all the things PENTACLES can represent

BigMommazindahouz

i did a reading a few times for a person who gets mostly pentacles. i assumed they had money or work concerns, maybe even security issues. ie- insecurity.

but getting to know this person better, come to find out they are super secretive about it but practice a lot of black magic kinda stuff. now looking back i remember the devil in their reading as well. so i have a few questions for others.

do you know of other cards that indicate working in magic?

what are different things that you believe (or have seen) pentacles stand for??

do you have any similar stories where youve later come to see a whole new meaning for a particular card?

nisaba

There are many, many, many different strands of magic, from all communities and all religions (even atheist magic). I dare say most Tarot cards can stand for either a style of magic or a given magical working.

The physical body. The "real world", whatever that is. Stability. Substance. Security. Property. Nature. The earth. Seasons. Emotions of different kinds. A selection from the Deadly Sins, if you believe in such. Community. Family. Communications of many kinds. Personal circumstances of various kinds. Endurance. Skills and the willingness to learn. Craftsmanship. Care, concern. Time. Modes of transport, not including boats or planes. Various health issues. Closeness, physical contact. Sensuality. Luxury/poverty. Emotional reliability. Etc etc etc.

Just depends on the cards, the spread and the client, but those are some of the more frequent Pentacles stuff.

do you have any similar stories where youve later come to see a whole new meaning for a particular card?
If you don't, then you're not learning any more. If you're not learning any more, you might as well be dead. I've been using Tarot since the 1970s, and I'm still very much learning. I'm way, way past the stage where I was so cock-sure that I knew everything there was to know. :)

BigMommazindahouz

If you don't, then you're not learning any more. If you're not learning any more, you might as well be dead. I've been using Tarot since the 1970s, and I'm still very much learning. I'm way, way past the stage where I was so cock-sure that I knew everything there was to know. :)[/QUOTE]

i love this perspective. thank you for reply

nisaba

Thank you.

jenessa

The Suit of Pentacles - corresponds elementally to Earth

This is the realm of the physical or material - It is true manifestation into the material plane, and thus the product of ones labors .. ie. that which is what is tangible.

Pentacles can also be seen as something that benchmarks one's progress &/or as the final outcome of our endeavours.

& As such, I can see a link re: the practice of magic .. tho i personally don't dabble. Leastways, aside from the odd ritual that helps me get into the groove when i'm casting the cards!

ravenest

i did a reading a few times for a person who gets mostly pentacles. i assumed they had money or work concerns, maybe even security issues. ie- insecurity.

but getting to know this person better, come to find out they are super secretive about it but practice a lot of black magic kinda stuff. now looking back i remember the devil in their reading as well. so i have a few questions for others.

read up on the Thoth 6 of Swords

http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/small-cards.html

Coins, discs, shields. Money, material world, physical manifestation, the physical body (within that- the muscular skeletal system ; fire wands; nervous system, cups water; circulatory, air swords; respiratory) ..... and, basically, any fourth resulting principle formed from the basic trinitary principles.

do you have any similar stories where you've later come to see a whole new meaning for a particular card?

Lots of them but mostly an extension of meanings ... not throw one out and adopt a new one.