Albano Waite

Miss Divine

I've been thinking about getting this deck. From the few scans I've seen I like it. The colors just pop.

Who here has it and likes it?
Who here has/had it and doesn't like it any why?

Nina*

It's my favorite RWS deck. The colours ARE great and just speak to me more than other versions.

Cerulean

I like it...the colors remind one of the Morgan Greer...

Paul Foster Case's books on tarot majors that speak of colors seem to also agree with the coloring of the Albano Tarot.

The deck is fun to me, but it always makes me wonder what happened to the graphic artist Frankie Albano who did the art for the deck and produced a tarot poster with for the Hair album of the time (Lovers card) and a few other things noted on this page:

http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/Albano.html

While it may be just a quirky thing, might be fun to choose a deck with a bit of history!

Best

Cerulean

The crowned one

I have the "tarot Productions, inc" version and it is consistently in my top three decks. One of the main reasons is because the colours are "off" compared to most versions and a bit jarring in a soothing way, I am drawn to different aspects of the cards because of the colour: the colours draw you in, rather then distract.

EDIT: "off" being in comparison, and not in my opinion necessarily.

Sulis

I too have an older 'Tarot Productions inc' Albano Waite and it's my favourite version of the RWS decks. The colours used are gorgeous (and they're there because of their meanings) and the backs are amongst my favourite card backs - they're just really classy.
It's a wonderful deck.
If you can get a 'printed in Belgium' copy the varnish is a lovely satin, light varnish - much nicer than the current US Games super-glossy version.
Or better still get a 1968 Tarot Productions inc copy.

gregory

YES - the 1968 copy is the one to go for - if you can find one.

rif

I bought mine in the 90s and I love mine. It's one of my favorites.

Le Fanu

I don't have the 1968 version but I do have a Printed in Belgium one and I did have a Printed in Italy one. A world of difference (got rid of the Italian printing). If you're going to get one off amazon, for example, you're likely to get a Printed in Italy one.

Nice deck but I don't use it as much as other RWS decks. No idea why.

Freddie

I think this is my favourite deck of any I own. I love the colouring as it reminds me of record album jackets from the 60's-70's. I never ever get tired of looking at it. It has a certain attraction for me that I cannot quite put into words.

Enjoy,

Freddie

WyrdRaven

I love the bright colors. This deck brings back so many memories. I don't care for the current U.S. Games glossy version either. An older edition, especially the original, would be my choice.