ATF 2007 SOUL Oracle Reading Exchange ~ 2nd-14th July ~ Baroli & tarot4fun

Elven

Your reading thread for the exchange! Have a great one! :D

This rounds Topic is ~ "Messages of Inspiration"
This reading relates to using your chosen Oracle to deliver a Messages of Inspiration to your Partner. Nothing like a bit of inspiration to carry us through the next 2 weeks :D
This week its an easy round :D
A two card reading – as inspiring as your Oracle can give – as detailed as you can possible extract from the cards.

My Oxford Dictionary Thesaurus describes Inspiration as to:
Encourage, enliven, fire or touch the imagination, galvanize, hearten, imbue, influence, infuse, inspirit, instill, spark-off, spur on and stimulate :p

Focus for the Reading.
As a seeker, if you would like to nominate a subject/issue/person for your Oracle reading to refer to – let your partner know, otherwise the reader will exchange a random message from the cards.

Card One
A Message of inspiration For the Seeker.

Card Two
A Message of inspiration for the Seeker to share with another.

READER METHOD
1. Use your known method you enjoy to prepare your cards or
2. Try something totally new and inspiring! (If you try something new – share your method with your partner)

SPREAD

…1 – Message of Inspiration for the Seeker
…2 – Message of Inspiration for the Seeker to share with another.

Enjoy :D

Readings & feedback to be completed by SUN 15TH JULY 07

Baroli

Thanks Elven for starting the thread. Oh how I do like room service :p

Baroli

tarot4fun

Hi Baroli! :D

Suz :heart:

Baroli

Hello tarot4fun, Nice to see you!!

I am going to use my victorian flower oracle. I do love those cards and I enjoy using them. Is there a particular subject you would like me to give you encouragement/inspiration for? Or shall we let the Universe send what you need to hear? I am all for that for myself. Just let the cards speak.

Baroli :D

tarot4fun

Baroli said:
Is there a particular subject you would like me to give you encouragement/inspiration for? Or shall we let the Universe send what you need to hear? I am all for that for myself. Just let the cards speak.
The Victorian Flower Oracle sounds lovely. :heart:

I think I'll let you see what the Universe needs me to hear. :laugh:

I'll be using my Goddess Knowledge Cards for your reading.

Blessings~

tarot4fun

Tarot4fun reads for Baroli

Goddesses Knowledge Cards
First, I only looked at the front of the cards and gave my impressions.

1. A Message of inspiration For the Seeker.
Selene

She is holding a young man. Time, as we know it, stands still for her. The universe moves past her as though she is going backwards ~ to the left ~ the past. The seasons of the moon come and go. She notices none of this. If she could go back in time and change things, she would; apparently she can. Her grief and sorrow is shared with no-one; it goes too deep and can't even be relieved with tears. So she sits quietly, holding him close, caressing his hand. Time moves on, but not for her.

Time means nothing to Spirit. We can “go back” in the spirit realm, to minister to the hurts of the past. We can forgive and ask forgiveness. We can speak to our young self and love the child whose pain no-one knew about. We are our own medicine. There are no limits to Spirit.

A little from the card:
Selene is the ancient Greek goddess of the moon. Queen of the Starlit Heavens, she carries the moon across the sky. Selene fell in love with a mortal. When she descended to earth to join him, he fell into a deep sleep from which he never awoke. She continues to visits him nightly.
Later, Selene represented the full moon. She is Phoebe, meaning ‘bright and shining’. “Selene represents the fullness of life, incorporating all phases of light and darkness in her shining.”

2. A Message of inspiration for the Seeker to share with another.
Ishtar

She breaks through the veil, as though being birthed from the universe. The moon comes out from behind the clouds and illuminates the event. There are eyes in the dark. She sees and knows, even before her arrival.

A part of her will always see forward and know certain things ~ later on, she will understand why.

A little from the card:
Ishtar is the Babylonian creator goddess. She is the source of life, giver of plenty, goddess of time, and embodiment of the power of nature. Ishtar’s name means ‘giver of light’. She “descends to the underworld and restores the vegetation god, Tammuz, to life and thus restores fertility to the earth. As she descends she removes a veil at each gate. … Ishtar is a multifaceted, powerful symbol of a forthright mode of being that is unafraid to venture into underworld.”

Baroli, I hope this brings inspiration for you and someone else. :heart:

Blessings~

Baroli

Your Reading.

Card One

Pansy - The word pansy is derived from the french word pense meaning thought. Have you ever noticed the face of a pansy as it droops it looks like it is lost in thought? Here in the card the Pansy, we see the key words wishful thinking, and then in the picture we see the pansy with her face lost in thought. Thinking of the "what ifs and could I possibly do this?" A lot of people would say that daydreaming and think about things of whimsy is just a waste of time, but not so here. The great thinkers, and entrapaneurs of our tme started their business and ideas with perhaps a whimiscal thought or a daydream. I encourage you to always pay attention to your daydreams as they are a gift from the Universe, encouraging you to move forward with what you are thinking about doing. First is the thought, then we put the thought into motion and fruition. If Bill Gates didn't have an idea, we would not have microsoft. If Enstein didn't listen to his daydreams, we wouldn't have the theory of relativity. In order to achieve you must first dream dreams. I believe this is a card for you to continue to dream your dreams and put them into fruition.

Card Two

Marshmallow
Did you know that the marshmallow plant (not the fluffy thing we like to put into s'mores). was used during Victorian times for medicinal purposes. The key words here are sickness and health. The card depicts a woman who is taking very good care of a frog who is not feeling well. She is of course, the marshmallow plant. Behind her is and older marshmallow plant wating to give her things to aid in the wellness of the frog. The interesting thing here as we can tie this into the first card of thoughts and thinking and daydreaming, is that sickness and health can also be a emotional as well. If a friend is in need of help, a shoulder to cry on offer that shoulder, you will help that person and encourage trust. If a person is sick physically, help them to get well by taking care of their immediate needs. You may have a friend who does not understand the meaning of the words sickness and health. Perhaps as the older marshmallow plant, you can give the other person the tools they need to take care of their own immediate needs. Or if you are the one in need of care, listen to a friend's kind words for they are giving you marshmallows of kindness and care.

