A Numerology/Tarot Spread

tarotreader2007

Moderators/Anyone who can think of a better name for this, please do. It's just the most basic thing I could think of.

This spread uses basic numerology. Nothing major but you need to know the numbers and their meaning.

Here is a chart of the numerology basics:

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/num-keywords.html

This site is not mine and the author of the site gets ALL of the credit. I thank the author/site owner very much for displaying such a web page for us all to learn. I deserve NO credit for this page.

First, find out about the clients situation. For instance, if you want to find the foundation or basis for a situation, the number 4 correlates with that.

Once you know the basic issue, you shuffle the cards and lay out 4 cards FACE DOWN.

Choose one and flip it over. Move it beneath the other cards and flip those over. Now, here's where some basic numerology techniques come in:

Add up the numbers of the cards that you didn't select but you layed out. Lets say you have:

3/s, 5/P, and the Lovers. Take their numbers:

3+5+6 (lovers is number six)=14

Now, add the digits: 1+4=5

Let's say you selected the 10/p as your card from the four you layed out. What you do now to find the hidden underlayer of the reading, is to take the number you found by adding the top cards with the suit of the bottom cards.

If you selected a major card, the majors are the suit. The numbers 11 and 22 are powerful numbers in numerology and therefore should not be simplified if you get that number when reducing. For instance, if your three unselected cards were the 10/p, 10/c, and 2/c, then 22 is the number and for our purposes, the World would be the major suit card for this. So, if you picked strength, it dictates the major suit giving you the world.

What this reading tells you is:

The number of cards originally pulled corresponds with the situation. 4-foundation of situation. 3-growth of something.

The card you selected is the main subject of the card with the other unselected cards modifying the situation.

The card you found using numerology, will tell you a hidden aspect that the person in question or situation in question, is going toward.

Some may say, :What about the fool? It's number is 0 and will never reduce. Well, the fool is the start of something and is therefore just as important as the world which is of ending. Here it gets complicated.

If you selected from your 4 original cards a major card, and your numbers come down to the same card, it is the fool that is the underlaying card. So, if I picked the lovers and it reduces to 6, it infact is telling me the fool is the underlying situation in the reading. This is only for majors though.

In any other suit, this strengthens the card even more and dictates that the situation is being upfront and nothing majorly important is being kept from the querent.

Other major things to notice are repeating numbers in the 3 cards you didn't choose. For instance,

Getting all Aces, 7s, 4s, or 10s, reduces to 3 which definition for this leads to success.

Getting all 2s, 5s, and 8s, reduces to 6 which leads to harmony and balance and peace.

Getting all 3s, 6s, or 9s, will reduce to 9 which leads to ending successfully without failure or trickery.

Also, leading numbers such as 3+4+5=3 makes the 3s definition stand out a little more.

4+5+6=6 strengthens the 6 in the line.

If you happen to pull 8 cards in the beginning because it matches with the number 8 better than anything else, 2 cards may be pulled because of several important factors in such an exorbitant reading.

If there are any questions, please post and I will edit. There are a lot of things in this reading and I could have very easily forgotten something big. :)

Thank you very much for those of you who read all the way up to this point too!!

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

rainwolf

I think that's a really interesting way to read, but I was unclear of the beginning where you described how to start the reading. Where you said, flip one over and put it under the other and read....

Could you post a more detailed explanation, but leave your old post so we can compare?

Thanks

RW

tarotreader2007

I found one other thing I forgot too. Out of the ones you add together on the top, if any are a court card, add zero. This isn't a situation you are adding because in this spread, a court card IS a person.

When you draw the cards, simply lay out 4 cards facedown, pick one and turn it face up. (It doesn't really matter to move it underneath. Just an organization tactic.)
Turn the other cards over and add the ones not picked.

I believe you said the rest was clear. Hope that explains it well enough. I used this spread last night with astounding accuracy too.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

AprilFool

tarotreader2007 said:
The number of cards originally pulled corresponds with the situation. 4-foundation of situation. 3-growth of something.

If you happen to pull 8 cards in the beginning because it matches with the number 8 better than anything else, 2 cards may be pulled because of several important factors in such an exorbitant reading.

Interesting spread & reading idea!

I explored the link you provided, but I cannot find the source for card pull numbers other than the two you shared above:
3 - Growth of something
4 - Foundation of Situation

Can you provide the definitiion of the 8-card pull you mentioned above, as well as 5, 6, 7, 9 cards, etc?

Edited to add:
Does this have to do with the KEYWORDS in your link such as the 3 & 4 pasted below:?

3 Positive Traits: Self-expressive in many ways, verbalization, inspiration and keen imagination, artistic gifts, accurate impressions and insights, never-ending optimism, happy and fun-loving, enjoys life fully.
4 Positive Traits: Strong sense of order and values, struggle against limits, steady growth, highly practical, scientific mind, attention to detail, foundation for achievement, a genius for organization, fine management skills.

AprilFool

tarotreader2007 said:
The numbers 11 and 22 are powerful numbers in numerology and therefore should not be simplified if you get that number when reducing. For instance, if your three unselected cards were the 10/p, 10/c, and 2/c, then 22 is the number and for our purposes, the World would be the major suit card for this. So, if you picked strength, it dictates the major suit giving you the world.

