Advice

Nikton

I'd like to learn to read cards more intuitively. Any advice on books/workbooks etc.?

Kathy24

Hi! Mary Greer's books Tarot For Yourself - A Workbook for Personal Transformation and also her 21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card. Both are great books and she gives alot of good advice about developing your intuition. :)

Ambrosia

I would also recommend
~The complete Tarot reader by Teresa c. Michelsen
~Heart of Tarot by Amber K & Azrael Arynn K

The first is a great workbook along the same lines as the recommendation above (Tarot for yourself, which I also highly recommend), and is devoted to reading intuitively, and the second is an intuitive approach to Tarot using the Gestalt technique, whereby the querant themself looks for meanings in the images of the cards, rather than the reader, using their own intuition. If you are reading for yourself, this can easily be adapted for self divination.
The idea is to go purely by the pictures, not learned book meanings etc.
Enjoy. :)

ETA~ I think the best way to learn to read intuitively is to throw all the book meanings away, and just go by what you see and feel from the image. There is no wrong answer really, though of course books do have their place with some great ideas you can utilise, and different methods of looking at the images. eg, what is the main character doing?, what symbol jumps out at you, what is the overall emotion or feeling you get from the card etc.

franniee

Nikton said:
I'd like to learn to read cards more intuitively. Any advice on books/workbooks etc.?

I would sign up for the reading circles here... the intuitive tarot circle and the intuitive oracle circle. I would also read people.... do one card readings and do them intuitively.... no rote meanings - just read and concentrate and see what comes up. You can do it. I personally learn better by doing rather than studying but that is up to you. :)

minrice

That's so true, the intuitive (ISG) groups are so great and I have gotten some really neat and powerful readings from the members. I think it is too late for this month's ISG group, but the signup for December should be coming along in early December (I think).

I second Greer's 21 Ways book, that book was the turning point for me and really, really helped me to go way beyond my basic "book" meanings. It helped me so much in getting to the next level.

214red

i would agree with 21 ways to read a tarot card, but i couldnt get on with 'tarot for yourself'. 78 degrees of wisdom i love, also tarot tips as it answers alot of questions for me about reading

gregory

Yes - join the ISG circle. Get your posts up to 50 quickly - that's the minimum you need !