strange dream...

unicorngirl

Any ideas what sort of symbolism is attributed to being decapitated and cutting off body parts in a dream? I dreamt last night I had cut my head off and a hand and placed them somewhere on a shelf and was in a panick because Ihad changed my mind and wanted them stitched back on! Also was visiting a friend and also doing some free diving for strange objects in water that was not quite the sea and not quite a swimming pool! Any ideas folks!?

Unicorngirlxx

p.s. no I didn't eat any cheese before bed!

Indigo Rose

unicorngirl said:
Any ideas what sort of symbolism is attributed to being decapitated and cutting off body parts in a dream? I dreamt last night I had cut my head off and a hand and placed them somewhere on a shelf and was in a panick because Ihad changed my mind and wanted them stitched back on! Also was visiting a friend and also doing some free diving for strange objects in water that was not quite the sea and not quite a swimming pool! Any ideas folks!?

Unicorngirlxx

You cut your head and hand off...and placed them somewhere on a shelf..

It sounds like you put your own ability to think and your ability to have a hand in something out of reach. However, you realize that is a mistake and want both your own head and hand back....or your ability to think and act for yourself.

Were you diving for your friend? To help them find the objects? Were you doing this for free?

Have you been doing Tarot readings for a friend about things and perhaps feeling like they are using you?

willowfox

It suggests that you think before you act then you will not have cause for regret later on.

EmpressRenee

unicorngirl said:

Unicorngirlxx

Cutting your head and hand off : this is an important dream for you. Obviously you have released your ability to think things through for yourself and relgated this (the thinking and the subsequent doing) to someone else or something else. However, a part of you does not want to relinquish control and wants to retain the ability to think and do but also alarmed at perhaps not being able to do so : hence the panick when you wanted to sew the parts back on.

Diving into the water for objects for someone else : the emotions are being tested - your troubles are deep seated emotional ones.

Empress

huredriel

Hi unicorngirl, some thoughts :)

unicorngirl said:
Any ideas what sort of symbolism is attributed to being decapitated and cutting off body parts in a dream? I dreamt last night I had cut my head off and a hand and placed them somewhere on a shelf and was in a panick because Ihad changed my mind and wanted them stitched back on!
By decapitating you are letting go of the mind ...... and the hand makes me think of actions ......... what are you dealing with IRL that you wish you could just either *go for it* or deal with in an intutive/automatic manner? Placing them on a shelf indicates they are not out of reach ...... but the panic and change of mind indicates a fear of loss of control ........ so you strive to go back to your former position? Do you remember which hand it was, left or right?

From google (I love google LOL):
Decapitation
This dream suggests that the dreamer is losing control. In a decapitation there is a dramatic and violent separation of the head from the body. Under normal circumstances the mind controls and directs the body. This dream suggests that the dreamer may be under the control of his bodily drives and may be separated from rational thoughts and feelings. Disassociation may be occurring in regard to some behavior or issue in life. However, this dream may have other meanings. This includes excessive concern about punishment and indicates that there may be severe pressure and anxiety in the dreamer's life.

Also was visiting a friend and also doing some free diving for strange objects in water that was not quite the sea and not quite a swimming pool!
I found this on google:

Diving
To dream that you are diving into clear water, signifies an end to an embarrassing situation. Although you may experience some temporary setbacks, things will surely look up. Additionally, this dream may mean that you are trying to get to the bottom of a current situation and the root of your problems or feelings. It may also refer exploration of your unconscious.

A swimming pool is man made, the sea ....... nature .......... so here you're in-between ........ feels to me that whatever you're looking in (or need to look into) has partly been brought about by circumstance/fate/external events and partly through your own actions. Can you remember what the actual objects were, you were trying to get hold of? Free diving I believe involves going down into the *depths* as it were ....... so I would ask, are you consciously trying to delve into areas of the subconscious or repetitive cycles (kinda thing) ....... the fact that you are having to go deep indicates that this is a deep-rooted matter(s).

The use of the word *free* in diving strikes as important ........ and I feel ties in with the decapitation at the beginning. So an inner need is trying to escape that you need to let go of the ego/mind control ........ and react or deal with something in a spontaneous feeling way ....... let the heart govern and take you forwards.

Hope this is of some use, afraid I'm not very well so this may sound a bit garbled. Let me know if I haven't explained my thoughts properly :)

x Huredriel

PisceanRedhead

Do you have a situation in your life where you have to be responsible for other people and are wishing you didn't have to do quite so much so you could alleviate yourself of worries arising from this person/situation?

Perhaps I'm way off base, but I could see a dream like the one you've had as a subconscious desire to relieve yourself of responsibility/worry (severed head) and having to assist someone else (severed hand) so you could feel free from it all for a little while (placing the parts on the shelf where you can retrieve them easily). Perhaps the panic was the worry coming back that if you weren't there to take care of the person/situation it could inevitably get even more difficult than it may currently be... hence your urgent need to reattach everything...?

Like I said... I could be off base, but I thought I'd give it a shot. :)

unicorngirl

Thank you...

Thanks for all your input, most of which makes sense on one level or another...I have a lot going on at the moment, having recently lost my brother and having to deal with arrangements, and trying to help out his family even though they are very different from mine and seem to have few boundaries...least said! Also I am considering contacting someone whom I fell out with badly...lots of other random things as well...I do seem to have very intense dreams, always have. I think it would be something that is worth looking into more deeply as perhaps it is my door into bringing any gifts I have to the fore. Any thoughts?

unicorngirlx