anyone have tarot books on kindle?

shadowdancer

I have just got my new 'toy' and love it to bits. Plenty of novels to keep me going for the next 3 years or so, but was looking in time to have a nice wee tarot book collection.

for those who do have tarot books, do you find you look at them on the kindle or not?
How are they priced in comparison to regular printed copies?
Availability in this field?
Not having a colour screen - does that make a huge difference to usability?

I know James Ricklef has one of his on kindle, and it may be in time I may get it, albeit i already have it in print form.

KMilliron

I have a kindle, I would like tarot books on it, but I don't have any.

Mystics

I have a few on my kindle. It's a very handy way of keeping them. There are loads to choose from. The only problem with tarot books is that they are often something you flick through to read. Looking up different signs, spreads and meanings. Kindle does work best with books that you read cover to cover. You can bookmark and it's very handy. I love being able to downsize and simplify my life.

rachelcat

I have the Pictorial Key and Crowley's Book of Thoth from Amazon. They were cheap. Maybe a couple of bucks each?

I snagged Book T, Case's Introduction to the Tarot, and Liber Theta from the internet and emailed them to my k.

Also from the internet, I have the lwbs for the Rabbit, Dame Fortune's Wheel, and Tarot of the Crone.

I also have a bunch of my own notes on decks and things so they're readily at hand. No more little slips of paper stuck in with my decks!

The whole emailing stuff to the Kindle is great!

Penthasilia

So funny- I read a TON on my iPhone (both Kindle and Nook apps) of fiction, but when it comes to tarot (and magick), I prefer the physical book. I don't know if this is due to:

1. Being able to flip through and find what I need quickly (you can bookmark- but if you want something specific that you didn't bookmark, it is a pain sometimes)

or

2. I want good pictures in the book- and the B&W just don't do it justice. Also, sometimes the formatting can be wonky

or

3. It just doesn't feel witchy enough to me :)

most likely

4. All of the above

:)

tarotbear

It's a great idea. I actually still own the copyright to my book (I acquired it when the book went OOP), but I have no idea of how to 'get it electronic.' The illustrations would have to be added back into it.

shadowdancer

thanks for the replies. Sounds like some do have tarot related books on it, and use it, some don't. Reasons for not are valid and are ones I was raising in myself as a possible question mark against.

I may look at the pictoral tarot book for kindle. Not one I have ever read in print form but is one I know that is more than valid in the tarot world.

Richard

I have an excellent book on the Marseille Tarot by Jean-Michel David, which is in the Adobe Digital Editions format, not Kindle. It was a lot cheaper than the actual book, which for me made the difference between buying and not buying this material. It is not an ideal format, but it is better than not having it at all.

I do think that it is good to have the standard (non-electronic) book format for perennial classics, such as the Waite PKT and the Crowley BoT, since computer stuff is notoriously volatile and can be hopelessly damaged in a serious crash. I scored a new $5.98 PKT in hardback on a sale table at Barnes & Noble a few years back, and Book Depository has a lot of standard titles at extremely good prices with free shipping. Also, used books often can be had cheaply through amazon.com.

littleiris

i have several on my kindle, phone app and computer app for kindle. i enjoy them. i do agree that black and white sometimes takes away from impact, but the pictures are good for b & w and i like having them easily accessible (like on my phone).

Marieve

I have many Tarot books on Kindle but sometime they don't make good enough table of contents so it is clumsy to use them as reference. There are two that I use all the time though: Complete book of tarot reversals and Rachel Polack's Tarot Wisdom. They are absolutely brilliant and I love to be able to have them on me all the time.
Kindle version is always the first choice for me when I want a new book, I just love that you can have it in about 50 sec and you don't need any space to store them.
I don't mind black and white pictures, I usually have most of my decks scanned on my phone anyway so I can reference to them easy enough.