Ace of Swords + Death

GoddessArtemis

I searched the forum for this combination and found one, in reverse. I imagine it's not quite the same meaning:

Death & Ace of Swords

So what would this pairing mean when the Ace of Swords comes before Death? How does that change the meaning?

GA

gorgeousbutterfly

new change of thoughts that will be life transforming?

Metafizzypop

I have a hunch it's something along the lines of an end to an old way of thinking. Possibly a not-too-pleasant end.

balenciaga

I think its "the answer" (Ace sw) that brings the issue to an end (Death). It solves the issue, problem, brings it to a close.

starrystarrynight

If I drew them together in that order for myself, I would tell myself it was time for me to cut to the chase and make the major changes to myself or my life that will be necessary to survive or prosper in the future. No more BSing myself that I can continue the way I'm going...

If I drew them for someone else, I might say that the timing is now right for major (needed) transformation in their life to take place.

:D

GoddessArtemis

I rather agree! After I thought on this some more last night it almost seemed to signify "the beginning" (Ace of Swords) of the "end" (Death). Or initiating a serious letting go process, which is what I'm looking for. Hmmm, interesting cards for sure.

GA

Thirteen

starrystarrynight said:
If I drew them together in that order for myself, I would tell myself it was time for me to cut to the chase and make the major changes to myself or my life that will be necessary to survive or prosper in the future. No more BSing myself that I can continue the way I'm going...
I like this. And I'm in agreement. I'd only add that a new way of thinking, or cutting to the chase, is going to put you into mourning for a little while because it means that you're going to realize you have to lose something you didn't think you were going to lose or didn't want to lose. Maybe a dream or a belief or a cherished way of viewing something, and that may include how you saw yourself. But there's no denying it now. It has to go.

Things will be the better for it, because the death of that way of thinking will make room for new ways to think that will be fresh and better.

GoddessArtemis

Thirteen said:
I'd only add that a new way of thinking, or cutting to the chase, is going to put you into mourning for a little while because it means that you're going to realize you have to lose something you didn't think you were going to lose or didn't want to lose. Maybe a dream or a belief or a cherished way of viewing something, and that may include how you saw yourself. But there's no denying it now. It has to go.

Things will be the better for it, because the death of that way of thinking will make room for new ways to think that will be fresh and better.
I rather agree with this, too. Death or letting go is never easy but when something has already died and you keep tending to/nurturing it, it's a waste of energy. I imagine killing something off with that Ace of Swords will be painful...but necessary; kind of like cutting off that malignant tumor with a scalpel - it'll hurt but it's better for the overall health of a person.

GA

nisaba

I'd be thinking that the only way to stop being stuck in the present circumstances and move forward into a different future would be to focus and concentrate the mind, ie, through the intellect (it might also indicate that the person needs to study to end this era of their life).

velvet

To cut any obstacles in your way so you can have a new transformation.