Artistic 3-card spread

Kibeth

So the 3-card for general readings is truly widespread, found in every LWB for beginner. Readers use 3 cards, no position. It's easy to learn(don't have to actually), direct, non-confusing, without a whole lot of cards to clutter up the intuition. Problem arises when the reader shows bias to one card and ignore the implications of the other 2, or give less attention to them. The reading would be flawed. This spread I introduce here will, let us hope, eliminates human bias by giving more importance to one card as intended by the hidden forces.

The Spread.

_______
___1___
_______
_2___3_
_______

1: The core position, the main picture, the main character or object in the picture
2 & 3: Tinges, the finer details, the background, or small but meaningful trinkets on the person

Example
How would this event play out should it happen?

1: 9 Cups
2: 3 Swords
3: 5 Pents

As you can see, the reading I got back is concise and clear. The end would be satisfying, but bittersweet, rooted in sorrow and loss.

This, compared to my previous efforts which for fear of derailing the thread I shan't post here. I encourage anyone to experiment with this because it is quite insightful.

Amanda

Actually, it looks to me like it won't happen... it's a fantasy and would be a dream come true, bit 3 of Swords says forget it- remove it from your desires, 5 of Pentacles says not gonna happen, you'll be left empty-handed.

Otherwise, I love the spread and might try it out here real soon.

kglyphics

9/cups is a wish card and that's your outcome card so obviously its something you truly desire. 5/pents suggests it'll take a lot of hardships, work, and stress to make this desire happen. 3/swords may suggest that you'll face a lot of disappointments along the way and may just be saying it'll be in your best interest to not go into this at all. There is no pentacle in the outcome position so I would say it wouldn't really get off the ground and just remain as a mere "wish".

Amanda

My example reading..

Seems mine is a bit harder to visualize.

_______
___1___
_______
_2___3_
_______

1: The core position, the main picture, the main character or object in the picture
2 & 3: Tinges, the finer details, the background, or small but meaningful trinkets on the person

Example - same question:

1: Star RX
2: Chariot
3: 2 of Wands

So the picture is basically a gloomy one with the Star RX -- with a side-dish of refusing to take control and make the event happen or deciding ahead of time that it's pointless. People "out there" do not support or agree with me making this event happen. Yep -- that seems about right. :D

Kibeth

9/cups is a wish card and that's your outcome card so obviously its something you truly desire. 5/pents suggests it'll take a lot of hardships, work, and stress to make this desire happen. 3/swords may suggest that you'll face a lot of disappointments along the way and may just be saying it'll be in your best interest to not go into this at all. There is no pentacle in the outcome position so I would say it wouldn't really get off the ground and just remain as a mere "wish".

I should say the only suit not represented in the spread would be Wands. All thoughts and no action.

Pardon my bluntness, because I do hope people will be guided by the tool the right way... Actually, I do not think anyone has gotten the spread. One card takes precedence, please remember that.

I'm using the Gilded Deck so the picture painted looks like this to me: a winehouse(9 cups) where people are smiling, but with only two people inside(5 pents) with a tinted window letting in the light, revealing stark realities. A rather desolate feel contributed by the storm and rain outside reflecting the pain in the heart(3 swords) behind the smiles. But I revert to my original assessment, the mood is bittersweet.

Don't mind more people giving the spread a spin to see what pictures your cards paint.

Kibeth

Seems mine is a bit harder to visualize.

_______
___1___
_______
_2___3_
_______

Example - same question:

1: Star RX
2: Chariot
3: 2 of Wands

So the picture is basically a gloomy one with the Star RX -- with a side-dish of refusing to take control and make the event happen or deciding ahead of time that it's pointless. People "out there" do not support or agree with me making this event happen. Yep -- that seems about right. :D

I don't read with reversals, but I'll try...

It looks like a lost lonely rider on the road at night. She has the constellations(Star) as a guide but the energy is blocked(RX), for she is not paying attention to the heavens. She is sitting in a car(Chariot) choosing from forks on the road(2 Wands) but each choice looks as good as the other, so she chooses by feel(also Chariot). Generally, the cards suggest a lack of planning.

kglyphics

I should say the only suit not represented in the spread would be Wands. All thoughts and no action.

Pardon my bluntness, because I do hope people will be guided by the tool the right way... Actually, I do not think anyone has gotten the spread. One card takes precedence, please remember that.

I'm using the Gilded Deck so the picture painted looks like this to me: a winehouse(9 cups) where people are smiling, but with only two people inside(5 pents) with a tinted window letting in the light, revealing stark realities. A rather desolate feel contributed by the storm and rain outside reflecting the pain in the heart(3 swords) behind the smiles. But I revert to my original assessment, the mood is bittersweet.

Don't mind more people giving the spread a spin to see what pictures your cards paint.

I respect our interpretation, but that's just how I see it regardless of the deck or not. Sure there's no wands, but just because there's a pentacle card in there doesn't mean it'll manifest. 5/pents is a card of hardships, loss and suffering. There's nothing about that card that suggests a manifestation of something. I suppose you could see it as receiving help from an outside source but even then that's not really manifesting a project. But to each his own...

I'll give the spread ago sometime tomorrow. About to sign off. :)

Kibeth

Ah, but I mean to use Card 1 as a mood-setter. :)

Positive means positive, negative means negative, same for neutral. There is no ambiguity there, or a fear the reader might, via personal bias, interpret a positive card negatively or vice-verse. No, the cards speak for themselves. Which is the point of the spread in the first place.

Card 2 and 3 tempers the Card 1, but themselves don't represent anything. 'Tempers'.

Am I making sense?

In my short example, my hesitation was in getting out of my comfort zone to fix things, not a query if it can be fixed, it can. Hence my remark on the lack of Wands. It fits my lack of action like a glove. I didn't think to look at the presence or absence of suits, so thank you.

Amanda

I don't read with reversals, but I'll try...

It looks like a lost lonely rider on the road at night. She has the constellations(Star) as a guide but the energy is blocked(RX), for she is not paying attention to the heavens. She is sitting in a car(Chariot) choosing from forks on the road(2 Wands) but each choice looks as good as the other, so she chooses by feel(also Chariot). Generally, the cards suggest a lack of planning.

Hey, that's pretty good!
I think I get the spread a little bit better now, thanks. :)