How will our first date be.... apparently awful

Frannie

So, I just met a guy from a dating site and we are going on a date on Saturday. He seems very funny and handsome and in sync with me but I got pretty discouraged after a reading I made asking: How will our first date go? (ALL cards reversed and yes I checked my deck and they were mixed)

In no particular positions using RWS and reversals I got:

1) 6 of cups reversed: Seems like meeting him will bring some painful memories of the past, maybe longing one of my healthy and good ex relationships.

2) 6 of Wands reversed: This seems like all the effort in chatting before we met, dolling up for a date will have been for nothing.

3) 3 of wands reversed: It may be that I'll feel a blow to my self esteem, or feeling loss of control and overall an uncomfortable situation.

4) 5 of cups reversed: Maybe kind of similar as the 6 of cups, I'kk feel gloomy and focus on the good relationships I had at one point by comparing to this guy.

5) The Moon reversed: Doesn't look too bright. It seems as maybe it will make me depressed and there is some sort of deceit in him.

6) The Magician reversed: The charlatan card, He sold me this cool persona online but in reality his purposes are selfish self indulgent and nothing like he seemed online.

I'm very sad about this reading, all this reversals just look so negative. I'm having second thoughts about going on the date after the reading.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as it's hard to read for myself, thank you.

obeygravity

If I get a reading and it's all reversals, I usually see it as an attempt at giving advice more than anything.

Six of cups Rx does show an attachment to past connections that haven't been released yet. Because of that, it warns that you can end up kind of being your own worst enemy and unnecessarily deflating yourself (six of wands Rx) because of these blockages (three of wands Rx).

The last half seems like the key to get out of the funk of pessimism. Learn to celebrate and appreciate what you do have instead of thinking about what you don't (five of cups Rx), learn to accept that some things involve risk and you can't predict everything (the moon Rx) but that doesn't mean you can't learn to have fun by not being completely in control. Dating is supposed to be fun and light hearted! Knowledge of what you want out of love is gained through experience, not by manifesting it out of thin air (magician Rx).

Frannie

If I get a reading and it's all reversals, I usually see it as an attempt at giving advice more than anything.

Thank you so much, now that you said that it really makes a lot of sense. It could be advice so to not get into a negative state.

Six of cups Rx does show an attachment to past connections that haven't been released yet. Because of that, it warns that you can end up kind of being your own worst enemy and unnecessarily deflating yourself (six of wands Rx) because of these blockages (three of wands Rx).

I do have a problem of letting go of my past relationships and moving on. You are right, it's not necessarily HIM that sabotages the date but my own unresolved issues.

The last half seems like the key to get out of the funk of pessimism. Learn to celebrate and appreciate what you do have instead of thinking about what you don't (five of cups Rx), learn to accept that some things involve risk and you can't predict everything (the moon Rx) but that doesn't mean you can't learn to have fun by not being completely in control. Dating is supposed to be fun and light hearted! Knowledge of what you want out of love is gained through experience, not by manifesting it out of thin air (magician Rx).

That was a wonderful interpretation, I hadn't seen it like that at all. My inclination had been to blame him but it makes much sense what you say, that I have to let go of attachment to the past and need to be in control. I'm not a risk taking person at all and this is the first time I date someone I met online which scares me a bit, but if I don't run the risk and go for it I could end up missing a possible good time.
Thank you so much for your interpretation, it totally changed my view on the reading to a much more self reflection and positive disposition :)

zhadee

So, I just met a guy from a dating site and we are going on a date on Saturday. He seems very funny and handsome and in sync with me but I got pretty discouraged after a reading I made asking: How will our first date go? (ALL cards reversed and yes I checked my deck and they were mixed)

