AT MONSTERS / From which AT members have you learned more till this moment?

Grizabella

I've learned the most from those who have taught me that it's absolutely okay to do it my way even if that way doesn't include Thoth or Marseilles. Even if my way means reading for or about someone who isn't there. Even if I love to costume myself sometimes. Even if I choose to call myself just a Tarot Reader and even if I sometimes become a (gasp :bugeyed: ) Fortune Teller. That I can interpret the cards as I see fit. That I don't have to use reversals, elemental dignities, numerology, astrology, or do anything but read the cards, just the cards and nothing but the cards as they speak to me not to someone else. :)

It took me a long time to feel as though I was "good enough" to mingle here. I can't tell you how many days, months, weeks, and even years I sat in front of my computer too timid to join into conversations while I tried till I was blue in the face to measure up and learn all the other things that just did not want to sink into my head and stay there. Then thanks to some wonderful people who have encouraged me that I was okay anyway, I fairly recently finally gained the courage to come out of my shell----just as I am---and ever since then, I've been flourishing. I'm even beginning to learn some of the things I didn't think I could learn if they're really beneficial to my reading style. Now I join in where I feel comfortable and just bypass the rest.

So thank you to those people who helped me to know that I don't have to do anything but what comes naturally to me. You know who you are. :heart:

franniee

oh WOW i just found this thread and I can't say thank you enough to ALL of you! I LOVE it here!!! What a very unique place!

I found this place exactly when I needed it. I knew how to read the cards, I had been reading them for about 10 years or so but being here has added such a wonderful dimension and depth to my readings and more importantly to ME! I found all these wonderful decks and awesome people to converse with!!

I couldn't name you all specifically because each and everyone here has touched me one way or another. :heart:

thank you!!! :love:
fran

Sar

I think I learn a lot from Little Baron and Dangerdork.

Demon Goddess

I too have just found this thread, and noticed something very interesting as I was reading the list.

I can't help but think that I too have learned a little something from every single name that everyone has listed.

But... One glaring thing that I noticed and I'm sure that all of you will agree that those I learned the most from are the newbies... those who begin to learn and find this forum and ask questions that to anyone whose been reading a long time may seem obvious, but in sharing those answers, we learn a little something more about our tarot and, I suppose, about ourselves.

I've even learned something from the twits who pop in and just want a free reading but are too cheap to go to Kasamba, lol.

And although I could, I'm not naming any names until someone says they learned something from me. Hmmph.

T

HearthCricket

I just saw this thread. I could never name names, because I have learned something from everyone who I have come into contact with, on the forum, in one way or another. Whether they have taught me something new, challenged me to look at things in a different way, or shown me to step back and rethink things, each and every contact has been one of personal growth. So cheers to all the ATers for their influence on me and broadening my horizons! :)

Alta

I think that I did post earlier, but haven't got the patience to sort through and find it. But I did start thinking about it again.

Started here in 2001, and so I guess it is inevitable that I have forgotten people but their impact remains. When I signed up I used to refer to myself as 'psychic as a geranium', but then MeeWah told me that I was underestimating geraniums. :D

MeeWah got me reading properly, mostly by telling me ten thousand times 'you can too do it!!!' until I finally believed it. Yes, I had read before that, but in a very minor key.

Early on I was affected by so many: catboxer, Kiama, yes even jade, mojo, Geenius at Wrok, Alex..... phew, names seem to have vanished like smoke from my mind.

I think that I have been most affected by interactions via readings: reading for and being read by others. I would have to say that every single reading that I have given or received has touched me and hence I benefited from those involved. And thank you to every one of them!

I have be affected by wise words placed so casually into posts that left me staring at the screen with light bulbs going off over my head, experienced readers and newbies alike. Everyone brings themselves here.

Being a moderator has influenced me (for the worse no doubt :) ) and I have have benefited from knowing so many... it must have been at least 50 since I started... who willingly gave their time to help out around here. For greater or lesser periods.

Anyway, I think it is well to remember with lists like this is that everyone who genuinely brings themselves here and gives as well as receives is on 'the list'

Marion

p.s Demon Goddess!!!! There, you have been mentioned. :)

The crowned one

I agree with a earlier poster, I teach myself. I enjoy reading JMD, Kwaw and Gregory's post very much, and spend time digesting what they have to say.

Everyone on this forum has said something profound or worth filing into the "to be explored bin" at one time or another so I will say everyone here has given me insights to build up from, helped me expand my way of thinking.

memries

I have been on here a while now. The first person who every spoke to me was Simone, so loving and caring.
Other than that so many have been kind and loving and patient, I could not name them all because for sure I would forget someone.
The love and compassion and caring has added a depth to my life. Sharing with those who do not even know you. The concern from others that flows from the keys is amazing. For that, I thank everyone in the forum...memries