Before Tarot, After Tarot

ResilientWench

No matter how long you've been involved in tarot, fill in the blank, I'd like to know, and maybe others, too:

"Before tarot, I was _____________________. Then I started studying/reading/etc. tarot. Now, I am ______________________."

cardlady22

"Before tarot, I was an avid reader/storyteller who only got to see other worlds in my own mind. Then I started studying/reading/etc. tarot. Now, I am reveling in worlds others have created and actually made into a reality."

Le Fanu

Before tarot I was someone who always had so much disposable income. Then I started enjoying tarot. Now I get annoyed at how expensive food is in the supermarket

morticia monroe

Le Fanu said:
Before tarot I was someone who always had so much disposable income. Then I started enjoying tarot. Now I get annoyed at how expensive food is in the supermarket

You said it all, my dear.

ResilientWench

Le Fanu said:

;0D lol

BlueBlulle

Before tarot, I was always doubting myself and my judgement. Then I started studying/reading/etc. tarot. Now, I am more sure of myself.

The following pairs also applies:
dismissive of tarot / a lot more wiser
talking myself out of getting more computer hardware / talking myself out of getting that interesting looking deck in the bookstore
never interested in silly little cloth pouches for cards / talking myself out of buying the cushioned, silk lined, button clasp pouch because the cotton bag is adequate (until the box falls completely apart)

greycats

ResilientWench: No matter how long you've been involved in tarot, fill in the blank, I'd like to know, and maybe others, too:

"Before tarot, I was handicapped when it came to visual analysis. Then I started studying/reading/etc. tarot. Now, I have a more comprehensive approach towards almost any situation. "

Also, there was a big dichotomy between my mental and physical life. Now not so much and I think the tarot helped with that (but so did a change of place and occupation ;) ).

dimwem

"Before tarot, I was a United Methodist to my core. Then I found tarot. Now, I am leaning away from tightly controlled religion and toward a more personal spirituality."

gregory

Before Tarot I had a bank balance.
Then I started buying tarot. Now, I am in the red - permanently, apparently.... :|

Cerulean

Before/After

...Before tarot I was curious and wondered if anyone used visual art to express their spiritual natures anymore--and questioned if I could even understand if I saw such art!
...After tarot, I am curious and happier to see how a tarot framework can provide a way for me to understand the spiritual concepts of visual artistic expression.

So I keep returning to see how it's going...

And it keeps going! Neat!

Cerulean