pendulum vs tarot

hermit-IX

i though a pendulum answers your questions based on facts buti just found out that it answers your questions based on your intuition.

this got me wondering, does tarot operate the same way?

Krakken

i though a pendulum answers your questions based on facts buti just found out that it answers your questions based on your intuition.

this got me wondering, does tarot operate the same way?

Hej Hermit!...

You´re talking about diffrent things ... Energi and intuition,

a pendulum is move by your energi, not by your intuition.

There´s not need of energi or intuition for tarot readings... as you can see in this forum, some people feels like Nostradamus himself efter a youtube totorial. :)

However... to move a pendulum or to do a reading does not mean I SEE THE FUTURE NOW!

A pendulum does not answer questions... it´s you. pendulum its just a tool "to give a voice " to the info printed in your energi or to give a voice to the universum energi. Your intuition or tecnic let you "interpretate" the movement of the pendulum.

The tarot is a combination of observation, mathematic.

all thís is multiplicate for 10 if you have the gift of clarivoyance.

:) good luck.

Michael Sternbach

A pendulum works based on body intuition. It doesn'g fo anything by itself; it expresses the unconscious intuitive/psychic perception of the person who is using it.

Selecting Tarot is seemingly based on randomness and synchronicity. There is truth to that, to be sure. However, the shuffling and/or drawing is done according to the intuition of a human being. Thus it is not entirely different from using a pendulum. The methods of individual Tarot readers vary; personally I like to let my hand hover over the cards until I feel something like a tingling in my middle finger. Under certain circumstances (like lack of space for fanning out the deck), I simply shuffle and cut it, then take the required number of cards from the bottom.

When using a pendulum, I often write the various options on cards that I then turn face down and mix up as not to let my conscious mind potentially influence the result. Experience showed me that it's almost always the card on the bottom that the pendulum agrees to! (But that's just me.)

Of course, I could also use a pendulum to select Tarot cards, even though it's not necessary; my left middle finger serves me well.

hermit-IX

so the cards that you pick.
do you consider them factual or do you think you intuition picked them?

hermit-IX

i guess what im asking is....

do you pick the cards or do the cards pick you

Krakken

i guess what im asking is....

do you pick the cards or do the cards pick you

after shuffeling ... you pick the card. it´s ramdon.
your interpretation makes the diffrence.

Michael Sternbach

I do the choosing, based on my intuition. Admittedly, the cards sometimes have their way to catch my attention, almost as if they had a life of their own. Still, I am always part of the show.

Anyways, my intuition is referring to facts (or it isn't really intuition in the first place). I am not sure in what way you consider the two as separate from each other?

Michael Sternbach

after shuffeling ... you pick the card. it´s ramdon.
your interpretation makes the diffrence.

It seems random. Maybe it truly is - but since Tarot frequently gives very specific and accurate answers, we must then think about what randomness really means. Chaos Theory says that in randomness, there is hidden order. Deep waters we start swimming in, here...

Krakken

It seems random. Maybe it truly is - but since Tarot frequently gives very specific and accurate answers, we must then think about what randomness really means. Chaos Theory says that in randomness, there is hidden order. Deep waters we start swimming in, here...

Hej Michael...

He´s just asking who pick who... let the deck in the table and take a seat waiting to one card to jump in your hand.

The tarot doesnt give answers.... its your interpretation.

Till example, 10 of cups if meaning of the "happy ending"... that´s what the book say ... but my interpretation is "broken pipes is a house". if the tarot is talking about happy endings the 5 of pentacles will come... ´cause that´s my interpretation.

Michael Sternbach

Hej Michael...

He´s just asking who pick who... let the deck in the table and take a seat waiting to one card to jump in your hand.

The tarot doesnt give answers.... its your interpretation.

Till example, 10 of cups if meaning of the "happy ending"... that´s what the book say ... but my interpretation is "broken pipes is a house". if the tarot is talking about happy endings the 5 of pentacles will come... ´cause that´s my interpretation.

If that would be all there is to it, I would be doing inkblot tests rather than Tarot readings. From my experience:

1) The cards that come up in a reading "randomly" do not obey the statistical rules of chance. An example most readers are familiar with: The same cards recurring over and over in the same issue, even across different decks.

2) Their meanings are not random either. Otherwise, what use would it be to study meanings in different books or talk about it with other readers? As a beginner, I occasionally couldn't completely make sense of a card until I found an additional meaning in a book that I didn't even have yet at the time of the reading.

That being said, I agree that it seems like the cards assume somewhat personalized meanings for individual readers. Maybe it's simply that we all tend to stress some of their sides over others. Or maybe it depends on the reader's character: If they want to assign completely personal meanings to the cards, that's what they get. Personally, I am more comfortable with the idea that the cards represent archetypes that have some kind of objective existence on a noetic level - and which I can get more and more familiar with, although they ultimately remain shrouded in mystery.