Ace of Wands and the 7 of Swords for lonliness

tarotdpw

I'm doing the Shadow of May challenge, where you ask yourself a specific question, then choose a card from the bottom of the deck (the 'shadow' card) to answer. The question was: How do I feel about being alone? Why?

The cards I chose were the Ace of Wands and the 7 of Swords. I get that the Ace of Wands shows that I feel creative and energetic when I'm alone. There are no distractions and I focus better by myself. The card I don't understand is the 7 of Swords. Is it that I feel better when I'm alone because people = conflict? I'd appreciate any help on this.

Skysteel

I'm doing the Shadow of May challenge, where you ask yourself a specific question, then choose a card from the bottom of the deck (the 'shadow' card) to answer. The question was: How do I feel about being alone? Why?

The cards I chose were the Ace of Wands and the 7 of Swords. I get that the Ace of Wands shows that I feel creative and energetic when I'm alone. There are no distractions and I focus better by myself. The card I don't understand is the 7 of Swords. Is it that I feel better when I'm alone because people = conflict? I'd appreciate any help on this.

Did you draw both cards from the bottom of the deck? I have seen 7 of Swords given the meaning "being a lone wolf", as in operating most effectively alone, or people = disruptive.

rwcarter

Are these two cards from a larger reading? And are they two cards drawn equally without one clarifying the other?

Alacrael

Further Research...

Hey Tarotdpw,

I was intrigued by the combo you drew, and I think that you're right about the Ace being fairly self-explanatory.

The seven of swords, though. It's a little tricky isn't it?
I would try thinking along the following lines, maybe:

1. Your question has to do with how you feel about being alone, but not necessarily what motivates actions you might take to be/stay alone. Therefore, I wouldn't interpret "people=conflict" in this case because, while this is a perfectly valid interpretation of the card, it speaks more to why you might choose to be alone, and less about how you feel about being alone.

2. Other interpretations/impressions from various sources and my own notes indicate that the Seven of Swords might be seen as a card which speaks to betrayal, trickery, sneakiness, or, and this is the point I find most compelling, a certain hoarding of resources. (I am not saying you are betraying anyone or sneaky or dishonest!!! :) )

3. I would read these cards this way, maybe: Ace--creativity and energy. Seven --keeping of resources to oneself (hoarding). I would say that you might feel, in your lonliness, that you have a lot of creative potential to offer, and that you have some negative feelings about keeping all of those creative thoughts and ideas/resources to yourself. Do you find that you have a desire to share your creative energy/ideas, or are you more content to have them in the privacy and security of your own environment? Either is totally ok, but I think the Seven might speak to a need or a desire to share. Alternatively, if you don't want to be alone, perhaps the seven could indicate that a good way to be less lonely is to share your creativity?

I hope some of that could help. :)

Thoughtful

How do you feel about being alone, why?

Being alone is allowing you to centre on your creative side, and what you need or want to do. New energies need to come in, so being alone gives you time and space to regroup - Ace of wands.

l do not read Seven of Swords as the usual betrayal, sneakiness etc. l would say you perhaps need to put your thoughts towards planning something, make a decision now to advance forward, and know that whatever challenges face you they can be overcome. It speaks of you getting back into the driving seat of your life, it's shaking up your energies and indicating that you can go straight for the goals you set for yourself now.

tarotdpw

Did you draw both cards from the bottom of the deck? I have seen 7 of Swords given the meaning "being a lone wolf", as in operating most effectively alone, or people = disruptive.

Both cards came from the bottom. The Ace first, then the 7 after it.

tarotdpw

Are these two cards from a larger reading? And are they two cards drawn equally without one clarifying the other?

These two cards stand alone. Neither was supposed to clarify the other. The Ace answered 'How do I feel about being alone?" The 7 answered 'Why?'

tarotdpw

3. I would read these cards this way, maybe: Ace--creativity and energy. Seven --keeping of resources to oneself (hoarding). I would say that you might feel, in your lonliness, that you have a lot of creative potential to offer, and that you have some negative feelings about keeping all of those creative thoughts and ideas/resources to yourself. Do you find that you have a desire to share your creative energy/ideas, or are you more content to have them in the privacy and security of your own environment?

You're totallt right. I deeply value my time and abilities and the 7 is reflecting that. As much as I want to shate my ideas, I definitely hoard them out of fear. Fear of being judged, fear of being wrong, fear of being betrayed. This challenge is really allowing me to see myself for who I am. Thank you so much!

tarotdpw

Please close this thread.

I have my answer now. This thread is closed.

tarotdpw

l do not read Seven of Swords as the usual betrayal, sneakiness etc. l would say you perhaps need to put your thoughts towards planning something, make a decision now to advance forward, and know that whatever challenges face you they can be overcome. It speaks of you getting back into the driving seat of your life, it's shaking up your energies and indicating that you can go straight for the goals you set for yourself now.

Thank you! I lost my job recently, so this very much applies to my life.