Asking questions you know the answer to

Purplefox

Hello Everybody,

I am new to tarot, therefore I have so many puzzling questions. What happens when you ask tarot a question that you already know the outcome to. I tried this in an attempt to see how accurate tarot is and the answer was completely wrong. It was the opposite actually, is one not able to fool tarot cards??

Grizabella

The answer according to the book meaning or the meaning you've learned somewhere else may have been wrong. But once you're more experienced with the cards and can interpret them for yourself, it may not have been wrong at all. :)

Purplefox

Thanks Grizabella, I guess there's lots to learn

Seafra

Just as you are playing a game with your deck, perhaps your deck is playing a game with you. Don't you find it rather odd that you got the *exact* opposite? Sounds a bit like a sarcastic word play here.

SunChariot

I find that when we are not seriously looking for an answer or true wisdom that the cards refuse to play along. It's the very same phenomenon that comes into play when we repeatedly ask the same question over and over before enough time has passed when something could have been reasonably expected to change.

When we do this, the cards know we are not seriously looking for an answer and they just refuse to play along. The powers that send us answers, however you envision that, are always there to help us when we are truly looking for help or wisdom on any imaginable topic, but when they think we are asking something we already know the answer to, they generally don't answer, inho, and just random cards come up.

It's like they're going "You already know the answer to that. Call us when you really need an answer."

A second explanation of it, and equally true, in my experience, as the cards do not like to be tested. If you know what I mean. Tarot and being a Tarot reader, by necessity, require faith. You have to have faith that Tarot works to be a reader. And, as with anything spiritual, that faith cannot be given to you, you have to earn it by using the cards and seeing what happens.

We are not meant to be given irrefutable proof of anythign spiritual. Tarot is a spiritual tool. If you try to test it in a scientific way, which imo is what you tried to do, it won't work. It is a tool that requires faith to work. And you will not be handed proof on a platter that will make you believe. It had to build gradually as the spiritual experiences you have with the cards grow more and more frequent.

Nothign spiritual in our lives that take faith is meant to be proven scientifically. Purposely asking questions you know the answer to in an attempt to try and proove Tarot works, is doomed to fail. Faith will not be handed to you in any kind of scientific way, it must be earned in spiritaully.

Part of learning to be a reader is learning to have that inner faith in the cards, faith comes from teh heart and soul and not the mind. It cannot be given you. And the cards truly will answer anything you ask, but they will not be tested. If you try it is normal that they stop cooperating.

Babs

swimming in tarot

There is one kind of "test" that I consider valid. For example, in the Celtic Cross spread, the first card laid is the immediate environment, which is known. The way in which this laid-down card resembles what is known sets the tone for how the other cards should be interpreted. Any other "tests" I've tried, the cards have made it pretty obvious to me that they knew I was just messing around, and would rather not be disturbed, thank you.

tarotcardrose

Test

I have been reading cards for year in fact 12 professionally. I have read over 9,000 clients and the cards have always been accurate. I have many repeat clients and I always tell them to take notes, they have come back years later, and shown me how many kids I predicted they would have and their initials and that is exactly what they had, I hit the name on the head, years before in my read.

But I have had a handful, maybe 30 customers, that came to "test" the cards. The cards always gave them the exact opposite, not even a wrong answer, but a complete opposite. If they new the sex of an unborn child , they would ask, the cards would give the wrong answer. I have never had the cards predict something wrong to someone who came with true gratitude.

There is something with that, I don't know why. But it is very true. And while the cards did that, I would have a sick feeling, a heavy feeling.

The cards (spirits) know your intent, why should they help you when you are testing them, only those with faith will be rewarded. The cards are sacred. It is like going to church or temple and making fun of the service.

SunChariot

tarotcardrose said:
The cards (spirits) know your intent, why should they help you when you are testing them, only those with faith will be rewarded. The cards are sacred. It is like going to church or temple and making fun of the service.

Exactly and very well said.

And back to the original post where it asked if one is not able to fool Tarot cards, no they cannot be fooled. The source that sends us answers, my take on it is they come from G-d/my angels, is way too intellegent to be fooled. It knows what your true intent is when you ask a question.

Babs

nisaba

Purplefox said:
Hello Everybody,

I am new to tarot, therefore I have so many puzzling questions. What happens when you ask tarot a question that you already know the outcome to. I tried this in an attempt to see how accurate tarot is and the answer was completely wrong. It was the opposite actually, is one not able to fool tarot cards??
I think probably the deck "knew" you were asking a silly or trivial question, which is essentially what asking a question with a known answer is, and was scolding you.

After all, think about it from the perspective of Tarot: Tarot has been around for about 500 years. How long have you been reading? If you were an intelligent, experienced and learned university professor, how would YOU react if a know-nothing first-year student whose papers so far were barely credits threw in a stupid question they knew the answer to, to "test" you? Would you give a correct and detailed answer? No, you'd either give the opposite answer or roar at them for their temerity.

nisaba

To add to my last answer: decades have shown me that respecting your tool works a lot better than disrespecting it. Having reading after reading as a client because you don't like or don't trust what you're told, or asking silly questions as a reader that you know the answer to as a test, is blatant disrespect. I meant to spell that out in the last post, but got carried away with my analogy.