ace of cups as to why someone is feeling so empty???

claira justine

im thinking it can be because they have all this thoughts of potential growth but doesn't know where to start or how to make it grow? any thoughts?

starrystarrynight

I often see this card as signifying the need for self-love...i.e. you can't expect others to love you if you don't love yourself first, nor can you expect others to believe in your abilities or creativity if you don't believe in yourself first. You can't take any "plunge" unless you take that first step. But that first step has to be yours alone--no one else can fill the void or take that first step for you.

...which all sounds rather platitudinous when I read it back to myself, and I don't really mean it that way. I guess I see all the Aces (and this one in particular) as very singular, personal-energy cards.

The Guided Hermit

Hi claira justine,

Typically, the Ace of Cups reflects the Q is open to their emotions and compassion. Love is in the Air type of thing. Emotional energy is present, it may not have direction yet. The person is in a place that triggers feelings.

Was this particular ace a reversed card?

claira justine

hi

i didn't use reversal on this reading, i should have, it makes it so much easier!!

@starry - what you're saying make sense.. now that i think about it, it could just plainly mean blocked potential for love??

@guided hermit - thanks.. not understanding though, im feeling kind of blah at the moment.. can you please elaborate this: "The person is in a place that triggers feelings."

Whitestar

Could it be as simple as they don't have the love they want in their life?

claira justine

hi

Whitestar said:
Could it be as simple as they don't have the love they want in their life?

yes!! that clicked :)

Whitestar

I'm glad!

Whitestar

nisaba

It also depends to a large extent on *which* Ace Cups it is - some of them are full, or even runneth over, others are empty, ornate cups, others are empty, plain cups.

My gut feel right at this moment is something I've not said about this card before: that perhaps the emptiness of the heart and the4 Ace Cups are trying to tell you that you expect *other people* to make you happy, you depend on haing a lover or admiring friends for your self-esteem, rather than being happy with yourself whetehr or not other people are there, and subconsciously you are feeling "empty" because on a deeper level you're starting to realise the shallowness of the kind of self-esteem that depends on the ephemeral praise of others.

I'd suggest you need to start looking for very real personal qualities within yourself, to develop and acknowledge, so that you love yourself whether or not others love you, and the presence of a lover becomes just the icing on an already wonderful cake.

Just my take on that card and that feeling, right at this moment.

claira justine

hi

nisaba said:
It also depends to a large extent on *which* Ace Cups it is - some of them are full, or even runneth over, others are empty, ornate cups, others are empty, plain cups.

My gut feel right at this moment is something I've not said about this card before: that perhaps the emptiness of the heart and the4 Ace Cups are trying to tell you that you expect *other people* to make you happy, you depend on haing a lover or admiring friends for your self-esteem, rather than being happy with yourself whetehr or not other people are there, and subconsciously you are feeling "empty" because on a deeper level you're starting to realise the shallowness of the kind of self-esteem that depends on the ephemeral praise of others.

I'd suggest you need to start looking for very real personal qualities within yourself, to develop and acknowledge, so that you love yourself whether or not others love you, and the presence of a lover becomes just the icing on an already wonderful cake.

Just my take on that card and that feeling, right at this moment.

Yes! i agree with you. kind of similar with what starry stated also.. not loving yourself enough.. or what whitestar said, not having the love they want in their life which could be either self-love, romantic love, etc.. i was stumped at first, because my first thought was "ain't this suppose to be a happy card?" "how could this be a reason for someone's emptiness?" i didnt think it through and just posted right away.. :))

thank you for helping me with this one :)

pasara

Ace of Cups as why someone is feeling empty --

The first thought that comes to me is that the emotions are just gushing out all the time, they are not contained, so the person is emotionally drained.

This could happen because they are in a situation where they are constantly having to be there emotionally for others. An example of this would be a burnt out therapist or healer. Another example might be the child of an alcoholic. This would be the emotionally drained idea.

Another situation this might reflect in this particular position is when a person just has no armor, so they are bombarded with all these emotions to the point that they become completely numb. I wouldn't look at this card this way in general, but if it is for this specific position these are some of the thoughts I would explore.