Asked the cards about daydreaming - got the 7 of Cups

Lady Orchard

There is somebody that I have a crush on and was wondering if they daydream about me too, and if so, about what. The specific question in my mind was about daydreaming.

I pulled one card - and got the 7 of Cups.

This is confusing as to me, the 7 of Cups itself represents daydreaming!
I was hoping for a card that might symbolise a feeling or a situation, but instead I get that - lol.

Would you think that this suggests that yes they do daydream about me, but maybe not about any one thing in particular, just in general? And maybe a lot?

Or do you think that this just was me projecting my subconscious onto the cards?

nisaba

Lady Orchard said:
There is somebody that I have a crush on and was wondering if they daydream about me too, and if so, about what. The specific question in my mind was about daydreaming.

I pulled one card - and got the 7 of Cups.
"The question was about daydreaming." You haven't told us the question.

If you were asking the deck if you were daydreaming, then I'd say you got a resounding yes.

If you were asking about whether the relationship was only a daydream and would never come to anything, I think that could also be a yes.

If you were asking about whether this daydream of a relationship might end up real, then I think it's highly possible that the card was trying to say that you have many options and possibilities open to you, and you need to look at them all, not just the one (probably indicating that there would be something unhealthy about this one).

There are any number of other possible readings of the card, depending on what you asked about the crush or about daydreaming.

Lady Orchard

sorry, I probably didn't explain myself very well there!

The question I asked my cards was along the lines of, "does this person daydream about me also" (whilst thinking if so, about what)

That's why the 7 of Cups confused me, as it seemed to just mirror my question rather than giving any kind of answer about what they might be thinking.

ofbainbridge

I would say this indicates that yes the person in question daydreams about you.
Now whether that daydreaming was realistic or not, based on an accurate picture of you or not, with a head in the clouds or not would be revealed either by the cards around it or by whether the card was upright or reversed...

Thirteen

ofbainbridge said:
I would say this indicates that yes the person in question daydreams about you.
Agreed. In fact, I'm confused as to why you're confused. You asked a yes or no question. Does he daydream about me? Answer: 7/Cups. Daydreams. So, yes he does.

If you want to know what his feelings are while he daydreams about you, you'll need to ask that as a separate question, but I imagine that if he is daydreaming about you, then he probably likes you in some fashion or other.

nisaba

<sinisterly> I used to daydream about killing my abusive ex ... everything from holding her down in a bathtub and watching her eyes as she drowned, to a hammer through her sleeping head, through to running her over as she crossed the road ... Fortunately I'm reasonably well-controlled, and l know the difference between the fantasy-world and the real world. Time spent in gaol didn't appeal to me.

Daydreams are not necessarily pleasant, lovey-dovey things.

In the case of a young guy I used to know, there was a girl he liked and spent time with but in no way saw as a love-interest. She fell head-over with him and kept texting him and ringing him and making hints, and when they were together would keep flirting and touching him but wouldn't actually come out and say what was on her mind - he was quite disgusted, and used to fantasise about her finding what essentially she was after (which was a man with looks and money but no character). I have no idea what ended up happening or not happening between them, I lost touch. That, too, is a less-than-romantic daydream.

thorhammer

Thirteen's hit the crux of it, there, as usual.

But there's a deeper suggestion in the 7 of Cups, too - as always happens when one asks such a powerful oracle as the Tarot such a simplified question (a yes/no question, that is).

The 7 of Cups (you didn't mention what deck, so I'll go with the hackneyed assumption that it's a RWS derivative) suggests that one has trouble making real or positive changes in one's life due to a tendency to live entirely through daydreaming, and never put the dreams into action.

Anything is possible in daydreams, and one ends up with endless options all glittering away, and indecision creeps up to join the natural wishfulness, to unite in a sinister, disempowering habit of self-attenuation.

The appearance of the 7 of Cups, to me, always tells me to "get real". In this context, it would suggest that I needed to get off my behind and do something about this crush ;).

\m/ Kat

janee

nisaba said:
<sinisterly> I used to daydream about killing my abusive ex ... everything from holding her down in a bathtub and watching her eyes as she drowned, to a hammer through her sleeping head, through to running her over as she crossed the road ... Fortunately I'm reasonably well-controlled, and l know the difference between the fantasy-world and the real world. Time spent in gaol didn't appeal to me.

I like the way you think lol this really is the 7 cups.

nisaba

<grin>

<takes bow>

balenciaga

There is another possibility to consider in tarot, and that is, mirroring. If you ask a question that is "non-answerable" in that it is "not the right question" to pose, tarot will "mirror back" what is on your mind. I would take Thirteen's advice and ask a more pointed question - How do I factor in his daydreams? "Can you describe what his thoughts are like when he thinks of me?"