Anyone else have trouble reading for themselves?

PulchraElectri

I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been asked lol. But does anyone else have trouble reading for themselves. I always seem to get it wrong or over analyze it. Any suggestions?

Kosjitov

Asked many a time, answers vary, ymmv. Suggestion: Hit up the REx and have someone do an exchange with you.

toj

I tend to over analyze when I attempt to read for others and more quickly make assessments when reading for myself. Having not read for many other people I suppose I try to look more for a direction on what is happening and if I have nothing to go on don't have the experience in reading for others to trust my own interpretation.

tarotbear

It is hard to remain objective when you read for yourself (considering that is how almost all readers start - by reading for themselves); you can either give yourself the best possible or worst possible interpretation!

toj

It is hard to remain objective when you read for yourself (considering that is how almost all readers start - by reading for themselves); you can either give yourself the best possible or worst possible interpretation!

This is true. My experiences lately have allowed me to not over analyze my own readings as much though...when I spend a lot of time looking for some hidden meaning and/or look for alternative meanings in multiple books then that is when I question myself the most and don't trust my thought process. I have been buying way to many decks of late but have found that in having all the other decks and seeing how the cards are different and how they fit into the themes of each deck, it has helped me not be so rigid with my interpretations regardless of who I try to read for. Granted I still usually read just for myself but have been attempting to branch out.

Morwenna

I don't do predictive readings for myself; I'm way too apt to put the worst spin on them. But I do analytical readings for myself all the time. I usually get what I expect; I guess I've been doing this for quite a while. :) And sometimes I get a surprise, leading me to look anew at an aspect. (Funny how that works...:D)

toj

I never think that I am doing predictive readings. I view them more as opening up my way of looking at the present situation. Perceived facts or too much focus can be very rigid barriers to opening up one's insight. This in itself would seem to speak to the value of someone else reading for you.

SagiChar

I really think a lot has to do with HOW you word your question...I sometimes think, because we are reading for ourselves, that we can be too vague...so try and be as specific as you can...asking a who, what, where, why, or how....no "yes" or "no" questions...

dawntarot

I rarely read for myself nowadays. If I do, I use my initials and pretend I'm reading for a total stranger. I write all my readings down so I will put it away overnight, then come back to it to digest the message I got. This way I know I'm being objective. Seems to work :)

Dawn