asking the right question...

Lysh

I am trying to figure out the best way to ask a particular question without it being yes/no. I have ideas for questions, but I thought someone might have good feedback or have a way of phrasing it that is more clear.
I want to find out if x and I will start dating again within the next month. Here were some ideas I had:
What are the chances (or possibilities etc.) of x and I starting a dating relationship again within the next month?
What kind of relationship will x and I have over the next month? (however, not sure if I am going to get an answer to the question I have)
There might not be a good way to get an answer to this. If anyone has any thoughts please share! I was planning on just doing a simple 5 spread layout (past, present, hidden influences, advice, likely outcome). Any thoughts on that are also welcome. Thanks in advance!

thorhammer

What's standing in the way of . . .

What can I do to better my chances with . . .

What am I doing to sabotage myself . . . (I use this one - I'm not saying you do sabotage yourself, just that it might be revealing)

Focus on the little aspects that all come together to contribute to the original "yes/no" question, things like what you like about this person, what they like/dislike about you, outside influences, what about it that would be a negative impact on you or them, that sort of thing.

You see, Tarot makes you think about the situation for yourself, if you use it properly. You'll come away with a much better understanding of the situation by asking questions with more open end than yes/no, and it helps you to train your mind to understand your life without the help of the cards.

*Gets off soapbox*

I hope this helps :heart:

\m/ Kat

AJ

think newpaper reporter. Start with Who What When Where Why

Seafra

Totally in the AJ camp here. I am a horror at the When ?s and so I change that to "What has to happen before blah blah happens"

Time spent wording your question so that it gives you a precise answer is never, never, never wasted. Too often I cringe at questions posed to me and posted here because they are not getting to a specific point, thereby inviting all sorts of confusion. Congratulate yourself on your concern in this area - your question re questions brought me great joy!

Blessings - Seafra

Starling

Write your questions down on paper. It forces you to actually see them and to make them firm and solid. And yes, avoid the yes/no question.

After a while you will literally develop a pattern that takes a yes/no question and turns it into something more useful.

In this case you might also want to know if dating this person is a good thing or not for you, and for both of you.

Lysh

Thanks for the responses. I think sometimes finding the right way to phrase a question can be the hardest aspect. I think confusion also comes when we are looking for a straight answer (like me right now ha) and rarely get it. I think to myself, either give me all negative cards so I can say 'let this go' or positive cards so I can say, 'ok, keep on going'. Usually that doesnt work out that way. I get a lot of 'work' cards or cards showing change for better or for worse but nothing definite. But in reality I guess energies are always changing and the readings pick up on that.
So I will write down ideas using the 5 Ws and see what comes to start with. I will probably start with a question of,
"What do I need to know about the possibilities of x and I dating again within the next month?" to get an overview of the situation and then from there I can ask more insightful questions as mentioned to get a better idea of the situation from different standpoints. I know that asking the same question twice is never good, however, asking about different aspects is okay to get greater clarification.
Depending, I might post the reading in the readings section to get feedback after laying out the cards and meditating on them.
Thanks again for the advice!
Lysh

Lysh

Starling said:
In this case you might also want to know if dating this person is a good thing or not for you, and for both of you.

Yeah, that is always a good question! But to take that out of a yes/no question is the tricky part. I will have to work on that one too. I have some thinking to do this morning! :)
Lysh

EnriqueEnriquez

Hello Lysh,

If the person has a concern about a specific area, and she wants to make a good use of the time with you instead of being amused by your uncanny abilities, ask them what do they want.

Example:

CLIENT: I want to know about my boyfriend.

READER: What exactly do you want to know about him?

CLIENT: Well, I don’t know... what does he thinks of me?

READER: Let me ask you something. What do you want from your boyfriend? What do you want from that relationship?

CLIENT: Hmmm... I would like for him to be more affectionate, more present in the relationship.

Once they have told you what they want about that specific person or situation, ask the cards:

“What is the best thing this person can do about so and so?”

That way you can use the cards to help the person trace an action plan.

Best,

EE

Sulis

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Hello Lysh,

If the person has a concern about a specific area, and she wants to make a good use of the time with you instead of being amused by your uncanny abilities, ask them what do they want.

Example:

CLIENT: I want to know about my boyfriend.

READER: What exactly do you want to know about him?

CLIENT: Well, I don’t know... what does he thinks of me?

READER: Let me ask you something. What do you want from your boyfriend? What do you want from that relationship?

CLIENT: Hmmm... I would like for him to be more affectionate, more present in the relationship.

Once they have told you what they want about that specific person or situation, ask the cards:

“What is the best thing this person can do about so and so?”

That way you can use the cards to help the person trace an action plan.

Best,

EE

He's so wise :D

AJ

Lysh said:
So I will write down ideas using the 5 Ws and see what comes to start with. I will probably start with a question of,

"What do I need to know about the possibilities of x and I dating again within the next month?"

to get an overview of the situation and then from there I can ask more insightful questions
Lysh

Note that this is two questions. How will you know which one your spread is answering? I'd save When questions for fun and entertainment ;)