Another Bibliomancy Thread

Curtis Penfold

I enjoy bibliomancy a lot. (Bibliomancy is a divination process of randomly opening up a book and reading from a random paragraph and applying it to any given problem).

I would like to do a "reading" for anybody who's interested. If interested, just ask me a question and then tell me which of the following books/literature you'd prefer that I try to find the answer from:

1) The Bible or the Book of Mormon. (Yes, I'm a Mormon who loves the Occult).

2) The New York Times.

3) My history of philosophy textbook. (The Great Conversation).

4) Selected Poems by John Berryman.

Any takers?

mahafrins

I enjoy bibliomancy a lot. (Bibliomancy is a divination process of randomly opening up a book and reading from a random paragraph and applying it to any given problem).

I would like to do a "reading" for anybody who's interested. If interested, just ask me a question and then tell me which of the following books/literature you'd prefer that I try to find the answer from:

1) The Bible or the Book of Mormon. (Yes, I'm a Mormon who loves the Occult).

2) The New York Times.

3) My history of philosophy textbook. (The Great Conversation).

4) Selected Poems by John Berryman.

Any takers?

do one for me pls about my love life..

DownUnderNZer

Need a distraction as stuck at doctors...

What will come first...me putting a collection of telltale texts etc on a website...or him trying to patch up our rift?

Deadline is mid Feb.

New York Times.

Thanks! :)

Curtis Penfold

Need a distraction as stuck at doctors...

What will come first...me putting a collection of telltale texts etc on a website...or him trying to patch up our rift?

Deadline is mid Feb.

New York Times.

Thanks! :)

Alright, I opened up the NYT from Wednesday to a story on page A6 called "Censorship in China Pits Liberals Against Communists." The paragraph I read said the following:

"One defender of the Southern Weekend Journalists was Liang Taiping, 28, a poet who wore a mask popularized by the Hollywood movie and British comic book "V for Vendetta." Mr Liang said he had bought the mask after watching the movie recently on state-run China Central Television, which had surprised many Chinese with its willingness to show the film uncut, since the film advocates the overthrow of a one-party dictatorship."

Hmmm...interesting article to relate to one's love life. It seems you may be trying to censor some of your feelings for this person you're talking about. Perhaps you should try China's approach with V for Vandetta (a movie that perhaps symbolizing your feelings at this time) and simply allow your feelings to "play." Express them. Don't censor them.

Curtis Penfold

I'd like to know whether me n ZD have chances of a marriage?

I'm going to use the Bible on this one. I opened it to Proverbs 20 and read verses 5 and 6:

"Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness; but a faithful man who can find?"

When I think of counsel, I think of wise decisions. So wise decisions in your heart are like deep water that if you want to understand, you will need to draw from your heart.

Now the question is whether ZD is a man who proclaims his own goodness (is stuck up or unconcerned about your welfare), or if he's a faithful man (is loyal to you and your feelings). If he's a faithful man, you should get married. But if it's clear that he is not faithful, you might need to find somebody else.

mahafrins

I'm going to use the Bible on this one. I opened it to Proverbs 20 and read verses 5 and 6:

"Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness; but a faithful man who can find?"

When I think of counsel, I think of wise decisions. So wise decisions in your heart are like deep water that if you want to understand, you will need to draw from your heart.

Now the question is whether ZD is a man who proclaims his own goodness (is stuck up or unconcerned about your welfare), or if he's a faithful man (is loyal to you and your feelings). If he's a faithful man, you should get married. But if it's clear that he is not faithful, you might need to find somebody else.

No idea he is some1 i like not sure if i am faithful infact. SO far we are not even involved but we are friends!!

DownUnderNZer

Alright, I opened up the NYT from Wednesday to a story on page A6 called "Censorship in China Pits Liberals Against Communists." The paragraph I read said the following:

"One defender of the Southern Weekend Journalists was Liang Taiping, 28, a poet who wore a mask popularized by the Hollywood movie and British comic book "V for Vendetta." Mr Liang said he had bought the mask after watching the movie recently on state-run China Central Television, which had surprised many Chinese with its willingness to show the film uncut, since the film advocates the overthrow of a one-party dictatorship."

Hmmm...interesting article to relate to one's love life. It seems you may be trying to censor some of your feelings for this person you're talking about. Perhaps you should try China's approach with V for Vandetta (a movie that perhaps symbolizing your feelings at this time) and simply allow your feelings to "play." Express them. Don't censor them.

Getting the context of the newspaper clipping in a more narrow form like a summary....

So, in China, they usually censor particular movies yet for some reason showed an uncut version of "V" which is not a new movie and not usual for their "censorship" regulations at all.

My question was along the lines of: Should I show all like a tell tale thing or wait it out...?

Im kind of thinking the ANSWER here would be to not hold back at all and show all rather than wait it out like how they allowed an uncut version of the movie to be shown...in all its true glory.

What do you think?

Somewhere

Hi, I wouldl love to sit. What should I know about my career in 2013?-My history of philosophy textbook. (The Great Conversation).