Added insight wanted - work / colleague related

Eco74

Hi all,

Lately I've been working (from afar) with a colleague who I've had increasing difficulties in getting along with. (Or rather putting up with - and the problem is not only mine, a few of my colleagues feel the same way.)
The problem is, we all have to work with him and he is a key-figure in the whole project.

The short version is that he is so structured and detailed in his own set ways, that everything discussed with him takes a very long time indeed, and if any change is introduced, it is not considered - unless it falls within his familiar framework, and most of the changes we suggest don't.
This is sofar more an annoyance than anything else, but could potentially become something more. After all - if one feels a colleague is no communicating, how much will one be talking to him/her? Which in worst case will alienate us (not him) since he has taken on a role of "coordinator" for all the rest of us (who are spread around a huge geographical area while he is located at the main office-building with all the other contactpersons we have).

To the spread (using the Tarot of Durer):
The background, where is he coming from? - Queen of Swords
- In the Tarot of Durer this card reminds me of Strength. The queen herself covered in a cloak, and her head covered with a hat and hood, only her right leg exposed from the knee down. Behind her lies a lion, seemingly subdued.
Where am I in all this? What is my role? - The Tower
- Two persons standing in front, one falling out the top window and lightning strikes the tower, leaving marks that resemble tree-branches. It looks a bit like a house rather than a tower in this deck though.
How should I handle the situation? - The Devil
- A hermaphroditic figure with the head of a goat, wings like a bat and birdfeet is wielding a huge jawbone while holding on to the head of a ram that seems to be dancing between the devils legs, unafraid.

Any ideas on this would be very welcome since I would love for the situation to not get worse and a deadlock to be created.. The first two cards make some sense to me - Him needing the structure to feel safe in his position and me coming in with some very different ideas that don't follow the structured line.
But the third? The only thing I've gotten from that card is the line "dance with the devil" buzzing in my head. I'm not even sure where I am in that picture..

Fulgour

my oddball opinion

My mind has a way of looking at things from all angles,
even if something is clear as can be right in front of me,
I might keep asking my question sort of like "what if..?"

What if the cards you have drawn are showing you the
point of view of your colleague? How he would answer
the questions? Just turning the tables here, so to speak.

The first card did ask "where is he coming from?" What if...
the Tarot is showing you exactly that, what he might see?

Now he becomes the vane judgemental Queen of Swords,
when he thinks of you he sees The Tower, and the way
he imagines he should handle this, well, speak of The Devil.

Sorry if this is just adding confusion, but I couldn't resist...
please take it all with a grain of salt: my silly two cents ;)

Eco74

Fulguor, not only did you add to the confusion - you also made me laugh.
Well done! :D

Fulgour

Hi Eco,

I've been worried that my "what if" observations might have been
very, very unhelpful... but the best I can offer is my own views.
I don't go into kabbalah with the alphabet, but do see a tangible
connection to the 22 Phoenician letters and the 22 Major Arcana.
The Queen of Swords, very simply enough, I associate with Libra.
Once again, a grain of salt is recommended. Hope this helps...

~Fulgour

The background, where is he coming from? - Queen of Swords
He may be motivated by a desire to find a harmonious balance,
but be misunderstood because it manifests as stuffy inflexibility.

Where am I in all this? What is my role? - The Tower
Vision is the keyword here, and not in a perceptual sense but the
kind of insight that works to create a wellspring of ongoing value.
The 16th letter, Ayin, has the meanings of "vision, fountain, eye."

How should I handle the situation? - The Devil
One of the ironies of Le Tarot is that Le Diable is associated with
the 15th letter, Samekh, meaning "foundation, support, uphold."
This is why we see the winged figure standing upon a firm base.

Eco74

Well, Lucifer did mean to make his own foundation...

I must admit I am still somewhat puzzled, but this has given me some more perspective on the spread.

And as for "unhelpful".. Not at all.
It made me laugh, and I really needed that. :)

MeeWah

Eco74: Queen-Swords for this person's background describes one who is controlling & of a rigid thought pattern. Expresses the self by imposing his will to gain control of his environment & of others.

Being organized & structured of themselves not minuses, but seeking to impose those qualities for the personal agendas may be questionable. Especially if those traits or habits prevent viable interaction in a group &/or do not permit the introduction of anything not encompassed within the parameters he has set out.

Your role as The Tower may be "to teach" him/"enlighten" him regarding the attitude. Although a Queen-Swords tends to be logically oriented, such an individual can be too structured & fail to see or to understand that "my way or the highway" approach alienates & too dismissive of options or the development.

In objecting to his attitude, at the same time also offer a different or altogether opposite view which requires him to address thinking out of the box. In his case, the ivory tower.

With The Devil as advice, the best way to handle the situation is to maintain the sense of humour. Perhaps take a page from Queen-Swords' book & see how he likes being treated in the same way as he has done.