Ace of Disks + 6 of Swords as Feelings

23monkeys

Hi there,

This is a 6 card reading, which was done without any particular placement.

I am using a Thoth Deck, and during one of my readings, I received an Ace of Disks as a response to whether someone that I had recently broken up with had love (feelings) for me. As I have always thought of the Ace of Disks as a monetary benefits card, I took another one- the 6 of Swords- to clarify what the tarot deck meant. The 6 of Swords have always felt to be a 'Comfort' card even though in the Thoth deck, it appears to be defensive and blocking out all hope.

When I asked whether it would be wise to continue trying to get back the relationship, I received The Devil + The Sun. As with most readings that I have done for relationships, The Devil usually embodied someone who had the selfish inclination to go forth and push forward regardless of circumstances. However, I am not sure if this also applies in my case. And when I asked whether the other party still wants this relationship, I received the 8 of Wands + Knight of Disks. With regards to all these, I have always viewed the aforementioned cards as somewhat positive, which does not seem to be the case in real life now. My interpretation of the 8 of Wands in a relationship have always revolved around the swiftness that the relationship is progressing, and perhaps the negativity that ensued from that quickness. Perhaps in my case, it would mean that the other party's emotions have dispersed swiftly. When combined with the Knight of Disks, it could mean that the emotions have dispersed swiftly and that the other party is sure about their decision.

Would be nice to have a clearer picture of what is going on.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, 23monkeys!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. Aeclectic is a learning forum, and as such we don't allow folks to post cards from readings without interpreting them first before others may chime in to try to help.

All complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in the Your Readings forum. Up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be listed in UTC. You've listed 6 cards, so was the reading you did at least 12 cards? Or was it just 6 cards? If the reading was 7-11 cards, you would need to list and interpret them all and discussion of them would need to occur in Your Readings. Please edit your post to include your own interpretations and also the total number of cards from the reading.

Other posters, please hold off until 23monkeys has done as requested.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

cc: Thirteen, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

23monkeys

Resolved

Welcome to Aeclectic, 23monkeys!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. Aeclectic is a learning forum, and as such we don't allow folks to post cards from readings without interpreting them first before others may chime in to try to help.

All complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in the Your Readings forum. Up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be listed in UTC. You've listed 6 cards, so was the reading you did at least 12 cards? Or was it just 6 cards? If the reading was 7-11 cards, you would need to list and interpret them all and discussion of them would need to occur in Your Readings. Please edit your post to include your own interpretations and also the total number of cards from the reading.

Other posters, please hold off until 23monkeys has done as requested.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

cc: Thirteen, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

I have resolved the issues you mentioned above. :)