In no particular positions using RWS and reversals I got:
ahoy matey, to me the entire reading looks like the cards tell you what you should avoid by all means!
1) 6 of cups reversed: Seems like meeting him will bring some painful memories of the past, maybe longing one of my healthy and good ex relationships.
No comparing with any ex. Empty those cups and start all over. You've never met this guy, so you need empty cups that may be filled with new experiences. If you keep these cups willed with memories about lost lovers, there's no room for new impressions.
2) 6 of Wands reversed: This seems like all the effort in chatting before we met, dolling up for a date will have been for nothing.
don't put your light under the bushel, and look at this man without comparing him with any ex. The new man does not need to surpass them all.
3) 3 of wands reversed: It may be that I'll feel a blow to my self esteem, or feeling loss of control and overall an uncomfortable situation.
Why such gloomy thoughts? Meeting with a new man seems to confront you with an unfinished business. Meeting a new man seals the ending of a former relationship. That ship needs to sink first, entirely. And if it's sunken, you may have to stop waiting for it's arrival. You also realise that you are still hoping that one of your lovers returns to you. Liking a new guy could be out of the question as you may still like the old one.
4) 5 of cups reversed: Maybe kind of similar as the 6 of cups, I'kk feel gloomy and focus on the good relationships I had at one point by comparing to this guy.
Again, all cups are empty. There's not even the good memory left. You may perhaps feel rather exhausted from being alone. Tarot gently reminds you that you have to let go of the sad memories, as well as you have to let go of hope for a lover's return.
5) The Moon reversed: Doesn't look too bright. It seems as maybe it will make me depressed and there is some sort of deceit in him.
The Moon is imagination. Reversed, you may block its free movement and inhibit the deliberating force. Reversed, the cancer falls out out the sky. That could be the shadow of your ex, telling you what a git you're dating and what a pathetic person you are.
There you have the pink elephant. He who must not be named. The ex.
6) The Magician reversed: The charlatan card, He sold me this cool persona online but in reality his purposes are selfish self indulgent and nothing like he seemed online.
His cool persona plus your imagination plus your great expectation plus the wish to find a better man.
I'm very sad about this reading, all this reversals just look so negative. I'm having second thoughts about going on the date after the reading.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as it's hard to read for myself, thank you.
It's good to know what you need to avoid.

How about pulling some cards that tell you how to make this date the best date ever? =)

Frannie

So sorry for the late reply. Update on the date, I couldn't make it on saturday so we rescheduled to get a cofee tomorrow afternoon. I'm very excited!

ahoy matey, to me the entire reading looks like the cards tell you what you should avoid by all means!

I think they do! Because what they are advising me to avoid are the exact fears and predisposition I have, they do seem to be directly talking to me.

No comparing with any ex. Empty those cups and start all over. You've never met this guy, so you need empty cups that may be filled with new experiences. If you keep these cups willed with memories about lost lovers, there's no room for new impressions.

Thank you for your advice you are so right on your take. I'll never move on if I don't let my past relationships go. This guy seems really nice and fun and I don't want to conciouslly sabotage anything good that might come out just because of me comparing to past exes.

don't put your light under the bushel, and look at this man without comparing him with any ex. The new man does not need to surpass them all.

Absolutely agreed, he deserves a chance and me having a clean slate to offer, he won't be my ex, but he will have his good things to bring to the table and I'm very excited!

Why such gloomy thoughts? Meeting with a new man seems to confront you with an unfinished business. Meeting a new man seals the ending of a former relationship. That ship needs to sink first, entirely. And if it's sunken, you may have to stop waiting for it's arrival. You also realise that you are still hoping that one of your lovers returns to you. Liking a new guy could be out of the question as you may still like the old one.

This is exactly my situation and I need to change it. I really like how you say that meeting a new man would be helpful to seal the ending of my relationship past. We talk all day on the phone and we get along so so well, I've just felt like a teen infatuated and have not even thought of my ex. The ships are just dead destinations, they have all made their lifes and moved on and now it's time I do it as well :)

Again, all cups are empty. There's not even the good memory left. You may perhaps feel rather exhausted from being alone. Tarot gently reminds you that you have to let go of the sad memories, as well as you have to let go of hope for a lover's return.

On point. I really do feel tired of being alone, I think that is much more the reason than ACTUALLY missing any of my exes. I know they won't come back and I've been working hard to let them go.

The Moon is imagination. Reversed, you may block its free movement and inhibit the deliberating force. Reversed, the cancer falls out out the sky. That could be the shadow of your ex, telling you what a git you're dating and what a pathetic person you are.

That sure sounds like my ex. It's funny because I always say "why won't you just go forever so your memories die". This guy is very different from my ex and I could see (my ex) saying what a looser she's dating and stuff. But what matters is what I think and feel right now and I won't let him be a shadow anymore.

There you have the pink elephant. He who must not be named. The ex.
His cool persona plus your imagination plus your great expectation plus the wish to find a better man. It's good to know what you need to avoid.

I agree with you, I'm much better knowing what to avoid than what the future holds. I'm very grateful for this reading and the feedback I have received that has helped me shift my view on the reading entirely, much more as advice on what to avoid. I can't thank you enough for your help and encouragment :)

How about pulling some cards that tell you how to make this date the best date ever? =) [/FONT]

I'm going to that tomorrow a few hours before the date, it will actually help me a lot! I'm really excited for this date, thank you so much.