Astrological Attributions of All Cards

Atcandela

Repost: Astrological Attributions to the Tarot

I was forwarded this very thread relating to getting further information
about astrology and the tarot.
There are quite a few interesting links and thought to repost it as this thread hasn't been active in many years.

Looks like I've gotten my homework cut out for me!

hunter

rachelcat said:
I thought I would share an information chart I put together of the Golden Dawn astrological attributions of all cards.

I pulled the information together from Paul Hughes-Barlow's Supertarot site and DuQuette's Understanding Crowley's Thoth Tarot and Tarot of Ceremonial Magick books.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2866

Thanks for this! It has saved me some work and answered some questions for me, as I've dived back into cartomancy. Sigh! Why do I torture myself with the playing cards?

rwcarter

Thanks hunter for bumping this and thanks rachelcat for originally posting it!

It also answers a question that has bothered me for some time that I was just about to try to figure out for myself - the Mythic Tarot doesn't use GD Astrological attributions, so I never knew what system it did use. Now I know - the Paul Foster Case system! So now I don't have to try to recreate the wheel!

Gotta :heart: this place! :)

Rodney

hunter

Deep study of quadruplicities today. Fascinating. Reading PCs "like tarot cards" is so looked down upon, but the GD system has much to offer as a starting place to design a PC system that fits into the wheel of the year and magic.

I don't like the overlap of the courts and the zodiac signs. What is up with that?

2,3,4 are cardinal
5,6,7 are fixed
8,9,10 are mutable

I'm still trying to figure out keywords to that show what 2,5,8 have in common and 3,6,9, and 4,7,10. I sense a repeating cycle there. So far I have been basing the numerology off the Pythagorean Tarot and it mentions a 1st, 2nd and 3rd perfection...but everything doesn't quite line up to a clear evolving pattern of starting, completing, stasis...or at least the book isn't making it super clear. That's a hard book!

When the system is properly designed and labeled, the combinations are so easy to read. Once I have this figured out, it will be strange to first learn to read the cards whole before parts, rather than parts (one card draws) to whole.

The GD system is a much wider system than the strictly fortune telling methods that are so much more common. I want to do more than fortune telling with PCs.

Rodney I'm glad a piece of your puzzle now fits. It feels so good when that happens.

Rosanne

...and thought to repost it as this thread hasn't been active in many years.

I have been using Fulgours posted Chaldean decans for years and years and years.......ROFL What is many? I think I will go Hanged Man myself and contemplate all these wasted many many years.
Good thread tho! Somewhere in the Great Search Engine in the Ether there are more charts........

~Rosanne

rachelcat

Hi! I recently updated the table to strictly Book T assignments--no modern planets, and sometimes quaint Book T card names. Enjoy!

(Oh, and I did a Thoth one, too.)

Attachments

• Thoth Astro.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Book T Tarot Astrological Attributions.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 299

GoddessArtemis

This is a great, handy list! :)

Just one question: 3 of Cups is Mercury in what...Cancer? (it's missing on the sheet)

GA

rwcarter

GoddessArtemis said:
This is a great, handy list! :)

Just one question: 3 of Cups is Mercury in what...Cancer? (it's missing on the sheet)

GA
If you're talking about the Book T pdf, "Cancer" is abbreviated "Can." due to space restraints.

Rodney