Another Faerie Newbie

Namaste

As I mentioned over at "I just got the Faeries' Oracle", I am a new to this world as I can be.

Many of you welcomed me, advised me, told me some of what I am in for, and shared your experiences.

I just read all the posts under Dan's thread: Faerie Newbie, and, now, it's my turn to ask what advice would you give a newbie who ended up with The Friends as her favourite card, (which could just as well have been Sol) and The Soul Shrinker as her least favourite?

I cannot sing, but I will try to dance, although I am a little reserved, dwell often in silence, which I love, and find myself wandering the byways of my inner world nearly as often as those of the outer world.

Will they still love me, the faeries, even if I am not gregarious? :)

sagitarian

Namaste said:

I just read all the posts under Dan's thread: Faerie Newbie, and, now, it's my turn to ask what advice would you give a newbie who ended up with The Friends as her favourite card, (which could just as well have been Sol) and The Soul Shrinker as her least favourite?

I cannot sing, but I will try to dance, although I am a little reserved, dwell often in silence, which I love, and find myself wandering the byways of my inner world nearly as often as those of the outer world.

Will they still love me, the faeries, even if I am not gregarious? :)

i believe your picks told you the answer to your questions. There are more ways to make a friend then what most people realize, and faeries are the last types of people to be judgemental on anyone. Friendships with the fae are pretty easy to engage in, where as most people would find fault, the fae find interesting. You've already started a friendship with them. Solus speaks a lot about bridges, how to make them, how to go over them, what things to look out for, but he also talks a lot through the heart chakra. I believe him to be telling you that "yes you are very internal but that's what makes your heart shine so much to us" and they will work on helping you make that bridge from your heart to them, in order to travel in friendship more easily. Soul Shrinker is there to show you that there is nothing to fear, and to protect what you've built, and he will be your confidant (if you let him) when times are rough. He may not be very pretty (poor faery) but he's got a big heart (like you). What's in store for you? Creating bridges in places that you may have given up on, finding the courage and strength inside yourself to overlook what you find to be wrong with yourself, and you will achieve these things with the help of solus guiding you, showing you exactly how to build such delicate bridges.

Namaste

Re: Re: Another Faerie Newbie

sagitarian said:
You've already started a friendship with them. Solus speaks a lot about bridges, how to make them, how to go over them, what things to look out for, but he also talks a lot through the heart chakra. I believe him to be telling you that "yes you are very internal but that's what makes your heart shine so much to us" and they will work on helping you make that bridge from your heart to them, in order to travel in friendship more easily. Soul Shrinker is there to show you that there is nothing to fear, and to protect what you've built, and he will be your confidant (if you let him) when times are rough. He may not be very pretty (poor faery) but he's got a big heart (like you). What's in store for you? Creating bridges in places that you may have given up on, finding the courage and strength inside yourself to overlook what you find to be wrong with yourself, and you will achieve these things with the help of solus guiding you, showing you exactly how to build such delicate bridges.

I thank, thank, thank you, sagitarian, for your painstaking, kind, and insightful answer to my questions.

I am happy that Soul Shrinker can have such an enlightening and special place in my life, (poor faery, as you say). My first lesson from him is to continue as I try to do: to never assume anything about anyone from external appearance, including himself.

I confess that when I chose him as the one I least liked, and began doing the exercises, I could think of nothing positive to say about him. I was wrong. Jessica's words showed me the error of my ways towards Soul Shrinker, much in the same way as you have. I thank you for that. I will treasure him like I will all the others.

Thank you for your equally kind words about my heart. I do try, on my spiritual quest, to seek the Sufi Beloved through the heart quality. I try to let it guide me in my occupation in RL. :)

I have discovered, in my short time at AT, that loving hearts abound here, and I rejoice to find myself in such pleasant company.

Having read the "definition" for Friends, I couldn't help laughing. I just had to have chosen (or been chosen) by the independently minded and quite interesting Fairy Nuff. :laugh:
(I hope he won't take offense at having been called the little hedgehog... :p)

If I may share my experience of yesterday evening with you all, since it is the first time I asked the faeries what I should know as I begin my journey with them, and who would come to answer me.

Well..., the cards just flew out of my hands. I was expecting one, alone, to answer, but first came

The Maiden, then

The Faun

Solus followed (but I didn't look him up in the book, since I still want to address him as the other of my 'favourite' choices).

Oengus Journeyman was the next.

Last, but not least, came Geeeeeooo.

I think I am not wrong in imagining that the beginning is auspicious; that I am supported as I step into this otherworld, the rules and magic of which I must respect and can trust; that although I am unskilled, I may venture into their world along the bridge they are leading me along; that I must be quick-witted, remain open and understand that the learning will require patience and take whatever time it will take.

