Anyone for an Oracle swap?

blackroseivy

I have angels, fairies & the Ogham. I would like to ask at least 2 questions; I'll take however many would like a reading, just tell me your preference.

blackroseivy

Ceridwen, I have your reading but I have lost your PM's & I don't remember how to spell your name!!! Please PM me!

Flidais

I would love to exchange a reading with you. I think perhaps a Fairy deck would be nice. I can do your reading with Druid Animal Oracle, Wolf Song, or the PsyCards.

blackroseivy

Hey, only just saw the post - I was gone for a while!

Say, I'd love to have a "Psychards" reading - I have had dollhouse-sized minis of this deck, but that's the extent of my experience with it; I know it looks beautiful!

Do you want the reading to be a "general", then? I'll check back!

Flidais

Yes, general for me is fine. What about you?

blackroseivy

I am seeking guidance in my relationships... I have someone who has withdrawn from me because of grief (his father just passed away) & + he is having great difficulties at work. Right now, the only person he's talking to is his therapist! I don't know how long this is going to go on, & I would like to know how to proceed. Do I seek elsewhere? Should we just be friends? Should I wait for him? I just don't know!

Thanx so much for any insights!

Oh, & I will get to your reading 1st thing tomorrow.

- d.

Flidais

Hello danubhe,

Based on the information you provided, I asked for insight into the relationship you described. I drew three cards. Below are the positions I used, the cards I drew, and my interpretations. I am posting pictures of the three cards for you to see because with this deck, it is especially important that the querent view the cards and consider her own reactions.

http://home.insightbb.com/~flidais/reading_for_danubhe.htm

1. What you need to know: THE LIAR
The Liar is one of seven "characters" in the deck, representing aspects of our own personalities and of those around us and the parts they play in the drama of our lives. This card in this position concerns me a bit. I wonder if it is suggesting that you may be deceiving yourself into thinking that this person has withdrawn from you "because of grief" or problems at work. The Liar advises us to think about "signals" we are getting and whether they are perhaps misleading. If misleading, is this deliberate or not? Is someone wearing a "mask" or "disguise" in order to conceal what they really think or feel? What you need to know is the truth about his behavior. I don't think this deck of cards can tell you that.

2. What you need to do: NOW
"Now" is a "direction" card, which points directly to or away from a course of action. "Now" depicts a reaper cutting ripe corn. This implies that it is time to reap the harvest that you have sown. Nick Hobson writes of this card: "The hour is ripe. Now is your hour. Go to fulfil your heart's desire." Well, there is certainly a sense of urgency with this one! The question for you, then, is "What is your heart's desire?" What do you want from this person, this relationship — right now? What do you see as a reasonable result of the time and energy you have invested in the relationship to this point? What do you feel you should or could be "reaping" at this point? What can you do to bring in that "crop"?

3. What you need to avoid: MOTHER
The Mother is an "archetype" card, depicting underlying forces within us, common to both men and women. The message I get loud and clear from this card is: Don't "mother" him. Mothers offer warmth, support, and comfort, but can also be controlling and smothering. This card suggests that you need to avoid playing the maternal role in this situation.

Danubhe, you do not say what your relationship with this person has been in the past or how long you have known him. It seems to me that your response to the current situation would vary depending on whether you had a long-standing, close relationship with him or a casual friendship, or something in between. Only you can decide how long you are willing to wait before you talk to him directly about this, which in my opinion is the only way to find out what is really going on. But I hope the reading has at least given you food for thought and helped clarify things for you somewhat.

Flidais

blackroseivy

Oh, yes, the reading sure did make sense! I have known him for about 4 months; his father just passed away - did I say that? - & maybe he's using this as an excuse to throw the relationship away... In any case, I have contacted someone else whom I am going to be meeting. I still don't know if I'm doing the right thing, but I feel as though I *have* to do *something*. The guy I was talking about was saying he was "falling in love with me" & all this; but then he up & disappeared, so I just don't know... I thought I would keep my options open, anyway!

As to your reading(!) - here it is, I am using the "Fairy Ring" with the "Fairy Market" spread:

1) You - Fairy Festival, "Midsummer" rx

This is significant as it is this time of year. It is finding you "upside down" - you are having feelings of unhappiness in the peak of the year. I think that the feeling of a need for "revelry" is leaving you cold; you would just as soon isolate, & not be too bothered with the season. You are not as gregarious right now as others may be expecting you to be; just be yourself & don't give in to pressure from the outside.

