Ace of Disks

Julien

ravenest said:
Our spititual mission is fullfilled in our life's work and hence earth and heaven, body and spirit are all the same. Gardening is 'holy', body is 'holy', office work is .... (okay I'm sure it is in the right circumstances for the right people but I just can't bring myself to write it :laugh:

LOL. But there is office work and there is work that is done in offices... Not always the same thing in a lot of ways. ;)

Been thinking about this, though, with regard to the notion of "practice" that floats through yogic and Buddhist traditions. Practice is work, but it's not done in the name of gaining wealth -- rather as a way of navigating the path to Enlightenment. There, too, flesh and spirit are united, and the currency, as you say is knowledge that goes with you.

There is so much going on with this one card. But when I look at it, my overwhelming desire is to just breath and look at it... So much energy, yet so much peace. ;)

Julien

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
This card is an affirmation of life itself, bearing as it does the graphic symbols of the Phallus and the Yoni. Also 666 surmounted by 1. The Beast and Babalon of Atu 11, Lust.
The wings of the spirit frame the card and their number, 6 the number of the Sun, reinforces the identity of the Sun and the Earth as whirling and mobile forms of energy, not dead matter.

I never did get the graphics of this card until I meditated on it a week or two ago. The "pinecones" finally clued me in. :laugh: Now I can see nothing but. :laugh: It's been a joy.

Thank-you, Aeon418.

For everything.

AW

blackbird78

whenever I do readings about my relationship and having future vhildren, the ace of disks always pops up for me. I take it as a sign that I will have a baby boy. It occurs time and time again. Would this be a correct interpretation? I do know that Aces can sometimes signify birth of a child

Grigori

blackbird78 said:
whenever I do readings about my relationship and having future vhildren, the ace of disks always pops up for me. I take it as a sign that I will have a baby boy. It occurs time and time again. Would this be a correct interpretation? I do know that Aces can sometimes signify birth of a child

Could be, sounds good to me :)

terow

Aeon418 said:
Spirit and Flesh - two sides of the same Coin. Ace of Disks. ;)

what a simple and deep explanation :)

Kenshin Gordon

Probably the ascend of the Earth from the lowest to the highest assets of nature, the unification of opposite forces. Just like Aeon 418 mentined, the unification of body and spirit, material and spiritual planes, the natural "wedding" process as seen in Atu IX. Two natures moving in opposite directions of the same path.

Fionn the Mutt

There's another aspect to the 666 thing that keeps on popping into my head that kinda strengthens the prosperity aspect of the Ace of Disks.

We read the number as six hundred and sixty six because of the way that we read numbers, with the placement of the number giving its value just as much as the number itself. In the Hebrew tradition, they use letters as numbers as well. As the letter for 6 in Hebrew is Vau, the six hundred and sixty six becomes vau vau vau. For the Hebrews, this would mean 6+6+6 which equals eighteen, the Hebrew number for life. This seems appropriate for the card that talks about new creations and new life.

Thoughts?

Aeon418

Fionn the Mutt said:
We read the number as six hundred and sixty six because of the way that we read numbers, with the placement of the number giving its value just as much as the number itself. In the Hebrew tradition, they use letters as numbers as well. As the letter for 6 in Hebrew is Vau, the six hundred and sixty six becomes vau vau vau. For the Hebrews, this would mean 6+6+6 which equals eighteen, the Hebrew number for life. This seems appropriate for the card that talks about new creations and new life.
Cheth Yod. ChI - Living - 18.

The 18th path on the Tree of Life is the path of Cheth. In Hebrew ChITh. In Genesis 1:25 this was the spelling used for the word Beast.

"Should one choose to interpret the vertical line above 666 as 1, and add it, the number of the Scarlet Woman, 667, appears." (BoT p.211)

We can do the same with the number 18.

18 + 1 = 19 - ChVH the Hebrew spelling of Eve. (To manifest, shew forth.)

xantra

I pulled this card today and I was so mesmerized! For some reason the wings also remind me of clam shells~opening to reveal something. I also see 2 hearts in the wings at the sides~ partially made up of the "pinecones." I don't want to offend anyone but if you have ever had the oppurtunity to look within a women it looks like a beautiful pink flower~somewhat like the segmented pink shaped in the golden disk. When there is "union" there is energy for creation ~ a child, healing, etc. (radiating outwards). I'm curious about the 2 pentagons in the center? Is 5 the number of man? I'm also curious about the number 10~ the amount of segments in the flower and the number of the 2 pentagons and the 3 in 1 and the strange shape in the pentagons, and, and hahaha
The strange shape is an obtuse heptagram:
"passivity, contentment and attuning with nature and its forces; of healthy rhythms and normal sexuality; of balanced feelings and satisfied desires; of normal receptivity and awareness of the feelings of others". I'm getting too tired to think...

Grigori

xantra said:
I'm curious about the 2 pentagons in the center? Is 5 the number of man? I'm also curious about the number 10~ the amount of segments in the flower and the number of the 2 pentagons and the 3 in 1 and the strange shape in the pentagons, and, and hahaha

Two pentagons, 2 x 5 = 10. 10 is the Sephiroth Malkuth, the bottom earthiest Sephira, suitable for the suit of Earth/Disks.

The 7 pointed star is the Star of Babalon (the great whore) who conjoins with The Beast (her male counterpart, seen conjoining with her on the Trump Lust.

Inside the pentagons you see the mark of the beast. A penis with attached testicles. On the testicles the number 666, the number of the beast. On the penis you see a Sun, and also a Moon (Beast and Babalon conjoined again). Around the outside of the "disk" you see To Mega Therion, meaning the Great Beast.

I've never thought of the Ace of Disks as looking into a vagina before, but it's an entirely appropriate idea I think.