Another feelings & relationship spread! 8 of swords...feeling trapped?

empresslove

Yesterday I did a spread for a girlfriend about a man she is seeing. She asked two questions and I pulled three cards for each question.

Please note the base card for the entire reading was the King of Cups RX. Something I kept in mind when trying to interpret the reading.

Question 1:

How does he feel about her?

Five of Pents RX: He feels that she has the power to take him out of his miserable life.

Temperance RX: Could imply that he feels out of balance.

Sun RX: Now the sun is still positive even in the reversed position. Perhaps to a lesser degree. I think he has good feelings for her but those feelings have been blocked by other things going on in his life.

Question 2:
What is the outcome of their relationship?

3 of Pents RX: Things are out of balance, and they are inexperienced at relationships in general, there's a lack of cooperation of sorts.

Death RX (and clarified with the Knight of Cups RX)
I think that the relationship will fizzle out but someone will resist the change or accept the facts. And the Knight of Cups RX also pointed to someone's feelings changing and/or fizzling out at some point.

8 of Swords Up, I see this as the relationship being restrictive but continuing b/c someone or both of them feel trapped.

I am having issues with the 8 of Swords as the outcome of the relationship. Any feedback would be most helpful?

Rachx

Another feelings & relationship spread! 8 of swords...feeling trapped?

Wow all of those reversals empresslove! It seems to me that this relationship might not even get off the ground- but that might well be a good thing. I'm going with RWS as your deck.

I think your read of 5Prx is good he does look at her as a rescuer. Temperance Rx shows he is way out of balance as you say - and I'm going to say that I think he might be substance user like an alcoholic maybe. Which is also shown by your base card - king of cups Rx. Temperance is about balancing that - perhaps he is doing too much drinking and he sees your friend as helping him with this. Sun Rx - to me- means that the joy is being stripped out of his life and he is not as happy as he could be. So overall I think he sees your friend as a rescuer at best or an enabler at worst.

Outcome wise - your second question

3 pents Rx Poor relationships and not working collaboratively, which speaks for itself. Death Rx (kncrx) this shows that it won't be helpful or as "transformative" as perhaps both parties may initially think. - I think it does just fizzle out and probably doesn't really get going at all. The horse on death isn't really going when it's reversed if you know what I mean.

8 swords it's the only upright in an all reversal draw. So it's screaming at me that "it's a trap"

I am sorry if it's not good news and it is only my take but I honestly feel it's not a good thing and your friend should stay away. Even if she does get involved then it is likely it won't last xxx

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Empresslove,

Before anyone else replies, could you please add your thoughts on the King of Cups reversed as the base card?
Since you've included it in the reading, you need to interpret it here.

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator

empresslove

Hi Sulis,

I am so sorry! Totally missed the King Of Cups RX!!!! The kiddo kept interrupting as I was writing out my interpretations on the rest of spread! Lol

Well the KoC-RX as the overall energy of the reading implies that He (the male) is the King of Cups in the reversed, and that he's going through an emotional unstable experience/period in general. I also believe it's indicative of emotionals struggles/battles that he's dealing with that could potentially lead to over drinking...

Hi Empresslove,

Before anyone else replies, could you please add your thoughts on the King of Cups reversed as the base card?
Since you've included it in the reading, you need to interpret it here.

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator

empresslove

Rachx, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

A little more background on the couple. I know both of them. The male friend I’ve known much longer than the female. She and I began a friendship fairly recently and we did a reading for her. She has been dating and in a living situation with this guy for a couple/few months.

1st Question:
She told me on Saturday that she wouldn’t date him if he didn’t shape up and stop drinking. (Which coincides with your interpretation on the 5 of Pents RX and Temperance RX). Where he sees her as his savior b/c she encouraged him to stop drinking.

2nd Question:
I find it interesting how you interpreted the Death RX card, b/c I would have said that it’s the refusal to transform or let go or accept the end, whereas your interpretation makes more sense to me, that the relationship itself is not a transformative one. Plus to add to your thought on the Horse, both death and knight of cups are on horses, and since both came out reserved, both horses aren’t going anywhere, which could indeed imply that the relationship doesn’t succeed/move forward.

On the 8 of Swords Upright, I wonder what is the trap???

Wow all of those reversals empresslove! It seems to me that this relationship might not even get off the ground- but that might well be a good thing. I'm going with RWS as your deck.

I think your read of 5Prx is good he does look at her as a rescuer. Temperance Rx shows he is way out of balance as you say - and I'm going to say that I think he might be substance user like an alcoholic maybe. Which is also shown by your base card - king of cups Rx. Temperance is about balancing that - perhaps he is doing too much drinking and he sees your friend as helping him with this. Sun Rx - to me- means that the joy is being stripped out of his life and he is not as happy as he could be. So overall I think he sees your friend as a rescuer at best or an enabler at worst.

Outcome wise - your second question

3 pents Rx Poor relationships and not working collaboratively, which speaks for itself. Death Rx (kncrx) this shows that it won't be helpful or as "transformative" as perhaps both parties may initially think. - I think it does just fizzle out and probably doesn't really get going at all. The horse on death isn't really going when it's reversed if you know what I mean.

8 swords it's the only upright in an all reversal draw. So it's screaming at me that "it's a trap"

I am sorry if it's not good news and it is only my take but I honestly feel it's not a good thing and your friend should stay away. Even if she does get involved then it is likely it won't last xxx

Rachx

Yes I wonder if the trap is him trying to get her to help him with his drinking because he thinks it will be transformative - i.e. Helpful for him as his rescuer. Trouble is if he thinks she will do it on his behalf he isn't looking to put too much effort in himself? I wonder if he is projecting his need for help into her rather than using his own strength to combat this. So when he can't stop his drinking he can always blame her- maybe it's that kind of trap? X I just reread back - hope it makes sense ? This mercury retrograde thing affects my communications! X

Eddie

The eight swords is the drinking trap and why this relationship will not flourish.

The king of cups reversed is about the alcoholism and perhaps why he turned to it......feeling repressed in some way.

All the reversed. cards clearly shows the unhealthiness of this association.

Eddie

empresslove

Thank you Eddie!!

His alcoholism has nothing to do with this relationship, he's had drinking issues for a few years, just not as serious as recent... He's been sober for a few months.

I love how you interpreted the 8 of swords as the drinking trap.

Yes when the cards came out reversed I checked the deck and the remaining cards were upright, so idk...

The eight swords is the drinking trap and why this relationship will not flourish.

The king of cups reversed is about the alcoholism and perhaps why he turned to it......feeling repressed in some way.

All the reversed. cards clearly shows the unhealthiness of this association.

Eddie

empresslove

Thank you again Rachx.

And Mercury retrograde has me writing horribly and misspelling like crazy! LOL Thank God Venus finally went direct (even though we're in the shadow period for the next couple of weeks).

Yes I wonder if the trap is him trying to get her to help him with his drinking because he thinks it will be transformative - i.e. Helpful for him as his rescuer. Trouble is if he thinks she will do it on his behalf he isn't looking to put too much effort in himself? I wonder if he is projecting his need for help into her rather than using his own strength to combat this. So when he can't stop his drinking he can always blame her- maybe it's that kind of trap? X I just reread back - hope it makes sense ? This mercury retrograde thing affects my communications! X