Anyone know what this deck is?

karen0205

It was supposed to be a RWS deck and it arrived as a Marseilles deck!
I am not familiar with those at all.

It's missing:
V Heirophant
VIII Strength

Any ideas? I posted a picture of the Fool card and the backs

thanks for reading,

karen

Attachments

• unknown m deck.jpg
    unknown m deck.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 153

rwcarter

It comes in a set put out by B&N if I remember correctly. And I think there's already a thread about it. Lemme check and post back.

rwcarter

This is the thread I was thinking about.

The companion book has illustrations with RWS, so that might be why whoever sold it to you thought it was a RWS deck.

Rodney

karen0205

Wow you guys are fast! Thanks!
Yes, the book is by Jane Lyle and has both RWS and Marseilles illustrations in it.
I might keep the book but the deck I won't.
plus it's missing 2 cards but now I can at least see if anyone has any on the
singles bar since I know the name of the deck.

Anyone want the deck? It needs to be wiped down but otherwise it seems fine.
Maybe you can find the two missing cards?
Or keep it for spare cards?

k

rwcarter

I know there are folks who use incomplete decks for art projects. That might be a use for your incomplete deck.

Abrac

I also acquired the set and ended up trading the deck but keeping the book. The book's met with some criticism, but I find it quite unique. Granted it's not an in-depth historical work, but the pictures alone make it worth keeping, imo.

gregory

Look carefully at the book. I wouldn't keep it..... ;)

The set is available so VERY cheaply that you can probably find another and then use the rest of the cards for - whatever !

Aerin

I love the backs.

Very pretty.

I just got a cheap deck off ebay that's missing a Heirophant - very annoying, and the seller hasn't responded to my message as yet. That's a mixture of pips and RWS, very peculiar.

Do you think the Heirophants have run away together????

Aerin

gregory

Aerin said:
I love the backs.

Very pretty.

I just got a cheap deck off ebay that's missing a Heirophant - very annoying, and the seller hasn't responded to my message as yet. That's a mixture of pips and RWS, very peculiar.

Do you think the Heirophants have run away together????

Aerin
What deck is it, Aerin ?