BABALON and Τransubstantiation

MasterJm

Some theosophists are teaching that 156 is the number of transubstantiation and that 777 is the number of a Heavenly Man (planetary Logos) and has to do also with a circle of reincarnations. Thinking that 156 is Babalon's number too, can anyone write more on that topic ? Whence originate these numbers ? 156 and 777.

gregory

777 as Heavenly Man shows up in detail in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire by Alice Bailey. She says there are 777 incarnations; his number lies hidden in those three digits, just as 666 and 888 hold the number of two other heavenly men.

She also says that 777 is the number of transmutation, which is the work of all heavenly men.

I can't see 156 as transubstantiation anywhere - source, please ?

MasterJm

777 as Heavenly Man shows up in detail in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire by Alice Bailey. She says there are 777 incarnations; his number lies hidden in those three digits, just as 666 and 888 hold the number of two other heavenly men.

She also says that 777 is the number of transmutation, which is the work of all heavenly men.

I can't see 156 as transubstantiation anywhere - source, please ?

Ah yes sorry i was distracted. 777 is the number of transmutation, so whence originates 156 ?

Zephyros

156 is the numerical value of BABALON in both Hebrew and Greek.

This is probably a chicken and egg question, but what came first, the names or the numbers and how harmoniously the (sometimes) work?

MasterJm

This is probably a chicken and egg question, but what came first, the names or the numbers and how harmoniously the (sometimes) work?

What means "chicken and egg question" in english ?

Zephyros

What means "chicken and egg question" in english ?

It is the question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. There's no answer to that. :)

MasterJm

It is the question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. There's no answer to that. :)

I knew about the numerology value. I meant whence originates that 156 is a transubstation number and how is that process connected to BABALON. Could you suggest me a source ?

gregory

You raised it as the meaning of 156 in your first post. Where did YOU find it ? I can't see it anywhere, though of course it is indeed the number of Babalon.

MasterJm said:
Some theosophists are teaching that 156 is the number of transubstantiation

WHICH theosophists, and where ?

But if you google it, the word transubstantiation appears on page 156 of SEVERAL books, so maybe someone just goofed.