also: does anyone write journal on the computer?

Storm82

Im also looking for a diary kind of program to write in (on the computer, NOT the internet)

anyone know any good one?

I must be able to paste in pictures, it should look good and be fairy easy

(it would be nice with a password protected diary, but this is not at all neccessary, not at all)

Elendil

I use Microsoft Office 'OneNote'
It offers an easy way to journal/take notes and you can paste pictures etc. It's not exactly a diary - but each note page is dated when you first open it (although you can delete or change this if you want). With the program you can move your pages around and sort them into any order you like. It is very flexible and saves whatever you type or add to your pages as you type/add them.

Storm82

I have used onenote, but.... I dont think its a lot like a journal
and i feel it becomes a lot of documents

I would like it to look more like a journal

Carla

You can start a blog and set the privacy settings so that only you can get into it, or those you invite, if you wish. Makes a great journal, because you can add images and index the entries.

Storm82

want to be able to work offline....

Carla

want to be able to work offline....

How about a Dougie Howser style journal? Go old school and just use Word docs. :) If you want something that looks like a journal, well, why not just buy a good old Moleskin and go for it. :)

Serenia

I use a blog software installed on a local webserver. It's a tiny little bit more complicated to set up (compared to the installation of a regular program), but it has the advantage that nobody else can access it and that you can work offline.

SunChariot

Im also looking for a diary kind of program to write in (on the computer, NOT the internet)

anyone know any good one?

I must be able to paste in pictures, it should look good and be fairy easy

(it would be nice with a password protected diary, but this is not at all neccessary, not at all)

I keep EVERYTHING on Evernote. I even write my Blog there before I transfer it in. It's nice to have your stuff saved on a web site just in case your computer goes down. I just couldn't live without mine.

That's evernote.com and yes it does require a password. And you can add in photos too. And links to other sites.

Babs

Alamaris

I use iDailyDiary, and have for years. It's a great offline program, and the free version is very solid.