2) The question - 3 of Spring Court, "Brownie"

Your question concerns work & home-based securities. That which concerns you most lies closest to home; & are a reminder of how important these aspects of your life truly are. Going from the last card to this, I think that you are concerned highly with simply being a home-body, not going out for "fairy revels", sticking with family & with your own concerns.

3) Obstacles - Ace of The Summer Court, "Fire Drake" rx

You are having problems with getting started. The fire burns upside-down; you are highly consumed from within by your passions, but they are outwardly doomed to frustration. You have projects which are at this time slow in coming into process; you feel a great urge to "wake things up". It may be that others around you are causing you these difficulties in fulfilling the promise of your projects.

4) The Past - Knave of The Summer Court, "Robin Goodfellow" rx

Here we have more frustration outlined from the past; you have also in the past experienced delays & inevitable abortions to projects. There may even be a legal component indicated here; either way, your past is strewn with frustrations over things never coming out *quite* the way you have envisioned them.

5) Trends - Queen of The Spring Court, "The Sea Mither" rx

Your beginnings do not seem to want to continue into fruition! You have a lack of materials to be able to see your visions through. This may be a passing thing; she is not perhaps giving birth as yet, but is gestating now. Patience is the only course that will find a way through the upheavals & lack of direction.

6) Near future - Five of The Spring Court, "Fairy Hart/Unicorn"

At last, a good augury! The hart means that you are being led on to another plane of existence - something of a test & a reward await you there, should you take the challenge of following the deer. Your inner Quest is here giving voice; again, to follow will lead into difficulties & dangers, but there is a reward for those who get through it at the end.

7) Far future - Fairy Festival, "Imbolc" rx

You have a period of rest & stasis on the way; it may even indicate the advent of winnter, or perhaps by the middle of it. You will reach a place where after much activity, there is stagnation; however, this may be the perfect time to recuperate. I see it being a kind of "hibernation".

8) Mental aspects - 8 of The Autumn Court, "The Boabhan Sith"

The mental aspects tend to be negative; this is a depiction of a vampire. You are feeling drained & unenergetic; the Fire Drake card indicates a strong block on energy, & the result is this lethargic feeling of depression & opression. Others may be draining your energy unbeknownst to you; be careful not to allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

9) Advice - 5 of the Autumn Court, "Fairy Horse/Kelpie"

I think this may be about getting rid of anger; also, a sense of being manipulated by others. I think these things have perhaps sneaked up on you without your knowledge or consent. Finding constructive ways to drain the dammed-up emotions of other cards would be the best course of action; don't allow the Kelpie energy to run away with you!

10) Hopes/fears - Lady of the Autumn Court, "Morgan le Fey" rx

You fear being deceived; you fear being manipulated towards others' ends. Someone may be out there who desires power over others. Hopes may be that you can see through this person or people & find, again, constructive ways to vent your frustrations that will not put you at the mercy of others.

11) Outcome - 2 of the Winter Court, "Trow" rx

Your reward will be there, but elusive. Soemthing interesting & valuable may be offered, but if you are not careful, it will disappear like fairy-gold. The best way to prevent this is to grab control back from those who may be draining you without your being aware of it; consideration of this factor may bring about the isolated rest of the Imbolc rx card, which will allow you to recuperate well enough to win your reward when care is required in its claiming.

I sure hope this has something to say to you - it seemed to have a story to me! :)

- d.

Flidais

Hello again!

Your reading resonated with me at several points. Here are some of them:

1. In general, I am not much for "revelry," and truly enjoy peace, quiet, and "alone time." I love being at home.

2. "You are highly consumed from within by your passions, but they are outwardly doomed to frustration." "...your past is strewn with frustrations over things never coming out *quite* the way you have envisioned them." Without going into detail, these statements make a lot of sense.

3. "Others may be draining your energy unbeknownst to you; be careful not to allow yourself to be taken advantage of." "...sense of being manipulated by others." "Someone may be out there who desires power over others." "The best way to prevent this is to grab control back from those who may be draining you without your being aware of it..." I need to consider all of this very seriously and try to understand what is taking place. I think it is true, but (as you have said) it is in many ways "unbeknownst" to me, so I have not dealt with it.

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Flidais

blackroseivy

So glad it made some sense! :)