Binding your cards?

Mateo06

I know most people keep their cards in a bag, or wrapped in fabric, but what do you do beyond that? Do you bind them with string, hairband, rubberband or let them seperate?
My reason for asking is upon recieving the Revelations Tarot I noticed it came with a bag. My first deck that I am using a bag with (because it was free, and why not) but trying to pull the cards out is a little difficult. Will binding them damage the cards?

nisaba

If you wrap them, then they are held together by the cloth. With bags, if the bag is big enough, I put them in, then wrap the bag around itself to hold tghem together.

I don't advice rubber bands. tehy deteriorate with time - and if you end up not using a particular deck for a while the rubber band will sort-of melt onto it (happened to one of mine). Don't do it.

Shadow wolf1214

ha let me tell you, when i read your title, i thought you were talking about a spell. But for me i just keep my cards in the bag that came with it, i use the Llewellyn Tarot and that came with a yellow drawstring bag which is sufficient.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I went to Wal-Mart (for anyone not familiar with this term this is a large building where a ton of crap is sold really cheap).

I bought a pack of a dozen organza (that mesh-y material the revelations bag is made out of) and keep my decks in those. They don't damage the cards, and they're super cheap. Then I keep all the decks in a huge wooden chest with a bunch of other books and whatnot.

lark

I make my own bags and make them a little bigger so the cards are easy to get in and out..but I also hold them together with no ouch pony tail holders..they are the soft fabric ones that don't have any metal on them.
I buy them in all different colors they usually come in packets of 10 or more...I like to match the colors to the deck... :)

Rabbit

Shadow wolf1214 said:
ha let me tell you, when i read your title, i thought you were talking about a spell. But for me i just keep my cards in the bag that came with it, i use the Llewellyn Tarot and that came with a yellow drawstring bag which is sufficient.

Yes I thought the same! A spell! My next thought was why would you not want to let your cards do what they do? My third thought was about the time I binded that guy and what a mess it turned out to be!
I keep mine in their box or clothbag, don't like bands or plastic.

bellathebrave123

no 'binding' for me. Just various bags and in some cases in boxes and then boxes in bags.

gregory

I got a deck on ebay once, that had been bound - and the cards were sort of squished round the waist... NO WAY. (The bag with the Revelations is the type that comes form Walmart - or, even cheaper - from Dollarama !) I have zillions. Dollarama also sell very cheap BOXES - I have a few decks in those... measure with care before you go in - and remember you need to check the box INSIDE, NOT outside !!! :|

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Dollarama also sell very cheap BOXES - I have a few decks in those... measure with care before you go in - and remember you need to check the box INSIDE, NOT outside !!! :|

I always have one of those extra cards in my bag. You know those Scarabeo extra cards which list all the decks? And the US Games title cards. One of each "standard" size to give me an idea of size. You never know when you might come across a box or bag which might be put to good "tarot" use!