A vision of the all seeing eye on my Palm?

celticnoodle

meditarot, there are many of us here on AT who feel the need to hide the fact that they read tarot/oracle cards or practice other types of divination. I'm fairly lucky, as I don't really have to hide it from my family. However, I use to work for the Catholic Church...needless to say, I couldn't let my employer know this! Nor my friends from the office there. I was in charge of the Religious Education for the Church, as well as being on many of the committees there and worked with the shut ins from our Church also. I loved my job, but I also love tarot and the other abilities I have and are trying to develop.

You do have to be true to yourself, Meditarot. But, if this also means not sharing it openly with your loved ones, (family and/or friends/co-workers) there is nothing wrong with that.

My mother and other members in her family were all diviners in one way or another and they all refused to read for family members too. Some diviners are like that and this is okay too. You have to know what boundaries to set and these can also change after awhile--or not.

So, welcome to A.T. where you can at least share openly here and also hopefully learn a lot from us too. :)

Oh! and, have a good time with all of it!

Meditarot

meditarot, there are many of us here on AT who feel the need to hide the fact that they read tarot/oracle cards or practice other types of divination. I'm fairly lucky, as I don't really have to hide it from my family. However, I use to work for the Catholic Church...needless to say, I couldn't let my employer know this! Nor my friends from the office there. I was in charge of the Religious Education for the Church, as well as being on many of the committees there and worked with the shut ins from our Church also. I loved my job, but I also love tarot and the other abilities I have and are trying to develop.

You do have to be true to yourself, Meditarot. But, if this also means not sharing it openly with your loved ones, (family and/or friends/co-workers) there is nothing wrong with that.

My mother and other members in her family were all diviners in one way or another and they all refused to read for family members too. Some diviners are like that and this is okay too. You have to know what boundaries to set and these can also change after awhile--or not.

So, welcome to A.T. where you can at least share openly here and also hopefully learn a lot from us too. :)

Oh! and, have a good time with all of it!

Thank you celticnoodle for your kind posting :)

Yes, I will try to listen both my heart and mind when making these decisions. Perhpas one day I'm more ready, or perhaps fate will have it and my mother will stumble upon the deck when visiting me. However, if and when telling about it I know I will not be ashamed. It may sound strange and weird for those who are not familiar with it, but even football sounds silly when you think about it analytically - a bunch of people running around and chasing a ball. But even though I don't watch football that often, I know there's more than what meets the retina.

Thanks for the welcome too. Even though I do have friends and close ones, I do live kind of a hermit's life. This forum however, as well as Tarot, has not only increased my quality of life, but also made things more exciting for me.

- Meditarot