Bling type Tarot Decks...Anyone like them?

Crescent

Decks like botticelli, st petersburg, etc.... with the gold foil.. Anyone like these decks?
I thought i would like them. but turns out i really cant read them at all.

What are your thoughts on the blingy decks?

Glitterbird

I love blingy decks, but the bling alone doesn't sell me the deck. But it sure does enhance a good deck.

cricket

I love them to pieces, but can't read with all of them. It's the individual deck that either speaks to me or not - not the bling.

Le Fanu

I have to like the deck before it was blasted with gold foil.

Having said that, I like - and have - them all. Obviously we're talking about the LoS style gold-foiling not the ever-so-subtle VR Gold which is not bling at all (just to make that distinction clear!)

St Petersburg, btw isn't a blingy deck, maybe you're thinking of the Tarot of the Tsar?

Just to clarify, let's say...

Golden Tarot of the Renaissance,
Golden Tarot of Klimt
Golden Botticelli
Golden Tarot of the Tsars
Nefertari

Any more?

Of all of them, the one I like most is the Klimt. But I'd like it even if it didn't have gold stamped on it. The one I like least is the Nefertari. It feels a bit like a holiday souvenir from Cairo; "My friend went to Cairo on a package tour and all I got was this lousy tarot deck" It has a souvenir shop atmosphere. I much prefer the Tarot of the Sphynx which is the same deck without the gold and the images inverted.

Annabelle

I'm a sucker for blingy decks. I love them.

I don't normally use the LS gold foil decks for readings, though. Mostly for the same reason that I rarely use any LS decks for readings . . . an overabundance of detail.

nisaba

Crescent said:
What are your thoughts on the blingy decks?
Love 'em (even if they're not by Ingham's).

I use my Botticelli as my "pull strangers over to ask for readings by using in public" deck. I use my Gold-foil Visconti regularly when I'm reading in venues - it's easier to transport and more luscious-looking than its two bigger brothers in my collection (Piedpont-Morgan and Cary-yale), even if I actually like it less. The Golden Klimt is seriously weird in a clinically depressed kind of a way and tends to scare customers (and waitresses!), but I love it anyway. the Dali Universal is one of only a minority of decks that have gilding on the edges, giving it a luxurious feel. In all their different ways, I'm fond of them all. And then there is the silver-gilded Kunati-Quantum, which is *sensational*, and gives cracking readings.

Some of them read easier than others, but the presence or absence of gold in and of itself doesn't seem to make a difference.

Love 'em all.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
I use my Gold-foil Visconti regularly
Damn. I always forget that one.

The Visconti decks are doomed to forever slip my mind.

frelkins

Love them love them love them. Sitters like them too. :)

Abrac

Hi Crescent, I liked the Visconti with gold foil when I first got it. It's the only 'bling' deck I have. Now that the novelty's worn off, I think I'd love it even more if the gold was a tad darker to make it look older. I doubt even the original gold was that shiny brand new. :)

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
"My friend went to Cairo on a package tour and all I got was this lousy tarot deck"
<splutter> I WANT THE TEE-SHIRT! I'd even buy the Nefetari if I had to, to get it!