Beginner's Spread???

samreid26

I was just wondering, what is a good spread if your just starting out. In my book, there are a few that seem good, but they're really large and sort of confusing. I just want a simple one that works nicely. Thank you!!
:OL

wavebreaker

Try a simple three-card spread, for example Past - Present - Future. That's a spread that works for practically all questions.

samreid26

Thank you!!

Thank you very much tarotlady! I appriciate it!!

samreid26

Oh yes...

Are there any books you can reccomend for me? I was just wondering since I am going to a large book store this weekend (Tomorrow!) that I know has quite a bit of Tarot Books and Decks. Thanks!!

wavebreaker

I don't know of any books on spreads (I'm sure there are some!), but have a look at this list, maybe there's something in there that might be useful for you.

Edited to add: there's one called Power Tarot by Trish Macgregor that claims to have 100 spreads. And there's Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads by Teresa Michelsen, in case you'd prefer to create your own spreads.

Aun

One of my favorite sites when it comes to spreads is:

http://www.tarotmoon.com

many options there, as far as sizes and subjects go.

Hope that helps...

Peace,
Aun

samreid26

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't thank you enough!!

lunalafey

any three card spread is good.
one I developed is:
-2-----3-
----1----
1. self
2. positive influences- 2 examples, hopes, helps
3. negitive influences, fears, hinders
the nature of the question and what cards show up will be more specific to what the infuences are.

bunnyhop

i've found it quite simple to make up my own spreads with however many cards i want...if you're consistent with the positions meanings the cards will ::searches for a better word, gives up:: "adapt".

just don't make the positions in your spread too over-the-top like, "what does my friend's sister's boyfriend think of the situation" or whatever...hope that wasn't too confusing ::nervous laugh::

samreid26

Awesome!!

Nope, not too confusing! ;) Thanks a bunch!