Ace of Cup always represent a new love?

VenusRising

I was wondering since I have been getting the ace of cups regularly, does it mean a whole new love interest or relationship? Or can it mean a re-newed love in an exisiting relationship?

MareSaturni

VenusRising said:
I was wondering since I have been getting the ace of cups regularly, does it mean a whole new love interest or relationship? Or can it mean a re-newed love in an exisiting relationship?

That...would depend on what you ask.

If you are asking about your love life, then yes, it may mean a new love coming. Or that you are brimming with love to give (to the right person).

There's no way to tell exactly what the card is telling you if it's out of context. Depends on the question...the spread..the position...and so on.

The Ace of Cups doesn't always mean new love. It may represent latent emotions. Or the desire to give love to others. Or feeling overwhelmed by emotions. And many other things :)

VenusRising

Marina said:
That...would depend on what you ask.

If you are asking about your love life, then yes, it may mean a new love coming. Or that you are brimming with love to give (to the right person).

There's no way to tell exactly what the card is telling you if it's out of context. Depends on the question...the spread..the position...and so on.

The Ace of Cups doesn't always mean new love. It may represent latent emotions. Or the desire to give love to others. Or feeling overwhelmed by emotions. And many other things :)

Yes, in terms of relationships I meant! For outcome position would it mean a new love?

MareSaturni

VenusRising said:
Yes, in terms of relationships I meant! For outcome position would it mean a new love?

Well, then yes. It could mean new love :)
But you need to see the other cards in the spread, to see if they are showing the path to this outcome too. In any case, something new is coming in terms of emotions and relationships, which is always good!

Thirteen

Potential

VenusRising said:
It means the *potential* for new love. Meaning, it's way too early to go out singing "At last sweet mystery of life, I've found you!", picking flowers and texting all your friends that you're about to meet your soul mate. ;)

The outcome says that love is in the air, and maybe if you stay open to it, then when you run into the right someone, something will start to develop--and you have to be careful, as it might not seem like love right away. It may start off as acquaintance, then friendship, the good friendship...before you realize that this is your new love. Putting it another way, you have a seed in your hand for a new relationship. Will it grow into one? Depends. Will you be planting that seed? In what soil? Will you water and tend it and make sure it gets plenty of sunlight?

All the Ace/Cups says is you've got the seed. Which is better than having nothing, but don't assume that new love is guaranteed, right around the corner, you need only take a stroll. You have a lot to do if you want that seed to grow into a tree and bear fruit--a lot to do if you want that potential for a new love to becomes a new love.

WolfyJames

Also Ace of Cups doesn't necessarily mean romantic love you know, could be love with a book, a car, a pair of shoes or a new deck that you will spot in the near future. That love can be many things from family, friends, potential lover to objects.

VenusRising

Thank you. I know ace of cups can mean many things not necessarily a relationship, love or loving a person. but my question was about love matters...does it *always* mean a new love?
What if someone is already in a relationship, and you want to know about future love matters? A potential new lover and a potential future break-up? Perhaps I am jumping ahead of myself!

Thirteen I agree on the potential of love. Few years ago, before I met my current partner I did a reading on my future love life, Ace of Cups was in the spread. I became involved with my current partner soon after the reading, but at that time of the reading the last thing I wanted was a boyfriend! I knew the opportunity was there and so I took it! Our love sure has grown!
;-).

WalesWoman

It might not mean a new relationship or even a new love interest, but it could be a new injection or resurgence of emotion in a present relationship. It doesn't really say what kind of new emotion, that would depend on other cards and where your relationship is in general

If it's been in the doldrums, a nice fresh Cup of Love just might be the thing it needs to start flowing again.

If the relationship is doing great, then maybe there's going to be more to love or it just gets better and better and you feel like your cup runneth over.

nisaba

VenusRising said:
It can mean fullness of heart - happy or sad. Depth of feeling, happy or sad.

AmethystEyes

A birth maybe. It could just mean the start of a more happy emotionally fulfilling time in your life.