I don't know if this makes sense for you, I hope it does.

:love:
Baroli

tarot4fun

Feedback for Baroli

Baroli said:
Card One

Pansy - The word pansy is derived from the french word pense meaning thought. Have you ever noticed the face of a pansy as it droops it looks like it is lost in thought? Here in the card the Pansy, we see the key words wishful thinking, and then in the picture we see the pansy with her face lost in thought. Thinking of the "what ifs and could I possibly do this?" A lot of people would say that daydreaming and think about things of whimsy is just a waste of time, but not so here. The great thinkers, and entrapaneurs of our tme started their business and ideas with perhaps a whimiscal thought or a daydream. I encourage you to always pay attention to your daydreams as they are a gift from the Universe, encouraging you to move forward with what you are thinking about doing. First is the thought, then we put the thought into motion and fruition. If Bill Gates didn't have an idea, we would not have microsoft. If Enstein didn't listen to his daydreams, we wouldn't have the theory of relativity. In order to achieve you must first dream dreams. I believe this is a card for you to continue to dream your dreams and put them into fruition.
Well, this is appropriate. After many years of being busy, I often find myself alone with my thoughts. Thank you for encouraging me to pursue my dreams; I will take that as the daydreams and night dreams. And also, not to be afraid to take those first steps in a new direction. :)

Baroli said:
Card Two

Marshmallow
Did you know that the marshmallow plant (not the fluffy thing we like to put into s'mores). was used during Victorian times for medicinal purposes. The key words here are sickness and health. The card depicts a woman who is taking very good care of a frog who is not feeling well. She is of course, the marshmallow plant. Behind her is and older marshmallow plant wating to give her things to aid in the wellness of the frog. The interesting thing here as we can tie this into the first card of thoughts and thinking and daydreaming, is that sickness and health can also be a emotional as well. If a friend is in need of help, a shoulder to cry on offer that shoulder, you will help that person and encourage trust. If a person is sick physically, help them to get well by taking care of their immediate needs. You may have a friend who does not understand the meaning of the words sickness and health. Perhaps as the older marshmallow plant, you can give the other person the tools they need to take care of their own immediate needs. Or if you are the one in need of care, listen to a friend's kind words for they are giving you marshmallows of kindness and care.

I don't know if this makes sense for you, I hope it does.

:love:
Baroli
Yes! Althea Root; wonderful medicine in a good tea. What a sweet picture you described on this card. I immediately thought of my younger sisters. The oldest would say to the others, ‘go to Suz, she’ll heal you’ . Lately I have been missing my sisters and have been formulating a letter to each of them in my mind. It was like I needed to give each of them a special message ~ you have confirmed that this is indeed the right thing to do. :)

Thank you Baroli.

Baroli

tarot4fun said:
Goddesses Knowledge Cards
First, I only looked at the front of the cards and gave my impressions.

1. A Message of inspiration For the Seeker.
Selene

She is holding a young man. Time, as we know it, stands still for her. The universe moves past her as though she is going backwards ~ to the left ~ the past. The seasons of the moon come and go. She notices none of this. If she could go back in time and change things, she would; apparently she can. Her grief and sorrow is shared with no-one; it goes too deep and can't even be relieved with tears. So she sits quietly, holding him close, caressing his hand. Time moves on, but not for her.

Time means nothing to Spirit. We can “go back” in the spirit realm, to minister to the hurts of the past. We can forgive and ask forgiveness. We can speak to our young self and love the child whose pain no-one knew about. We are our own medicine. There are no limits to Spirit.

You have no idea how many times I have received this message to heal myself. It is a constant thing, not bad mind you but I do understand this so very much. It is what propels me to listen to other people and their problems and help them to heal. Thank you for validating what I have known my path has been.

A little from the card:
Selene is the ancient Greek goddess of the moon. Queen of the Starlit Heavens, she carries the moon across the sky. Selene fell in love with a mortal. When she descended to earth to join him, he fell into a deep sleep from which he never awoke. She continues to visits him nightly.
Later, Selene represented the full moon. She is Phoebe, meaning ‘bright and shining’. “Selene represents the fullness of life, incorporating all phases of light and darkness in her shining.”

2. A Message of inspiration for the Seeker to share with another.
Ishtar

She breaks through the veil, as though being birthed from the universe. The moon comes out from behind the clouds and illuminates the event. There are eyes in the dark. She sees and knows, even before her arrival.

A part of her will always see forward and know certain things ~ later on, she will understand why.

A little from the card:
Ishtar is the Babylonian creator goddess. She is the source of life, giver of plenty, goddess of time, and embodiment of the power of nature. Ishtar’s name means ‘giver of light’. She “descends to the underworld and restores the vegetation god, Tammuz, to life and thus restores fertility to the earth. As she descends she removes a veil at each gate. … Ishtar is a multifaceted, powerful symbol of a forthright mode of being that is unafraid to venture into underworld.”

LOL, I have been called many things by my friends and Goddess isn't one of them, however the thing that struck me is the phrase goddess of time and embodiment. I I don't look my age, never have. 53 and I look like 33. whoo hoo! But my sister is also one who does not look her age, and she needs to hear that, after just loosing a bunch of weight. She is my older sister. Thank you for this. This was really cool!!

Baroli, I hope this brings inspiration for you and someone else. :heart:

Blessings~