Amazingly Accurate Relationship Spread

tigerlily

I'm in the mood for spread-spreading lately...

A lot of readings are about the question "what does s/he really think/feel about me?" Well, there's no better spread IMO that this one. It's the only one I ever use and I can assure you that it gives amazing results. I got it from this book: Eleonore Jacobi, "Tarot für Liebe und Partnerschaft".

Left column is for you/the querent, right column for the partner/love interest.

1: How you see yourself (regarding this relationship)
2: How the other person sees him/herself

3: How you see the other person
4: How they see you

5: How you see the relatioship
6: How they see the relationship

7: What you expect from the relationship (hopes or fears)
8: What they expect from the relationship

9: What is really at the heart of the matter

Sample reading:
Recently I did a reading for the mother of an friend. Her son had married and his wife and she had been constantly fighting (this coming from the wife, she said). Finally, after months of very nasty arguments, they had moved to another country and her son had broken off all contact. This had happened ten years ago, but she never truly recovered from it. Now, suddenly, she had received an email from him, giving her an "update on his life" as he put it, with no mentioning of the breakup. She was very unsure what to think of it, or how to react. Her question was "why did he contact me after such a long time? What does he really want?"

1: How she sees herself: King of Swords
sceptical, critical, keeping distance to her emotions on that matter; insisting on fairness in relationships - this was very important to her and a source for the constant fighting with her daughter-in-law.

2: How he sees himself: King of Coins
a selfmade man, financially successful, having built up an existence from scratch - that was most important to him, as she confirmed: that he had always felt the need to prove himself to her, egged on by his wife, although, ironically enough, his mother was a very non-materialistic person.

3: How she sees him: 8 of Swords
entrapped and beguiled by his wife, not able to see clearly. You can tell there is much bitterness present.

4: How he sees her: Strength
A powerful woman, perhaps a bit intimidating to him, even; a "lioness"

5: How she sees the relationship: 5 of Swords
kaput, in one word; destroyed by the fighting, the lies and ten-year silence.

6: How he sees the relationship: 3 of Swords
weeelll... this card is one of unwelcome/shocking revelations. Who knows what he discovered? At any rate, there seems to be genuine regret over the separation, hence the email.

7: What she expects of the relationship: The Moon
she doesn't know what to expect! she is confused, but fears more lies, more deception.

8: What he expects of the relationship: 10 of Cups
Now isn't this a surprise? After ten years without a single word, no christmas greetings or birthday cards... The family card. He clearly hopes to reconcile with his family.

9: The heart of the matter - what is it all about? 9 of Cups
the wish card - he wants his wish fulfilled: reconciliation with his family.

This spread is excellent for any kind of relationship, not only for the romatic variety. I alway had very clear results.
TL

indianstorm

Thumbs up!!!

excellent spread- just tried it oiyt and have to say- wow!!very useful- really got to the core of the matter..

thank you TL..

Stormy

jaled

reversed or not

Guten tag, tigerlilly,

Did you use reversed cards reading for this interesting spread?

Regards aus Mexiko-Stadt!

tigerlily

Nope, no reversals. I hardly ever use them, the deck gets across what it wants to say without them :D

Great that you connect with it!
TL

jaled

Ja, wohl!

Incredibly, my friend, I did a spread related to me and my wife and it was very close to reality. It included Strength, Empress, and some wands and cups cards.

Vielen Danke, maeine Freunde!

stargazer

Thanks for sharing tigerlily, I really like the look of this one.:)

irishpisces

Very, very useful. Thank you!

This guy that I have been spending time with is starting to become someone a bit more prominent in my lifestyle. We've discussed with one another the fact that neither one of us are really ready to "label" what this is yet, and have both briefly expressed that it's primarily because of our current lifestyle situations and past relationship failures.

I am starting to like him more and more and was not really wanting to bring up anything that could potentially make him uncomfortable. I am the type of person to over-analyze at times and I don't want to put that additional stress on him.

Long story short, what I have been internally feeling is happening is EXACTLY what the reading told me was happening and it was a comfort to see. Thanks for this post. :)

afrosaxon

I tried this spread and found it to be rather nifty!

Some of the cards made me laugh, but that's because they were rather appropriate to the position. :D

Good job, Tigerlily! :thumbsup:

T.

leish107

thank you so much! i tried this spread today and was amazed at the results, definately think it's my new favourite.

very much appreciate you sharing it with us!