A Renaissance Tarot: A Guide to the Renaissance Tarot by Brian Williams

sapienza

Hi all. I was just given the Renaissance Tarot by Brian Williams as a Valentines Day gift from my dear husband. I'm a big fan of mythology and symbolism so it's been quite a lovely surprise. I've noticed there is a companion book "A Renaissance Tarot: A Guide to the Renaissance Tarot". It sounds rather interesting!

Just wondering if anyone has, or has read, this book? Is it worth getting? I have "The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination" by Robert Place and this is my absolutely favourite tarot book. It sounds in a similar vein so I am seriously considering getting it.

Would love to hear what people think.

Thanks so much
Sapienza

6 Haunted Days

It's one of the best books out there on Tarot history and symbolism. I actually love this book and am so-so about the deck (those minors, eh).

I highly reccommend it, tons of research, drawings and knowledge. It's a huge book too.

rwcarter

Hi Sapienza,

I have the book, but haven't read it. Thumbing through it, I can see that he goes into quite a bit of depth with the majors. He shows various iterations of each card throughout the centuries. He also associates each of the majors with Gods and Goddesses, giving history that's relevant to the card. He also gives a more in depth explanation of the little mini scene at the bottom of the Minor cards than appears in the LWB.

There are three spreads included in the book - Celtic Cross, Tetraktys and Twelve Houses (which is done as a square).

Don't know if that helps or not,

Rodney