Anyone interested in doing an intensive rune study?

angeljunkie

Hey guys! Ansuz took a while, but I am back on track.

I just wanted to give you another resource if you want to delve deeply into the poems for the runes, especially the norse and icelandic. You can find a great source here:

http://www.nordic-life.org/nmh/runepages.htm

It really helps in deconstructing the poems and offers insight into new translations from someone who speaks the old language. Hope this helps, or at least is entertaining, while you work through your studies.

:D

Thanks for this link. I'm reading the sources from that website along with "Taking Up The Runes" by Diana L. Paxson. I also read "Gods and Myths of Northern Europe", but it didn't contain much information on the runes, but was a useful old source of information about the gods which could be helpful for others. I found it resourceful in background information for understanding other books.

autumn star

I didn't even know that this study was going on because I don't visit the Divination section that often. I have found Northern Mysteries by Frey Aswynn to be a really good book on learning rune meanings and the book that comes with the Witches Rune Kit by Nigel Jackson to be really good too :)

Marieve

Hi,

Is anybody still around this thread? I am new to Runes and I would love to join. Very excited actually about taking up the Runes.