again, the devil.

Lain_82

The devil is after me!!!!!

I mean, this is like the 1000th time I get it in a reading, and it's starting to annoy me.

This time I got in while doing the "Six feet under spread" (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57103) in position 4: "How can I be closer to my loved ones"

Does it mean that I should free myself from what is tying me down? Or that I need some restrain? Maybe I need to be less ignorant or materialistic, but right now I don't see that as something that is keeping me away from my loved ones........

Nuncle

Hi Lain_82

I suppose the answer in part depends on who your loved ones are--family? Romantic partners? Friends?

It could mean to free yourself from certain ideas or preconceptions that trap you into a set of behaviors, perceptions, feelings, or that trap you in a particular, seemingly unchangeable, state of mind. The Devil can indicate a number of different states, positive and negative, from a bond to pleasure to an obsession to pointless dedication. But, working from the RWS tradition, you can also escape, you can make the changes by simply removing the chains--if change is what is needed. I think in a self-reading, the Devil requires absolute honesty to understand, and requires the most difficult of human endeavors--to look into oneself hoestly and dispassionately.

I was reading your signature--"..por eso lleva una herida, por eso busca la muerte." That is the Devil right there, binding oneself to a crushing psychological weight, an obsession, and sense of not being able to resolve one's pain.

Nuncle

Bad_Calvin

I was reading your signature--"..por eso lleva una herida, por eso busca la muerte."
for that reason it takes a wound, for that reason it looks for the death

caridwen

Lain_82 said:
The devil is after me!!!!!

I mean, this is like the 1000th time I get it in a reading, and it's starting to annoy me.

Hi there:)

The Devil can also refer to our obsessions and it sounds as though you need to take a step back from whatever it is you are obsessing over. Sometimes he is holding up his hand saying "Stop."

star-lover

caridwen said:
Hi there:)

The Devil can also refer to our obsessions and it sounds as though you need to take a step back from whatever it is you are obsessing over. Sometimes he is holding up his hand saying "Stop."

i really like that interpretation caridwen, thanks :)
reminds me of saying within any probem is the key as well

Nuncle

Bad_Calvin said:
for that reason it takes a wound, for that reason it looks for the death

A bit more idiomatically, "for this he carries a wound, for this he searches for death." Unresolved loss and and guilt.

Bad_Calvin

I should have put a question mark, but you read my mind. I could not figure it out.. thanks. :)

Lain_82

I really didn't think my signature had anything to do with the devil, but now I see that is very related to it. I'ts part of a song that tells the story of a rider that wanders around waiting for God to take him because the woman he loved died. Somehow obsessions and not being able to move on from pain we never part of the interpretations I gave to the Devil. if anything, I always thought that he was too shallow to care about emotions.

About who my loved ones where.... definitely my family, but there is someone else. I've been.... well, not obssesed, (I mean, I'm not a psychopath or anything) but my relationship with him has affected other parts of my life and the fact that I can't get him out of my head doesn't really help. Besides, is a relationship that has no future at all, but it's not easy to walk away from it.
Wow, now I totally understand the part the devil has been playing in my life...... this was very helpfull, thanks.

Bad_Calvin

and I learned what your quote was !
I guess it is a win win! :)

Lain_82

:) that's right Bad_Calvin!!!!

I would've had some trouble trying to translate it..... :thumbsup: