Better accuracy from draw method advice

swtdr34m3r

I was experimenting with draw methods for drawing cards for a reading and i was wondering which has a higher level of accuracy, shuffling your energy into the deck and drawing from the top? or trying to "feel" the energy of the pertinent cards and drawing them from the deck after fanning them out?

I tend to favor the fanning out method but i also use the top of deck method for various circumstances -- such as when i feel to emotionally tied to a reading or when i feel my intuition is a little out of sync that day-- , but i began to wonder what successes or failures other have had with either method of drawing cards.

What are your thoughts on this? which do you feel is the more accurate or more reliable method?

Serenia

I have done both - drawing cards from the top of the deck or fanning them out and choosing cards based on which one feels right. I didn't notice any change in accuracy, though. Personally, I believe that both methods have the same accuracy, but that it is important to decide on the drawing method before you shuffle the cards.

I usually choose a part of the deck, fan out the cards and then choose one or more cards from the fan. Not because I believe the accuracy is actually higher if I do this, but rather because it satisfies my gut feeling that it is unlikely to have all the "right" cards in a row on the top of your deck.

swtdr34m3r

I have done both - drawing cards from the top of the deck or fanning them out and choosing cards based on which one feels right. I didn't notice any change in accuracy, though. Personally, I believe that both methods have the same accuracy, but that it is important to decide on the drawing method before you shuffle the cards.

I usually choose a part of the deck, fan out the cards and then choose one or more cards from the fan. Not because I believe the accuracy is actually higher if I do this, but rather because it satisfies my gut feeling that it is unlikely to have all the "right" cards in a row on the top of your deck.

That is usually why i favor the fan method as well, since i believe if a card should be in your spread it will call out in some form or another as i tend to draw the same cards when asking about the same subject until things change.(or my cards get sick of answering and just start telling me to give it a rest)

But i began to wonder if my emotions/energy might be influencing things when i pick cards out i.e. i rush/mis-sense the cards etc.

Guess thats why i was asking about the differences and if there is anyone that has had a significant change for their readings.

however I do believe i may need to try this selecting a part of the deck to draw from as i usually do top only or entire deck fans. maybe itll change things around for me.

Mystic Zyl

I like the fanning method myself, especially if my clients have small hands and it is difficult for them to shuffle. I like to have every card exposed for the potential of being picked.

swtdr34m3r

I like the fanning method myself, especially if my clients have small hands and it is difficult for them to shuffle. I like to have every card exposed for the potential of being picked.

if you have an effective shuffling method would on the top be just as accurate? because i use a version of the riffle( i sort of slide the top card of two piles into a third pile dropping 1-2 depending on what feels right) and when i combine with overhand, i feel like it effectively mixes up the cards.

However i am in agreement, i like the potential that any card can be picked, but sometimes in a self read i feel like intuition is clouded by emotions sometimes and i worry it might affect the accuracy of the draw.

dancing_moon

I've used overhand shuffling all my life, and I've never had problems with accuracy.

I guess it's a question of your personal belief. If you believe deep inside that your deck can't possibly deliver all the 'right' cards on the top of the deck and in the 'right' order, then it won't. Myself, I've always firmly believed just that: my deck will always have them on top and in the correct order after shuffling and cutting. :)

swtdr34m3r

I've used overhand shuffling all my life, and I've never had problems with accuracy.

I guess it's a question of your personal belief. If you believe deep inside that your deck can't possibly deliver all the 'right' cards on the top of the deck and in the 'right' order, then it won't. Myself, I've always firmly believed just that: my deck will always have them on top and in the correct order after shuffling and cutting. :)

Well i guess ive just been doubting my own accuracy lately, and got to wondering what things might affect my ability to use these cards to accurately read situations.

maybe it is this doubt that is causing the confusion. But for me it always felt natural to let the energies guide my hand to the cards that will tell me what i need to know. But lately i felt as if there was a block in the energy because everytime i have gone to draw a card i didnt feel the usual energies i do when i fan draw, and felt like maybe the cards were telling me they were on top. While the message i got makes sense(unless i read the cards wrong), i doubted the accuracy because i tend to see the situation very negatively.

which led me here to get some opinions <~<

lalalibra

I do overhand shuffling as well. When I first started out, I used to cut the deck, restack, and then draw cards from the top. But now I've switched to the fanning method. So now I do the same overhand shuffling, cut the deck, and then fan the cards and choose whatever cards I feel drawn to by sensing their energy in a variety of ways.

