... shop the stash and play with one of those.

(.traveller. walks away still giggling)

moderndayruth

Ok, so there is that Who wants a cheap, wipe-clean, on-the-go Marseilles? thread... Though i beleive it better be renamed to "who doesn't want a cheap, wipe-clean, on-the-go Marseilles? "... :D
Anyway, i have two identical decks now and i really don't feel like parting with one of them... And i used the accompanyng book as an exuse... And the book is... well, it sucks... But the box is really great... But than i really don't have not even a centimeter of free space at home, its all already stuffed in with things i can't live without... (They are many. :D) Awww, what a dilemma.... :rolleyes:
De-enabling, anyone... Please?
Oh, Sravana, thanks for trying to be the voice of reason... It was a good try! :D

swimming in tarot

MDR: Mould. Mildew. Librarian's Lung. Booklice. This is why you need to DIVEST yourself of these extraneous decks, books, and boxes that are breeding grounds for all kinds of microbes. They are a threat to the health of you, your family, your cats, dogs, and budgie birds! (Goldfish may fare well enough.)

moderndayruth

Awww, swimming in tarot, but i do undust and clean regularly... and my cats seem to be in very good health... Its that i have a mild allergy to home dust, but, than, that's exactly the reason i keep my place as sterile as possible! :D

The box is really beautiful, i'll try to post some pictures a bit later! :shhh:

gregory

moderndayruth said:

The box is really beautiful, i'll try to post some pictures a bit later! :shhh:
In the interests of de-enabling - I was in that thread, and MY box certainly is NOT stunning. It isn't even USEFUL. And the book is unbelievably awful.

And BTW the Pirates are pretty bad too. I have gone RIGHT OFF watercolour decks - they look muddy.