What happens if the "Selected Card" is NOT a major card? In that case, there is not an 11 or a 22 of of any of the minor suits to be the "underlying" card, unless you consider the 11 to be the PAGE of any suit. And that does not help the 22.

Also, I presume if you get an "11 Major" as the underlying card, it would be Strength or Justice according to the deck you are reading with.

And finally, the reduced cards will always be 1-9, 11 or 22, right? In that case the Underlying card cannot be a 10, since it would reduce to a 1?

AprilFool

tarotreader2007 said:
If you selected from your 4 original cards a major card, and your numbers come down to the same card, it is the fool that is the underlaying card. So, if I picked the lovers and it reduces to 6, it infact is telling me the fool is the underlying situation in the reading. This is only for majors though.

In any other suit, this strengthens the card even more and dictates that the situation is being upfront and nothing majorly important is being kept from the querent.

I follow your first paragraph above very clearly. Since the UNSELECTED cards determine the NUMBER of the "Underlying Card", and the SELECTED card is the suit, it makes sense that there can be a numerical match between the Major Acana card (usually a roman numeral) and the reduced number of the other three.

I do not understand what you mean by the second paragraph quoted above. What is it that has happened to "strengthen" the underlying card if the selected card (which determines the suit) is NOT a major? What is there to match between them?

Or did you mean something else entirely?

tarotreader2007

AprilFool said:
Interesting spread & reading idea!

I explored the link you provided, but I cannot find the source for card pull numbers other than the two you shared above:
3 - Growth of something
4 - Foundation of Situation

Can you provide the definitiion of the 8-card pull you mentioned above, as well as 5, 6, 7, 9 cards, etc?

Edited to add:
Does this have to do with the KEYWORDS in your link such as the 3 & 4 pasted below:?

3 Positive Traits: Self-expressive in many ways, verbalization, inspiration and keen imagination, artistic gifts, accurate impressions and insights, never-ending optimism, happy and fun-loving, enjoys life fully.
4 Positive Traits: Strong sense of order and values, struggle against limits, steady growth, highly practical, scientific mind, attention to detail, foundation for achievement, a genius for organization, fine management skills.

I don't remember much of the definitions of the numbers but I do know that certain numbers have key characteristics. Like, many readers know an ace is the start of something new. However, 2/1 cards in this reading wouldn't be very helpful. Also, 5 is a number many tarot readers know. This is an unstable conflicting number and could be used when seeing a possible way to end a certain unwanted conflict such a feud between friends. 6 is a number of harmony. 7 is the number of the universe and the human connection to it. 8, probably wouldn't be used much, but it's the number of reaching a status of equality, and safety. 9 is the wrapping up of something and the 10 represents the end itself.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

tarotreader2007

AprilFool said:
What happens if the "Selected Card" is NOT a major card? In that case, there is not an 11 or a 22 of of any of the minor suits to be the "underlying" card, unless you consider the 11 to be the PAGE of any suit. And that does not help the 22.

Also, I presume if you get an "11 Major" as the underlying card, it would be Strength or Justice according to the deck you are reading with.

And finally, the reduced cards will always be 1-9, 11 or 22, right? In that case the Underlying card cannot be a 10, since it would reduce to a 1?

Court cards for this spread will never be the underlying card. The underlying cards are emotions or situations. If a person is presently affecting the situation, they would show up with the other "unselected" cards.

This might lose you but I'll try to explain as best I can. With using at least 3 cards (which should be the minumum) there are about 3 ways in which to reach 10 as a number: 10, 19, and 28. (it keeps going but I'm keeping it simple.)

If it is an ace underlying the cards, it will add up to ten. Then you can reduce it. Otherwise, it's so far from the start of something, that it would be kept as a ten. Think of it this way, if you had a bunch of 10s, 8s, or 9s, does that sound like it would be suggesting the beginning of something? It's most likely going to be headed somewhere first.

The 11 working for the majors is a correct assumption. I associate 11 with justice because this card gives more meaning to this spread than a strength card IMO.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

tarotreader2007

AprilFool said:
I follow your first paragraph above very clearly. Since the UNSELECTED cards determine the NUMBER of the "Underlying Card", and the SELECTED card is the suit, it makes sense that there can be a numerical match between the Major Acana card (usually a roman numeral) and the reduced number of the other three.

I do not understand what you mean by the second paragraph quoted above. What is it that has happened to "strengthen" the underlying card if the selected card (which determines the suit) is NOT a major? What is there to match between them?

Or did you mean something else entirely?

The card selected has reading relevance too aside from just providing the suit. It gives the main forward aspect of the reading. If it was the 3/c and your number reduced to 3, that means that the 3/c is the underlying card and therefore, nothing is being hidden. It is all upfront. It "strengthens" it by telling you there might have been a conspiracy you knew about that affected the situation (conspiracy being a negative meaning for the 3/c).

I hope that helped clarify.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

After we get this straigtened away, I'll rewrite the rules to this reading and have a moderator tidy it up by deleting messages and then we will have an all new fresh thread :D

thank you for all of your help!

AprilFool

You are very welcome, and thanks to you as well for answering me. I'm an analyst by profession, and I never can let well enough alone! :D

I love things like this where there are many layers of meanings. What a marvelous spread, and I will most certainly enjoy using it!

Cleaning up the thread is a great idea as well. I'm so glad these forums are moderated and that can be done to make the thread more useful to everyone.