Any information about Rhodium, anyone?

sacredashes

Hello gregory,

Titanium comes in various colors and I've seen them, very pretty :) ... pretty expensive too :D People who have allegies but still want to wear navel studs or ear-rings would probably invest in titanium or gold.

I do think that the reaction varies from person to person. My mom can tolerate it for a few hours but not for a day. Don' know if that counts as an allergy or an irritation. She doesn't get blisters but she does get red patches if the jewelry is worn for too long.

gregory said:
Oops crumbs - SINGAPORE ? Well, up to you..... :eek:

:eek: is about right.. the shipping and registered post charges are a nuisance, isn't it?

I do have a customer I'm supposed to meet again. She broke out in red spots upon contact and I had to re-do the entire necklance for her once, change all the metal bits to silver flower beads.. Maybe she can help me out.

gregory

I can live for ever without earrings even of any kind :D

Also any other piercing things like studs..... I don't see the point. Luckily !

Briar Rose

It took me a while to reply back, sorry. I have nothing new to add.

I've read the other posts, and everyone is right on about Rhodium. I asked a very well known jewelry designer and he told me the same things Ruby7 wrote in her posts.

Rhodium is used for plating because it's supposed to brighter than 18K white gold.

Platinum doesn't cause allergies.

sacredashes

HeavensVault :)

Thanks for the up-date. Appreciate your help, asking around and all. Take care.

Ash

gregory

HeavensVault said:
Platinum doesn't cause allergies.
I don't think anyone can say that about anything :(. I will try find some and let you know if I can manage a blister ot three.....

MCsea

gregory said:
I don't think anyone can say that about anything :(. I will try find some and let you know if I can manage a blister ot three.....

I did a quick google and I think its not worth the blisters gregory, sure you can be allergic to platinum :) (most people aren't...)

http://www.finishing.com/337/77.shtml

MARINA

gregory

No worries. I just thought it dangerous to suggest that there is ANYTHING to which SOMEONE isn't allergic :D

sacredashes

I'll keep that in mind, gregory.. it's good that you've brought this up.

I think I'll try crystalwoman's suggestion and test it on my customers over here for allegies or offer $ back if the stuff causes allegies to someone who've ordered it to through the internet.

No point in keeping something they can't wear, I know how frustrating that feels. Great that you pointed it out.. I guess there are no 100% guarentees in life :D