I never noticed the readings to be inaccurate when I used to draw cards from the top so I do think it's all about what feels right... With that being said, my preference has changed. Now I don't feel right about drawing from the top, and instead, I choose to fan the cards. With fanning them, it feels more randomized to me because the shuffling done beforehand doesn't need to be as thorough since the cards that will go into the reading don't depend on having to be next to each other in sequence (unless I choose to draw them that way).

I also don't particularly worry about the fanning needing to be done "perfectly" - as in I don't feel I need to make sure that all 78 cards are exposed. I fan them and sometimes they fan more in 'clumps' rather than being spread evenly. When that happens, I'll often feel very drawn to the cards that end up being more exposed. But if not, then sometimes I let my fingers dig through those 'clumps' to find the "right" card. That's what I do if I draw with my eyes open... Sometimes I actually close my eyes to choose the cards, and I've found that when I do this, I can "see" the arch of cards before me in my mind's eye, and I can see certain cards/areas more 'lit up' - and I draw based on that. Other times, I just feel it with my hands. I don't plan what I do. I just do it...

So I don't have a set plan/ritual as to how to draw the cards. That's the opposite of the advice I've read in most books - they often tell you to pick one way to shuffle and stick to it forever. Not me - I go by what I feel - and if I do that sincerely then I don't feel there's any one way of being more or less accurate. I think that one reason that some people advise you to stick to one way of shuffling is so that you won't over-think it and eventually it will become very automatic, perhaps helping to signal your subconscious to go into "reading mode." But I, however, don't like turning it into a mechanical, structured process. So this is just what works for me. What I do feels like it helps me to be more free about it. It just feels more open and receptive to the moment. I trust that the cards I draw are meant for me and they always are.

nisaba

I was experimenting with draw methods for drawing cards for a reading and i was wondering which has a higher level of accuracy, shuffling your energy into the deck and drawing from the top? or trying to "feel" the energy of the pertinent cards and drawing them from the deck after fanning them out?

I saw a TV game show once, where a major prize was in one of a number of suitcases. It was the "right" suitcase to draw at that time.

They did a psychics episode. The psychic who won the right to pick the suitcase, went around them all, felt them all, then decided on the winning one.

It wasn't.

If we can't pick the right suitcase out of five, what makes us think we can pick the right card out of seventy-eight? I have this deal with my deck that I shuffle a certain number of times then cut, and the deck has *that* long to get all the cards I'll use up to the top of the deck, in the order I will need them. :)

It's a better strategy, given the wrongness of picking the winning suitcase out of far fewer than 78, than trusting that you'll somehow pick the right cards.

swtdr34m3r

I saw a TV game show once, where a major prize was in one of a number of suitcases. It was the "right" suitcase to draw at that time.

They did a psychics episode. The psychic who won the right to pick the suitcase, went around them all, felt them all, then decided on the winning one.

It wasn't.

If we can't pick the right suitcase out of five, what makes us think we can pick the right card out of seventy-eight? I have this deal with my deck that I shuffle a certain number of times then cut, and the deck has *that* long to get all the cards I'll use up to the top of the deck, in the order I will need them. :)

It's a better strategy, given the wrongness of picking the winning suitcase out of far fewer than 78, than trusting that you'll somehow pick the right cards.

That is exactly the reason why I am afraid my readings are inaccurate =( however I do trust my intuition almost unconditionally in most cases, So I don't know, maybe I'll post a trial to the your readings forum to test it out!

Two cc spreads one intuitively picked and one shuffled and layed out and see which is closer toy current situation <~<