A time-line spread?

Pao

I tried it last night and I KNOW I phrased the question wrong! LOL you were right you have to be very specific, its hard! LOL

Stormwitch

Pao said:
I tried it last night and I KNOW I phrased the question wrong! LOL you were right you have to be very specific, its hard! LOL

Once you work with it and get some practice it becomes a lot easier, but yes, it does make you think!

Star-Willow

Stormwitch said:
This is the way I do it:

Lay out three rows of 13 cards from left to right.

Row 1 = days
Row 2 = weeks
Row 3 = months.

(if you wish to include years add a 4th row. It depends on the question)

Now look where, (if at all) any aces fall in those rows.

The way to phrase the question should also start..

From this day how long until ......??

Just wondering, a friend is wondering if she will have another child with a new relationship that she is in... could I use this by asking the question... From this day forward how long until x has a child with her new partner?
Thank you :)
:heart:

Stormwitch

Star-Willow said:
Just wondering, a friend is wondering if she will have another child with a new relationship that she is in... could I use this by asking the question... From this day forward how long until x has a child with her new partner?
Thank you :)
:heart:

It would be fine:) The use of the phrase 'with her new partner' is good as it cancels out either of them having a child from other relationships that could be counted.

Pao

I got 2 aces in one line lol I figured hm maybe it mean 1-2 weeks. strange.

MysticalMoose

I got 1 in the month pile...but 2 in the days pile on days 6 & 9....should I add them up to 1month & 15 days or assume its 1 month & 9 days??? ...This is interesting!!!! :)

The crowned one

I am following this thread with great interest, I just have nothing to add, except my encouragement to keep posting your results as you refine it!

Well, one comment:

It seems more like a "system" then divination, but that is probably because my ability to divine is so poor at this time it puts it into the realms of a system. ;) :(

Stormwitch

Pao said:
I got 2 aces in one line lol I figured hm maybe it mean 1-2 weeks. strange.

MysticalMoose said:
I got 1 in the month pile...but 2 in the days pile on days 6 & 9....should I add them up to 1month & 15 days or assume its 1 month & 9 days??? ...This is interesting!!!! :)

Naughty people lol !!! I have never had that, nor has anyone else I've showed it to!! However I like the fact that this gives us something else to work with. Technically your spread should have showed 1 month, 2 weeks and 1 day! (referring to Mystical Moose) 2 aces in one line as I said is unusual, however I think you always need to follow your intuition. (Referring to Pao) At the time do you feel you phrased the question properly, shuffled properly etc?? Or do you feel that yes, 1-2 weeks is right? Read below the next quote else I"ll repeat myself:p

The crowned one said:
I am following this thread with great interest, I just have nothing to add, except my encouragement to keep posting your results as you refine it!

Well, one comment:

It seems more like a "system" then divination, but that is probably because my ability to divine is so poor at this time it puts it into the realms of a system. ;) :(

With this spread, while you are looking for time, you can also look at the cards in the rows, and the cards either side of any aces. This certainly can give you indications of other things connected with the issue at had if you or the querent wish to know anything other than a straight up time answer.

I most likely should have explained this Í'm sorry, but I'm one of these horrible people who tends to answer a question very directly and not elaborate when I should (lets blame that Aquarian sun sign lol )

One question - are you all using a 78 card deck??

Pao

Stormwitch said:
One question - are you all using a 78 card deck??

Yes I am using all cards in the deck. I shuffle really well thats never been a problem lol the phrasing of the question maybe. I cant remember what I asked bc I only used it as practice but I got say 1 ace on the second position of weeks and another ace on the 4 position so I though ok it might be 2-4 weeks. I didnt know how else to make sense of it but I didnt even think of looking at the cards next to them. lol god I gota learn how to phrase the question.
the other one I tried I said "from this moment on march 27, 2007, how long until I move out of my parents home" (meaning on my own but cant say that bc I could move in w a roommate, bf, husband, alone etc so I said when ill move out) i got an answer but we shall see. did i phrase it right?? ahhhhh
this is fun anyway lol but i dont know how accurate it will be. :D

red11

Stormwitch,
Great spread! Just wondering, have you ever used it to ask when a "right time" to do something is? I tried it, and I said something like "From this day, how long until it is the right time to do ____." I got one Ace, in the position of a week from now.

Just curious. :)