any one know this spread's name?

vision

I've been taught this particular spread many years ago but I don't know the name of it. I wonder if anyone has come acrossed or know the name of it?

It uses 13 cards.

.....[]
...[][][]
[][][][][]
...[][][]
.....[]

is it called the diamond spread?

Thank you for your input!

vision

Helruna

It reminds very very heavily on some Cartomancy spread that I've seen once in a book. I haven't seen it connected to the Tarot, also I assume you can use it for it too.

I am not certain of the name, it could be something with Diamond or even Gypsy... like I mentioned, I know this spread from Cartomancy. If you want to, I can go through my "archives" and see what I find...

BB,
Helruna

Emily

I've never come across a 13 card Diamond spread before.
Do the cards have positions and meanings?

napaisti

Not sure I've seen a 13 card diamond spread before either.

I checked in Burger & Fiebig's Complete Book of Tarot Spreads (which, of course, can't be complete) and they didn't have it.

I also tried checking bec's site, but it wasn't responding right now. Maybe she would recognize it...

napaisti

vision

It may well be called 'Gypsy spread'.

The way you read it is...
Starting from left to right. First two column represent past.
Center is the present and next two column represent future.

Vision

starfish66

Thanks for sharing the spread...

I've never seen it before but love the shape. Thanks for the description of how to use it, Vision. I'm going to try it today.

:T7C Starfish

Helruna

Well, the one I found so far in my "archives" is actually Cartomancy, but the layout (the way you lay out the cards, I mean) is different from what you describe. It could be an "easier" form to lay out and memorize.

It is, in my records, simply called "General spread".

That's all I know.

BB,
Helruna

vision

To Starfish,

Extra bits of information...
You can obviously improvise and make up your own way but this is how I've been taught.

Shuffle then count the cards.
Every 7th card, you lay it in order of below (see pic).

Order you lay the cards
================
..........[5]
...[11][4][10]
[9][7][3][6][8]
...[12][2][13]
.........[1]

NB: Take the first card from the top of the card pile. First counting cards goes bottom of your right hand, then next counting cards on top of the first cards...
Third counting cards on top of the seconds..
......etc.... 7th cards to the [1] position. (It's a bit tricky to explain)
What happens to the 6 cards on your right hand?
Well they go back to the bottom of your left hand (big pile) cards.

However, when I had to do quick reading (ie on the telephone), there were no time to do 7th cards each time, so I just said a prayer before the reading and laid the cards one after the other.

Though I prefer the way I've been told.

Reading
======
Just pick any cards it starts to jump at you (past, present or future).

To get more in depth
Then you do the every 7th card stuff for four times on top of the one card you are about to read.

And the rest, you just read the story.

Happy reading!

Vision

starfish66

Thanks for the information, Vision! I can't wait to try it out later today.

:T7C Starfish

divinerguy

I only found one 13 card spread in my library, but its not in a diamond shape. Its found in Tracy Porter's Tarot Companion, and its called the Astro House Tarot Spread.

Nine spreads using 13 cards can be found at Tarot Spreads http://www.tarotspreads.com/spreadsbycards.ads?Cards=13

The Alchemical is a modified diamond...
The Zodaical House Spread is a modified diamond as well ...