Arrows on cards - upright/reversed? Can't tell!

ClimbTheseWalls

The tarot deck I have has little arros on the back of the minor arcana cards that are supposed to indicate their upright/reversed position, but I can't tell which is which!! lol

Does the arrow at the top of the card mean upright, and arrow at the bottom mean reversed?

Or does the arrow at the bottom mean upright, and at the top mean reversed??

It's usually on the sword and pentacle suits I think..it's an early deck, so the images are pretty ambiguous. Help!

re-pete-a

perhaps there's a message to change packs in there.The feeling is your at the cross roads of choice.
________

~tarot dummy~

i have the same deck as you i think..which the Marseilles deck i tend to read the card as upright when the arrow is pointing away from you or to the north if that make sense.. and arrow pointing at you as reversed but i could be doing the wrong thing the whole time lol but yeh, this is how i read it

ClimbTheseWalls

Agreed pete, definitely time for a new deck. In the meantime, I'll take your suggestion tarotd. :) The book that came with the deck (again it was a gift) explained there were arrows on the cards to help, but missed the part about saying which way meant what. And surprisingly, it's not intuitive!

~tarot dummy~

yeh, i ahve revised my cards and found that the 7 of coins is in the wrong direction.... >< but the other swords and wands, u cant reli justisfy them right? i bought a new WRSdeck the other day and since they dont have arrows on the back, i found it sooooooo much better when drawing the cards coz you don't have to be bias and avoid drawing reversed cards!!! so, get a new deck without arrows !!!!cheers