Thank you, dear ones.

I think there is much I am missing in their answer, inept as I still am, so I would welcome what you (and all those here) have to say; you who understand our faery companions so much better, if it isn't too much of an imposition. :)

Namaste

It has suddenly registered that you and Alissa are sisters.

I admit it came as no surprise. :) You are both filled with insight and lyricism!

sagitarian

Namaste,

awww...your welcome! Glad to be of help! I believe you to be more in touch with the fae then what you think you are! ;)! Continue on with your journey fellow fae friend, and share with us all that you are willing to share about your very faery journey! As i stated before, we're a captive audience! :D

Yup, Alissa and i are sisters! love her dearly, (thinks of the song i love you, you love me, we're a happy family)...lol! Grr, growling at the prankster who put the song in my head!

Alissa

Re: Re: Re: Another Faerie Newbie

Namaste said:
The Maiden, then

The Faun

Solus followed (but I didn't look him up in the book, since I still want to address him as the other of my 'favourite' choices).

Oengus Journeyman was the next.

Last, but not least, came Geeeeeooo.
To me, the Maiden greets you. One of the most innocent and pure of Spirit, she comes to show you that you have nothing to fear in the Fae company.

The Faun, traditionally to me, speaks of times of great creativity. You may be wearing "antlers" right now - feel psychic horns of energy channeling inspired thought.

Solus shows the value of far sight... looking ahead, not just right before you. He opens the heart chakra and, for me, deals with matters of the astral realm.

Journeyman I think of as the Faerie's Fool. You may find yourself feeling you've just set out on the journey, feeling a bit naive, uncertain really where you're going, but you know you're going somewhere.

Geeeeooooo reminds us to take it sllllooooowwwww. Aint nothing wrong with takin all the time it takes for sap to warm before it's ready to drip. Things move when it's time. Geeeooo reminds us how to slow down, change our perspective of how we view time.

Hope these ideas help too.

(Alissa points at ----> sag and nodsnodsnods)

Namaste

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Faerie Newbie

Alissa said:

Hope these ideas help too.

(Alissa points at ----> sag and nodsnodsnods)

My..., do they ever! I absolutely love your insights! You and your sister seem to have such experience with the fey, not to speak of your atunement with them. :)

As to sag saying that she believes I am more in touch with the fae then what I think I am, and you nodding agreement, I am positively thrilled!

I love to share my fledgling experiences with you all, but they are clumsy attempts compared to what I learn from you both as I read your contributions.

What is your favourite daily spread for talking with the faeries (more than one card)? You know, what can I expect, what will appear unbidden, etc. I usually have a predilection for 3 card spreads, but without a 'past' card.

Alissa

I like to pull daily cards, and if I forget in the morning, I will sometimes pull one at night, before bed, as a Dream Faery instead.

When I read with these cards, I almost always use 3 card spreads - situation/advice/outcome, P/P/F, or sometimes no assigned positions, just 3 cards regarding the issue I'm focusing on.

I wouldn't recommend big spreads right away, unless you just can't help yourself!

sagitarian

I agree with Alissa on that one, take it slow, and just do one daily card a day, it's a good way to take your time, taking it slow (as geo suggests) and get to know them individually. If you absolutely must do more then one card in a reading, the i advise to just stick to the three card reading.

The way i do three card readings is...

1. the issue (a different perspective on the situation)
2. me (how am i acting, or better yet, which faery am i acting like in contributing to the +/- situation at hand)
3. Advice (or which faery would best help me in this situation)

i really don't like future cards, so i try to stray away from them as much as possible in readings. If i can "see" a future with my clairovyance, then that's totally different, i will tell the person this information.

such a sweet sweet soul you are namaste, take care of yourself, and take the journey slow, we like to hear the stories of the fae, we don't care about experience. i love to learn from everyone, and i believe everyone at this forum has taught me something or another. hugs you tightly!

Namaste

Alissa said:
I like to pull daily cards, and if I forget in the morning, I will sometimes pull one at night, before bed, as a Dream Faery instead.

When I read with these cards, I almost always use 3 card spreads - situation/advice/outcome, P/P/F, or sometimes no assigned positions, just 3 cards regarding the issue I'm focusing on.

I wouldn't recommend big spreads right away, unless you just can't help yourself!

Such wonderful advice! :) Thanks so much.

I tried one card yesterday before going home (to see who would come with advice about my evening). The Bodacious Bodach showed up.

Then I tried another before I went to bed: Ekstasis,

and then this morning. The Green Woman has been accompanying me, and my students have been very creative today. :)

I love the idea of the situation/advice/outcome spread, or the unassigned positions.

Blessings to you, Alissa!