Another dream...

PisceanRedhead

Had an odd one this morning but it seemed full of potential symbolism so I thought I'd see what everyone's take on it was...

I sense that there's someone with me, but I can't tell who it is... it seems like a female presence, but I never see her or hear her voice during the dream.

At first I'm looking at a house that is in the process of being completed and it's got concrete walls with blonde wood pilars as its support and the concrete looks very sloppily applied. I'm telling the person that I don't like this, then we're standing in front of another house (which feels like it's one I own) and I'm explaining how the way it's made will make my house last longer than the one we were just looking at. My house is a two, possibly three story wooden house that is covered with deep cherry wood planks. It has a broad front porch and many windows. Next to it is a detatched garage made from beige cinderblocks. The garage has three doors and the middle one is up, and the black car that belongs to someone I care deeply for is parked there. I look up and the sky is slightly overcast but still sunny (if that makes sense) and there are tall trees all around the clearing where my house stands. I get the feeling like I get when I'm in Lake Tahoe or near the coast... with that cool breeze that's just the right temperature and the clean smell of water in the air.

In the same dream (in that same clearing) I'm in an old school green canvas tent that has the two flaps and a stick in the front (the flaps are open) and I'm getting up (with the intent to start my day) but I see a spider drop down on her web in front of the opening, so I stop short to see what she'll do. She then drops down and starts coming towards me very quickly (which gives me the creeps) and starts crawling up my legs and on my arms and whatnot. I'm trying desperately to brush the spider away... I don't want to smash it... just get it off of me.

And then I wake up...

I've looked at a couple of dream resources, but I can't seem to put this one together in a way that makes sense. Ideas anyone??

Thanks,
PR

PisceanRedhead

Been giving this a little more consideration and here's what I've come up with...

While I still have no idea what the concrete house or the tent means, I'm wondering about :

The wooden house : Built of dark red wood with a broad porch and many windows... three stories high. Could represent me as I'm deeply emotional (dark red) and sometimes prone to having an easily sparked temper (house built of wood would burn easily). I try my best to be welcoming to people, into my home, but in general as well (wide porch) and I've been working on opening up my spiritual side more and more (many windows/three stories).

The garage : Built of beige cinderblocks with three doors... middle door up with the black car parked inside. I'm thinking it could represent my S/O. Although together, he is still very much an individual (detatched yet by my side). He is usually very level headed and dependable (cinderblocks), and has trouble openly showing his emotions (beige exterior). The fact that his car appears in the one open doorway also leads me to believe this building could represent him as well.

The spider : Said to represent female energy... blocking my exit from the tent and crawling all over me. Could it be that a female I see as somewhat of a blockage in my present situation can sense that I'm intimidated by her and subsequently uses that to try and push me away from what I really want?? In the dream, the spider does not bite me... just kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies... is someone acting as a passive blockage that would give easily if I approached with determination (brushing the spider to the side)?

As for the location... I wonder if perhaps it's merely because I'm drawn to coastal and lake-type settings... I don't know.

Just some thoughts... I could be totally off though... :)

PisceanRedhead

any ideas?? I'm wondering if it was just an everyday average dream... or if it was a kind of gateway dream... getting back into dreaming after about a week or so of no dreams whatsoever (that I can recall at least).

Not sure... but I'll add it to my journal just in case. :)