Beginner mistakes

nickysduck2

I am new to reading tarot cards. I have the shining angels deck and began using it a couple weeks ago and really have been amazed at how accurate the cards have been in relation to the questions I have asked.

4 days ago I was bored so I got out my tarot deck for fun and asked a question I really wanted to know the answer to.I have been waiting for a large sum of money and it is really all I have been able to focus on for months .

I asked If I would receive my money soon while I shuffled the tarot deck. I then drew a card and got the Ace of Pentacles. I looked up the meaning of the card and was very happy to read the meaning. I also found a thread here that indicated in terms of timing the Ace of Pentacles means within 1 day to 1 month so i was very pleased.

The next day being very pleased and optimistic I decided to confirm once more that I would receive my money within a month so I asked the cards this and got the Sun card. Ok Im very happy! I read the sun card is a yes card and felt that was very positive!

I was very thrilled but still a bit cautious so being the beginner that I am I asked 6 more times and got 6 more cards this week that all indicated wealth,prosperity and positive outcomes and I took that as yes yes yes I would certainly be paid within a month if I got that many confirmations of it. I also drew cards for about 10 friends and all of them were amazed at the relevance of the cards I drew for them as well.

Ok today out of nowhere I got some bad news and my good mood was ruined. I was filled with concern and worry about some financial things. I felt confused as well as indecisive about weather I should take on a new client or not. I can use the money but don't want to if I don't absolutely need to. If I am really going to receive my money within a month then I can hang on until then but feeling confused I think I made a beginners mistake and asked the cards out of frustration and confusion if I was still going to get paid the money within a month.

This time the cards were not as positive.I don't even recall which ones I drew. I was upset and feeling flustered so drew many and Now Im wondering if I can trust the cards at all. I just read the beginners mistakes to tarot reading and have violated them all. Lesson learned!

I know now not to keep drawing card after card for clarity and I need to move on and stop asking the same question over and over.Knowing this now and understanding how my emotions can change the outcome of the cards I draw is it still safe to assume that I will still in deed get my money within a month since I drew such positive cards when I was calm and centered to begin with and later got 6 confirmations of it after that?

Can I still trust the answers I got the first time I asked that question or have my negative vibes and recent worry changed the whole outcome now?

Lucas Prince of Cats

Yes, I believe you can still trust those first cards. Now, I suggest that if you want to get this deck back to right, you should cleanse it. I did mine with crystals. You, as you said, must have bothered it with repeatedly asking the same thing, and maybe bringing it in contact with other people or someone with negative energy too soon.

Also, the meaning of the cards depend on the person, and if I believe a card means something, it will only come up for me if it wants to tell me what I think it means. So, of you believe the ace if pentacle is within a month, than it is, but for me, it's one year, if you use nisabas timing method.

nickysduck2

Yes, I believe you can still trust those first cards. Now, I suggest that if you want to get this deck back to right, you should cleanse it. I did mine with crystals. You, as you said, must have bothered it with repeatedly asking the same thing, and maybe bringing it in contact with other people or someone with negative energy too soon.

Also, the meaning of the cards depend on the person, and if I believe a card means something, it will only come up for me if it wants to tell me what I think it means. So, of you believe the ace if pentacle is within a month, than it is, but for me, it's one year, if you use nisabas timing method.

Thanks so much! I have many different crystals. I will google how to cleanse my cards. I also slept with the deck under my pillow in the beginning and intuitively felt I synced myself with the deck this way. I appreciate your feedback!

Lucas Prince of Cats

Thanks so much! I have many different crystals. I will google how to cleanse my cards. I also slept with the deck under my pillow in the beginning and intuitively felt I synced myself with the deck this way. I appreciate your feedback!

No prob' bob! I think you're doing it well. it also helps to do cleanse repeatedly, but it depends on you. Always ask your deck how it is after the cleansing.

Saskia

I would wait to see the money, to be honest. Not only from a tarot perspective but from general life experience perspective - never spend what you don't have yet, it will surely lead you into stress and sleepless nights.

The cards may have been reliable, as the first reading is usually the accurate one and follow ups tend to muddy it up. But, because it's such an important matter to you, your feelings may have directed the cards to show what you want to see. I get this with job readings. I get all sorts of positive answers for me getting a dream job and I have never actually got it. With all other questions I get much more reliable answers.

Now you know not to ask the same question repeatedly ;) rather keep a log, and go back to your log and reflect on the cards you've already drawn to get reassurance, if you start doubting.

all the best with receiving the money!

Laurelle

That's the problem reading for yourself, you may see what you want to see because your so close. You can't step back and be impartial.

Say you really want to get back with your ex boyfriend so you ask tarot. Tarot tells you Temperance. You just *know* that you and he will get back together, so you think Temperance is telling you that you and he will end up back together.

Now say a reader gives you the same reading. They also pull Temperance, but because they are impartial tell you that they see closure between you two and not a reconcilliation.

So if we are feeling bad and down and draw a few cards, our emotional state is going to dictate how to interpret the cards based on our own subconscious feelings.

I wouldn't say the cards are wrong, it's just how you're reading them.

I would always go with my first answer, write them down and you can go back to them a few weeks later. Usually, in hindsight you see the answer perfectly clear.