New York Times tarot article

Intyale

I found that to be a really sweet article. People would be surprised over how many of my clients are business owners. Hopefully this article will help to tear down a few walls when it comes to the ignorence about divination, it's not just for superstitious gypsies anymore!

On a side note, Yikes! $75 to $1,000 per hour?!

Soothsayer

There's good money in it. No amount is too much; your services are worth as much as the client is willing to pay, whether that be $10 or $100,000.

Intyale

I personally believe that Tarot is a reflection of our subconscious. I would feel terrible putting a price that high on such a thing. I'm only clarifying what they already know. A lot of my clients are little old ladies so I just ask for tea and homemade cookies as payment. =)

Just my opinion, though.

minrice

That was interesting Rota, thanks for posting it! I too hope this means that a lot of preconceived notions about the Tarot will begin to fade into myth where they belong. I hope Tarot does go mainstream and come out in the open! I too don't think I could charge $75-1,000/hr for someone who came to me with an open heart seeking answers.

minrice

P.S.
And I think she's using the Universal Waite too! Nerd, lol.

Alta

That is interesting, I enjoyed the slant that even men are starting to take it seriously. 'when all signs fail' and all that....

Tongodiva

Interesting article indeed, but aside from the rise in business I see also the added pressure these spiritual readers are having to endure. Financial advice -for- the experts?!? Ow. That kind of blows my mind! It makes me a little nervous when the bigwigs that make decisions not only for themselves take advice from someone that might have no experience in that field. The scariest part is that (let's face it) not everyone is as gifted as the people that were mentioned in this article and as far as I know there is no real way to 'certify' a spiritual reader until you have experienced it for yourself. I shiver to think that these high factor querents might put their and possibly our money in the hands of someone that isn't qualified or a flat out charlatan :(

This is just my first impression on the topic and I might very well change my mind later on after I reread and digest it a bit more. :) But for now, Off to school! wee...

Chased by the Academia Monsie
-T.